PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Shopping!!!

lepfan
12-23-2003, 12:24 AM
I can not believe I agreed to do this!!!! My mother sent me $$$ to do all her shopping for my family...so I gladly did the favor for her. Bought the presents, wrapped the presents, and will transport the presents to her house for the kids to open. Then, I realized I had not done my own shopping... :( So I go out for the last 2 days frantically trying to get my shopping done...got all of it but 1 gift :D (i am hoping I did not forget something) :rolleyes:

AND THEN....my husband decides he will tell his mother we will do her shopping too!!! eek! eek!

Next year if I do the shopping it will be gift cards for everyone!!!

This sleigh of Santa's will be heading out soon...I am hoping to find some snow...I miss that stuff!!! I wish you all a safe and Merry Christmas!!! :D :D

Buccaneer
12-23-2003, 12:59 AM
For the second year in a row I did all my shopping online. You can find some real bargains and usually get free shipping and avoid those pesky taxes. But most of all you avoid all those crowds in the stores, parking lots and on the road.
This is pretty good for a guy who used to do all of his shopping on Christmas Eve and just put bows on the shopping bags.

pirate4state
12-23-2003, 09:47 AM
Buccaneer:
For the second year in a row I did all my shopping online. You can find some real bargains and usually get free shipping and avoid those pesky taxes. But most of all you avoid all those crowds in the stores, parking lots and on the road.
This is pretty good for a guy who used to do all of his shopping on Christmas Eve and just put bows on the shopping bags.Hey Buccaneer, I like your from answer ... sodville!! lol :D

District303aPastPlayer
12-23-2003, 09:52 AM
pirate4state:

Buccaneer:
This is pretty good for a guy who used to do all of his shopping on Christmas Eve and just put bows on the shopping bags.Hey Buccaneer, I like your from answer ... sodville!! lol :D All roads lead to Sodville

Buccaneer
12-24-2003, 01:02 AM
http://www.tsha.utexas.edu/handbook/online/articles/print/SS/hns59.html
For those you have never heard of Sodville ! Like that is possible! I was in the last graduating class of Sodville High. We won the 6man State Championship in 1946. We were stripped of the title when it was learned that our tight end, Sonny Boy Washington was 28 years old. He never attended class but was a pressman at the Sodville Gin across the road. But he sure could fly. We were the Sodville Fighting Mudcats but were affectionately known as the Sodville Sots since the school janitor, Otis Ray, kept a still in the school basement. When we were stripped of the title he got so mad he blew up his still and took most of the school with it. All now that is left is the foundation and some fond memories.

poncho
12-24-2003, 11:46 PM
Thanks thats a interesting story! :cool: :D

SINTON65
12-25-2003, 04:27 PM
Yeah, now you know the rest of the story as Paul Harvey would say. Quite a tale! :D