PDA

View Full Version : Calling out Glen Rose

big daddy russ
09-30-2009, 04:06 PM
Happened to stumble across this when I was doing some research for the Top 25. Just wanted to call them out, get some bad pub their way.

Unable to slow down the Graham offense in the first half, Glen Rose defenders hit McCoy late on three successive plays in the second quarter as they slid into a 21-0 hole following a 55-yard catch and run by Dylan Fulford with 5:38 remaining.

link (http://www.timesrecordnews.com/news/2009/sep/26/no-10-steers-stay-unbeaten/)

That is all.

Roadwarrior
09-30-2009, 05:28 PM
You must have missed the thread earlier in the week on this subject that eventually got deleted. There were plenty of penalties for both teams but Glen Rose never got three in a row, and that is a fact. Whoever wrote that article doesnt have a clue. Most stats in that article arent even close to being correct. Graham won a hard fought intense game with a slew of penalties and thats about it. Graham has a running back (#33) that is about as good as you will see in 3a ball and he was the difference in the game.

Doesnt really matter much though. I doubt there is a single person in Glen Rose Texas that gives a rats behind whether or not Big Daddy Russ calls them out or not. Why would Big Daddy Russ even think his opinion is even relevant to someone in Glen Rose. If nothing else though, maybe it will give them a little bulletin board material to motivate them next week. Thanks Russ

GrTigers6
09-30-2009, 05:48 PM
Yeah I agree with road warrior. The "vicious hit on #13" that forced a fumble was a slap from behind as he was trying to break a tackle and get to the endzone so someone obviously dreamed that info. :tisk:

d0tc0m
09-30-2009, 06:01 PM
I can't speak for this Glen Rose team, but when Celina played them in '06, GR played very very dirty. That's why they got 70 hung on them.

Matthew328
09-30-2009, 06:07 PM
I remember when we played Glen Rose back in 2002 at home there were some um....unkind things said to our team during warmups..of course when it was 44-0 at halftime there wasn't much to be said.

GrTigers6
09-30-2009, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by d0tc0m
I can't speak for this Glen Rose team, but when Celina played them in '06, GR played very very dirty. That's why they got 70 hung on them. How did we play dirty?. And those calls against Graham were far from even questionable.

LE Dad
09-30-2009, 06:42 PM
WOW 911 whatsoever your emergency ??

i would like to report an assault.............. BDR just smacked the shiznit outta GR.:vrycnfsd: :vrycnfsd:

Bullaholic
09-30-2009, 06:55 PM
Everybody please understand---I applaud BDR and his journalistic savvy---he has fallen on his 'sword' to elicit some honest response at his expense, and maybe a little of Glen Rose's, to get to the truth of a conjectured, controversial matter, instead of offering the usual banter that has been served up in so many threads of late. All of us---even the 'called out' Glen Rose folks should appreciate this....

BDR--I salute you sir--I don't have the cajones to do what you have done---:clap: :clap: :clap:

LLM_1331
09-30-2009, 07:28 PM
Why is Lake Worth even in this thread...? If you can't handle a little smack talk you do not need to be playing football. Cricket!!!! that's it. play cricket.

LE Dad
09-30-2009, 07:32 PM
2 observations

1. There were 2 very heated threads after the Graham / GR game where both sides were discussed.

2. If you are inquiring "question for GR" or " Hey GR " would probably illicit a more open forum but "calling out GR " well here you are.

:thinking:

LE Dad
09-30-2009, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by LLM_1331
Why is Lake Worth even in this thread...? If you can't handle a little smack talk you do not need to be playing football. Cricket!!!! that's it. play cricket. Check his member # dude. Matthew 328 knows football. Just FYI

Just watching :eek: :eek:

:1popcorn:

LLM_1331
09-30-2009, 07:45 PM
I know he know's his football, I like every board he has ever been a part of. I have been to a bunch of football game's at every level, and there is trash being talk at the majority of them. I just don't understand how you can call out just one team.

big daddy russ
09-30-2009, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Check his member # dude. Matthew 328 knows football. Just FYI

Just watching :eek: :eek:

:1popcorn:
Actually, Matt's from Everman. Man, those teams were scary good.

I went to a couple of Everman games in 2001 (Forney and Sinton). They had an amazing group of kids up there. "Yes sir" and "no sir" everywhere I turned. I still root for the Bulldogs because of how they carried themselves.

LE Dad
09-30-2009, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by LLM_1331
I know he know's his football, I like every board he has ever been a part of. I have been to a bunch of football game's at every level, and there is trash being talk at the majority of them. I just don't understand how you can call out just one team. I have had no personal experience with GR so I am just an interested observer. I'm not sure what intent was here and would suggest that this thread either drift away or be closed. JMHO:)

Matthew328
09-30-2009, 08:30 PM
Let's just say when we played GR in 2002 there was a word that started with N that came from several players mouths in pregame...that is enough :)

big daddy russ
09-30-2009, 08:32 PM
I have had no personal experience with GR so I am just an interested observer. I'm not sure what intent was here and would suggest that this thread either drift away or be closed. JMHO:)
Just trying to bring some heat on GR by highlighting the story. I have no dog in this fight. Didn't even know what GR's unis looked like before this.

If it's really just a case of home cooking and the reporter got it wrong, I'll be the first to say I'm sorry. If not, leave the thread open.

Matthew328
09-30-2009, 08:33 PM
And I was just chiming in personal experience w/Glen Rose that was not all too pleasant. :) Except for the 57-0 ass whipping we put on them! LOL

LE Dad
09-30-2009, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Just trying to bring some heat on GR by highlighting the story. I have no dog in this fight. Didn't even know what GR's unis looked like before this.

If it's really just a case of home cooking and the reporter got it wrong, I'll be the first to say I'm sorry. If not, leave the thread open. LOL, RWB highlighed them pretty good right after the game and most of the day Saturday. I think 1 or both of those threads were closed. You are right though, if this is consistently occurring then there is a problem. There is are a couple of teams down south that I know are guilty of this type of stuff. One got called on it today. GR posters you know the perception your team has now, I am sure most of you attend booster club meetings. This is certainly something that should be addressed. Th th thats all folks.
:D

LE Dad
09-30-2009, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
And I was just chiming in personal experience w/Glen Rose that was not all too pleasant. :) Except for the 57-0 ass whipping we put on them! LOL :D LOLScoreboard

GrTigers6
09-30-2009, 09:01 PM
WE ARE NOT DIRTY PLAYERS. I cant speak for the team of 2002. that was 7 years ago.
This thread is ridiculous, if you look at the stats Graham had as many as we did. But we are called out. Whats up with that?
How about lets stop pointing fingers and go on to week 6.
:dispntd:

GrTigers6
09-30-2009, 09:02 PM
:D LOLScoreboard

GrTigers6
09-30-2009, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
And I was just chiming in personal experience w/Glen Rose that was not all too pleasant. :) Except for the 57-0 ass whipping we put on them! LOL Yeah and what about the 54-7 whipping we gave yall two years ago. We can do this all day back and forth. Its ridiculous.

LE Dad
09-30-2009, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
yeah and how about the 54-7 we put on yall 2 years ago :tisk: :tisk: Wrong LE bro. Liberty Eylau has NEVER played GR.:doh: :doh: :doh: Nice Little Elm smack though:rolleyes:

GrTigers6
09-30-2009, 09:12 PM
:tisk: :tisk: Wrong LE bro. Liberty Eylau has NEVER played GR.:doh: :doh: :doh: Nice Little Elm smack though:rolleyes: Sorry I quoted wrong person.:D

GrTigers6
09-30-2009, 09:13 PM
:tisk: :tisk: Wrong LE bro. Liberty Eylau has NEVER played GR.:doh: :doh: :doh: Nice Little Elm smack though:rolleyes: I think the closest we came to yall was Pleasant Grove

Ranger Mom
09-30-2009, 09:19 PM
http://www.5photostory.com/photos/padlock.jpg