PDA

View Full Version : Best Current QB-Receiver Combo?

Bullaholic
09-30-2009, 03:05 PM
Who has the best QB-Receiver (All receiver positions) combo going right now in terms of yards and/or TD's?

Move The Chains
09-30-2009, 03:05 PM
Probably the kid McHazlett from LaGrange.

I can't remember the QB's name.

12thMan
09-30-2009, 04:29 PM
Tyler and any of the Cuero receiver's. We spread the ball around.

Texas Cougar
09-30-2009, 04:55 PM
Brian Bell has 1659 yards passing, 16 TD, and 3 Int. Zack Hogeda has 37 Rec for 503 yards and 5 TD.

navscanmaster
09-30-2009, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Texas Cougar
Brian Bell has 1659 yards passing, 16 TD, and 3 Int. Zack Hogeda has 37 Rec for 503 yards and 5 TD.

Sounds like a winner to me, in terms of stats. How many rec. do the rest of the receivers have?

allforball
09-30-2009, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Move The Chains

Josh Schneider Sr., QB to Jr., Brandon Wilkerson. McHazlett does a fine job also but Wilkerson is a Division I prospect and he and Schnieder have been a combo for the past 3 years (2 years on JV). Wilkerson is the playmaker. Be curious what LG will do with him next year since the JV & Freshmen are running the slot T.

Move The Chains
09-30-2009, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by allforball
Josh Schneider Sr., QB to Jr., Brandon Wilkerson. McHazlett does a fine job also but Wilkerson is a Division I prospect and he and Schnieder have been a combo for the past 3 years (2 years on JV). Wilkerson is the playmaker. Be curious what LG will do with him next year since the JV & Freshmen are running the slot T. Ahhh. I had em mixed up. Thanks.

footballguru
09-30-2009, 08:23 PM
Schneider to Wilkerson = 31 receptions 550 yards 11 tds
Schneider to McHazlett = 39 receptions 480 yards 4 tds. Wilkerson is the deep threat McHazlett is the short underneath threat.

Move The Chains
09-30-2009, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by footballguru
Schneider to Wilkerson = 31 receptions 550 yards 11 tds
Schneider to McHazlett = 39 receptions 480 yards 4 tds. Wilkerson is the deep threat McHazlett is the short underneath threat. :clap:

Good info. Thanks. Either Way, Schneider is lighting it up. :)

Rabid Cougar
10-01-2009, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Sounds like a winner to me, in terms of stats. How many rec. do the rest of the receivers have?
Hogeda is long ball threat with break away speed thus the yardage. All of the others have about the same number of catches but for varying yardage. Bell really does spread it around. I think he threw to at least 7 different receivers one game.

Twirling Time
10-01-2009, 04:50 AM
Chris Burge and any of three receivers from Van Alstyne. That offense of theirs is just putting up some stupid numbers.

Passing

Chris Burge, Van Alstyne 67-97-2 1,343 16

Receiving

Chance Grayson, Van Alstyne 18 417 3

Solomon Biscarro, Van Alstyne 16 386 6

Tanner Neill, Van Alstyne 14 311 5

(top 3 receivers in area)

hookandladder
10-01-2009, 06:37 AM
:clap:

All three are having a great year, however with Wilkerson's speed if he ran more short routes there is no telling how many yards he would have this year already. He is a stud and some college is missing out if our QB does not get an offer to play college ball. Coaches son that can make all the passes with great touch on the ball.

hookandladder
10-01-2009, 07:31 AM
:clap:

All three are having a great year, The Wilkerson kid is a threat long or short with his speed. Great athelete, also if some college does not offer a scholarship to our QB they are missing out. Coaches son that can make all the passes with great touch on the deep ball.

jp744
10-01-2009, 07:40 AM
Stevie Dorman Somerset QB
71/119 for 1142 12TD's 4ints

Jacob Hillyer 6'4" 200 4.6 25 catches 333yds 2TD's
Devin Judkins 6'5" 226 4.7 20 catches 260yds 3TD's
John Guerra 6'3" 185 4.5 14 catches 259yds 2TD's
Will Harlos has not played rb since 2nd game because of a cast on his right hand but before that 4 catches 82 yds 2TD's kid is real fast.

Aesculus gilmus
10-01-2009, 08:42 AM
Gilmer's Darian Godfrey-to-Tristan Holt duo is very explosive.

Holt has 16 catches for 328 yards and 4 TDs. He'd have more on any other team than Gilmer because the Buckeyes distribute the ball to so many different receivers.

waterboy
10-01-2009, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Gilmer's Darian Godfrey-to-Tristan Holt duo is very explosive.

Holt has 16 catches for 328 yards and 4 TDs. He'd have more on any other team than Gilmer because the Buckeyes distribute the ball to so many different receivers.
Yeah, I'd have to add Darian "Stump" Godfrey to this list, but as far as receivers, he has a bunch of 'em he can go to, and does. Eleven different receivers caught balls in the Kilgore game, and nine different receivers caught balls in the Daingerfield game, but that Godfrey to Holt combination is probably the most explosive because of Holt's speed.

TRENCHES06
10-01-2009, 11:09 AM
Gilmer has freaks all over at WR. QB is pretty darn good too.

McHazlett and Wilkerson compliment each other greatly and the other WR's are more than capable including a couple that spot play on offense because they start on defense.

Wilkerson is starting to get attention from some colleges Schneider has at least one offer from a D2 school with some other Southland Conference teams being interested.

Buckeye1980
10-01-2009, 11:18 AM
Stump's Stats

141-103 (73 %) 1392 yds 14 TD's 2 INT

13 different recievers!

Pudlugger
10-01-2009, 11:58 AM

Josh Schneider is qb from La Grange. I would have to add Brandon Wilkerson. He is very hard to cover, has great hands and has the speed to break the big play down field. He is the best 3a receiver I have seen in the 15 years I've followed the teams. He reminds me of the kid from Orangefield in the area final of 2003. IIIRC his name was Garcia.(?) Very hard to defend.

Move The Chains
10-01-2009, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Josh Schneider is qb from La Grange. I would have to add Brandon Wilkerson. He is very hard to cover, has great hands and has the speed to break the big play down field. He is the best 3a receiver I have seen in the 15 years I've followed the teams. He reminds me of the kid from Orangefield in the area final of 2003. IIIRC his name was Garcia.(?) Very hard to defend. I haven't personally seen LaGrange, but the stats say enough. I really wanna catch the LG/Giddings game.

hookandladder
10-01-2009, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by TRENCHES06
Gilmer has freaks all over at WR. QB is pretty darn good too.

McHazlett and Wilkerson compliment each other greatly and the other WR's are more than capable including a couple that spot play on offense because they start on defense.

Wilkerson is starting to get attention from some colleges Schneider has at least one offer from a D2 school with some other Southland Conference teams being interested.

Great to hear that they are getting recognized, both are very worthy of earning a scholarship. With La Grange running the slot-T next year, I hope Brandon can nail down a scholarship this year. I would assume his receiveing #'s will be way down next year with the new offense.