PDA

View Full Version : random thought 9/29/09

Gobbla2001
09-29-2009, 10:16 PM
Abstract art gives us shapes outside of the normal geometrical lines that crowd our eyes all day, there's something comforting about looking at something different such as this:

http://s-cred.com/catalog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/abstract-sugod.jpg

But then, if you're like me, reality strikes and you are filled with ire: some lazy person was paid a decent salary by our government through the national endowment of the arts to sit on their rearend for about a year before finally saying "Hey, I think I'm gunna take this paint, chunk it at this blank canvas, name it "Anger" and have everyone whose nose can turn up walk by it and say "Wow.... Genius""... makes me wanna puke...

Move The Chains
09-29-2009, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
makes me wanna puke... "I'M A MAN! I'M 40!" :cool: :D

AP Panther Fan
09-30-2009, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

http://s-cred.com/catalog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/abstract-sugod.jpg

Looks like a drop cloth you might put on the floor while a three year old paints.

sinton66
09-30-2009, 05:33 PM
needs some bullet holes.:D

SintonFan
09-30-2009, 11:01 PM
You folks just don't get this:

You can obviously see a musical score(a person's life itself with the music bars and the yellowish line from lower left to upper right) that starts soft and crescendos toward a climatic end!
The use of red colors early on(Parents?) do though suggest a violent beginning and a sense of peace later(possibly pain later too?). An interesting and intriguing reversal.
The darkest colors represent marriage and possibly a family soon after.
The cool colors(blues and greens) on the bottom represent childhood, puberty(with cool and warm colors mixed), cool again with a family and drop off and then finally Grandchildren.

Then again I'm left-handed...
art is not my specialty.:D

Farmersfan
10-01-2009, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
You folks just don't get this:

You can obviously see a musical score(a person's life itself with the music bars and the yellowish line from lower left to upper right) that starts soft and crescendos toward a climatic end!
The use of red colors early on(Parents?) do though suggest a violent beginning and a sense of peace later(possibly pain later too?). An interesting and intriguing reversal.
The darkest colors represent marriage and possibly a family soon after.
The cool colors(blues and greens) on the bottom represent childhood, puberty(with cool and warm colors mixed), cool again with a family and drop off and then finally Grandchildren.

Then again I'm left-handed...
art is not my specialty.:D

Wow! You are a genius. I also see a upward trending life(golds & greens) fighting against the downward moving forces in Red & Black. Notice how the advancing representations are all slanted upwards but the downward moving are mostly all going straight down. Perhaps the artist is saying that life is always moving slowly upwards and forwards while obstacles are always trying to push it back down?
....................Or maybe it is just a drop cloth?

SintonFan
10-01-2009, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
....................Or maybe it is just a drop cloth?

It just might be.:D