PDA

View Full Version : 3A Junior High Stadiums

Antec
09-29-2009, 08:14 PM
How many other 3A school have their own junior high stadium besides Wharton?

The one in Wharton has been there forever and Wharton County Junior College Pioneers played games there before Tiger Stadium was completed way back when.

It ony has stands on home side. Has a 3-4 lane track around it.

Move The Chains
09-29-2009, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Antec

The one in Wharton has been there forever and Wharton County Junior College Pioneers played games there before Tiger Stadium was completed way back when.

It ony has stands on home side. Has a 3-4 lane track around it. We used to, but they tore it down I think.

Antec
09-29-2009, 08:28 PM
A few years ago when I was in Smithville I think I drove by an old football stadium near Hwy 71

Not sure if they still use it.

SHSBulldog00
09-29-2009, 08:29 PM
Sweeny has one

raider red 2000
09-29-2009, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Antec

It ony has stands on home side. Has a 3-4 lane track around it.

Wharton JH plays at the HS stadium.

zebrablue2
09-29-2009, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
We used to, but they tore it down I think.

U think???:confused:

navscanmaster
09-29-2009, 09:19 PM
The original plan was for Navasota junior high to use old Brule Stadium which saw it's last varsity game in 2006. It seated about 2000 before they dismantled the visitor stands. Only the home concrete bleachers built into the earthen slope remain, and I think it is only being used for youth football and soccer, but somebody correct me if I am wrong.

I drive by Brule now and sometimes want to cry. The old pressbox looks like it is falling apart, the visitors side has various poles and such still sticking out of the ground. The concrete bleachers are overgrown when it is not being used. I think if I suddenly hit powerball, I would put a couple mil into a huge facelift, restoring it to it's old glory while making it an attractive venue for JH/sub varsity sports and soccer, not to mention the possibility of Navasota having two playoff games in town at once.:eek:

Move The Chains
09-29-2009, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
U think???:confused: It's been a while since I've been in JH.

:D

And, I haven't watched a JH game in 4 years in West Columbia. Pretty sure they use the old JH field as parking for the HS stadium and the JH kids play at the HS.

I wouldn't bet my life on it, but I'm pretty sure that's how it goes.

HEMOTOXIC
09-29-2009, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
The original plan was for Navasota junior high to use old Brule Stadium which saw it's last varsity game in 2006. It seated about 2000 before they dismantled the visitor stands. Only the home concrete bleachers built into the earthen slope remain, and I think it is only being used for youth football and soccer, but somebody correct me if I am wrong.

I drive by Brule now and sometimes want to cry. The old pressbox looks like it is falling apart, the visitors side has various poles and such still sticking out of the ground. The concrete bleachers are overgrown when it is not being used. I think if I suddenly hit powerball, I would put a couple mil into a huge facelift, restoring it to it's old glory while making it an attractive venue for JH/sub varsity sports and soccer, not to mention the possibility of Navasota having two playoff games in town at once.:eek:

Sounds good to me.

tex_male
09-29-2009, 10:20 PM
Monahans JR High still has their own field and track. They only practice track there. They have their track meet at High school track. When they were rebuilding the high school track they used it.

Rabid Cougar
09-30-2009, 04:42 AM
China Spring Jr. High had their own stadium until this year. The High School installed turf on its field so now Jr. High plays there too. The Jr. Stadium was the old Cougar Field.

NastySlot
09-30-2009, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
China Spring Jr. High had their own stadium until this year. The High School installed turf on its field so now Jr. High plays there too. The Jr. Stadium was the old Cougar Field.

that old field at the old school with the ag barn close to it.........i watched a valley mills/china spring game there along time ago...when both were 2A

dawg4life
09-30-2009, 10:45 AM
Bandera Middle School does

Rabid Cougar
09-30-2009, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
that old field at the old school with the ag barn close to it.........i watched a valley mills/china spring game there along time ago...when both were 2A

Yep that is the one. Ag barn righ behind the scoreboard. The stands were taken out of a wrestling arena in downtown Waco. They are gone for good now.

LH Panther Mom
09-30-2009, 09:34 PM
Llano used to but the last time one of my kids played on it was around '98 or maybe '99. It wasn't exactly a "stadium", though.

GrTigers6
09-30-2009, 09:37 PM
China Spring Jr. High had their own stadium until this year. The High School installed turf on its field so now Jr. High plays there too. The Jr. Stadium was the old Cougar Field. I didn't know yall got turf. My son will be happy. thats one less grass field he has to play on this year. :)

Rabid Cougar
10-01-2009, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
I didn't know yall got turf. My son will be happy. thats one less grass field he has to play on this year. :)

Yes LOTS of Cougar Blue to offset all that Tiger Red at Glen Rose Stadium

Twirling Time
10-01-2009, 04:34 AM
Sanger's old stadium is still up. You can see it on the east side of I-35. I assume it's still used for some things since it's next to the old high school which is now the middle school.

Celina doesn't have a junior high stadium per se (yet), but a lot of subvarsity teams go play "inside the track". That's back behind the junior high and middle school.

GrTigers6
10-01-2009, 06:16 AM
Yes LOTS of Cougar Blue to offset all that Tiger Red at Glen Rose Stadium Thats cool, I cant wait to see it.

wtman
10-01-2009, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Llano used to but the last time one of my kids played on it was around '98 or maybe '99. It wasn't exactly a "stadium", though.

You haven't experienced a football game until you have attended one at Llano's "Dauber Dome" LOL. Still have granite rock and concrete 'bleachers' with a lovely view of the bus barn and the cemetery in the backdrop...

BwdLions
10-01-2009, 09:21 AM
The old Lions Stadium where our sub-varsity teams used to play was torn down back in the late 80s or early 90s. Back in those days, even the JV didn't play at what was then called Cen Tex Stadium (now Gordon Wood Stadium).

carter08
10-19-2009, 06:29 PM
I miss the old WCJH field.

Used to be the HS field I think way back in the day, the original Griggs Field. the stands were pretty much falling down and there were holes in the roof of the concession stand.

Sweeny JH field is a nice on, except they only have stands on one side of it.

gatordaze
10-19-2009, 06:50 PM
The real question is what Junior High has their own indoor facility? Prosper does!