PDA

View Full Version : Wylie Boy does good

ivchris
09-29-2009, 07:59 PM
Wylie boy does good.

Case Keenum (http://collegefootball.rivals.com/viewCFSE.asp?selposition=4)

garciap77
09-29-2009, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by ivchris
Wylie boy does good.

Case Keenum (http://collegefootball.rivals.com/viewCFSE.asp?selposition=4)

:clap: :clap: :clap:
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Image_9.jpg

zebrablue2
09-29-2009, 08:40 PM
I love watching this kid on the field. great attitude. I wish like heck he could be in-and or win the H-trophy!! best of luck to him the rest of the way....

ivchris
09-29-2009, 09:46 PM
My son and he graduated together in 2005. Case is a winner, no doubt about it. The State game at Baylor vs Cuero; this guy made a run near the end of the game that was right up there with the drive against Texas Tech. If he's breathing and on the field, he's thinking of a way to win. He will be in the NFL.

Old Green
09-29-2009, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by ivchris
My son and he graduated together in 2005. Case is a winner, no doubt about it. The State game at Baylor vs Cuero; this guy made a run near the end of the game that was right up there with the drive against Texas Tech. If he's breathing and on the field, he's thinking of a way to win. He will be in the NFL. Been a fan of Case since that game. He plays with a lot of heart and determination.

Case Keenum for HEISMAN !!!!

garciap77
09-30-2009, 07:50 AM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Image_01245.jpg
Houston QB Case Keenum has launched himself into the Heisman discussion with the Cougars unbeaten and ranked 12th.
ASSOCIATED PRESS

Road trip begins for No. 12 Houston
■ El Paso is first stop of 3-game jaunt for surprising Cougars

KRISTIE RIEKEN
Associated Press
HOUSTON — After taking care of Texas Tech in front of a record home crowd, No. 12 Houston faces a new challenge.
The undefeated Cougars begin a stretch of three straight road games, beginning with a Conference USA matchup at UTEP this Saturday.
If that sounds bad, consider last season’s schedule: The Cougars played four consecutive games away from Houston in 2008 after a home game against Air Force was moved to Dallas with Hurricane Ike ap_proaching the Texas coast.
“It’s hard, especially after coming off a crowd like that,” receiver Tyron Carrier said. “ But last year during the hurricane we weren’t at home for a while, so I guess we’re kind of used to that. That kind of prepared us for this tough time on the road.”
Houston faces Mississippi State and Tulane in the coming weeks before the next home game against SMU on Oct. 24.
Coach Kevin Sumlin isn’t wor_ried about the schedule and insists the opponent and game location don’t matter as long as his team im_proves each week. He and his staff have pushed the notion of “creating your own energy” to offset a hostile road environment.
“ That’s making big plays, that’s people cheering on the sidelines for you even when you don’t make good plays, just keeping you in the game,” said defensive tackle David Hunter, who forced two fumbles against Tech. “That just really helps every_thing out.”
Their first road test is against a UTEP team with one win that is coming off a 64-7 defeat at No. 2 Texas. Despite the Miners’ recent struggles, Sumlin knows better than to take any team coached by Mike Price lightly.
“Last year they were 0-3 and then the first league game was Central Florida and they beat them 58-13,” Sumlin said. “So who knows what’s going to happen. They’re tough at home. It’s their homecoming. It’s the first league game.”
The Cougars also haven’t forgot_ten what happened last year when they had to rally from a 12-point fourth quarter deficit against UTEP to get a 42-37 win at home.
“That’s enough to get our attention this week for this game,” Sumlin said.
Quarterback Case Keenum isn’t sure how tough this road stretch will be, but is looking forward to travel_ing to El Paso.
“ We know that UTEP is a chal_lenging place to play,” he said. “ It will be a lot of fun. I really like their stadium, it’s one of my favorite sta_diums I’ve ever played at.”
Keenum’s early season play has him right in the middle of the Heisman Trophy discussion, along with Florida’s Tim Tebow and Colt McCoy of Texas. Those who were already impressed with the junior took notice of the 95-yard touch_down drive he engineered to get the victory over Tech.
The mild-mannered Keenum isn’t fond of talking about down-the-road possibilities such as the Heisman. When asked about it Tuesday, he talked about keeping to his routine, homework and a test that was wait_ing for him on Monday morning.
When pressed about the award, he finally relented.
“It’s still an honor to be mentioned in the same sentence as those guys and have all the analysts talk about you, but it is still early in the season and we will see what happens at the end of the year,” he said.

OldBison75
09-30-2009, 09:20 AM
This young man came into a really big game, on National television, and put in an outstanding performance. I was very impressed with his poise and leadership, he just looked confident all the time. I had never seen him play before this game, but I loved what I saw and he willed his team to win. He reminds me of Major Applewhite when he was at Texas, he isn't flashy, not the biggest guy around, and may not have the true dropback passer style, but he knows how to get the best out of his talent and plays within that talent. If Houston continues to play the way they have so far, Keenum should be a finalist for the Heisman at least.

LE Dad
09-30-2009, 09:34 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

:D

STANG RED
09-30-2009, 10:53 AM
Even if UH goes undefeated, I'm afraid the level of competition played against will keep Keenum from winning the Heisman this season, unless a couple of the frontrunners really faulter. But if they can get into a major bowl, and he can perform his magic against a top teir opponent, with an impressive showing, I think he sets himself up for a good chance of winning next year, if he can perform at that same level again.
Will UH have any more nationally televised games this season?

WylieBulldog92
09-30-2009, 02:08 PM
Is there still a link of the call on Case Keenum's run against Gainesville awhile back?