PDA

View Full Version : Navasota OLine

SHSBulldog00
09-29-2009, 07:34 PM
I saw on T.V. how big the Rattler's left side of the line are and they were being recruited by 35 D1 school's combined.

My question is how quick are they? Can they move well for their size?

OldBison75
09-29-2009, 07:39 PM
To give you an idea, two of the three are outstanding post men in basketball also. Both have quick feet and move the field very well. Both were on all district teams in basketball and one is also being considered for a scholarship in that sport. By the way, the Rattler basketball team runs the floor for the entire game and seldom plays half of a shot clock.

navscanmaster
09-29-2009, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
To give you an idea, two of the three are outstanding post men in basketball also. Both have quick feet and move the field very well. Both were on all district teams in basketball and one is also being considered for a scholarship in that sport. By the way, the Rattler basketball team runs the floor for the entire game and seldom plays half of a shot clock.

What he said. I would like to note that it appears from the last two games that Aleon Calhoun is starting to let his intensity level match his ability and potential. That is good news for Rattler fans.

1st and goal
09-29-2009, 09:25 PM
Yes, I saw them too. They are huge. Wish they'd consider that big school just north about 20 minutes. They could go home at halftime and get some of mama's home cooking!;)

Move The Chains
09-29-2009, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
Yes, I saw them too. They are huge. Wish they'd consider that big school just north about 20 minutes. They could go home at halftime and get some of mama's home cooking!;) :clap:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-29-2009, 10:27 PM

There is no shot clock in high school basketball.

j_dog
09-29-2009, 11:19 PM
It was scary enough reading about the Navasota QB. Now this.

hey, is Navasota going Div 1 or 2?? :eek:

OldBison75
09-30-2009, 09:00 AM
BBDE, I was implying that the Rattler BB team is more of a run and gun team and everything is fast paced. They very seldom pass more than three times before shooting and it is a motion offense all the time.

For Jdog, Navasota is the third largest enrollment in district 24, if Taylor or Bryan Rudder can find a way into the platoffs, Navasota would go Division 2. Either of those teams have the athletes to make the playoffs, but they have to beat some pretty good teams in Rockdale, Caldwell, and Cameron to make it.

Old Tiger
09-30-2009, 11:59 AM
Navasota O vs Rockdale D should be great in a couple of weeks!

j_dog
09-30-2009, 04:09 PM
......For Jdog, Navasota is the third largest enrollment in district 24, if Taylor or Bryan Rudder can find a way into the platoffs, Navasota would go Division 2. Either of those teams have the athletes to make the playoffs, but they have to beat some pretty good teams in Rockdale, Caldwell, and Cameron to make it.
You have a tough district! Thanks for the explanation.