PDA

View Full Version : Sweeny????????

SHSBulldog00
09-29-2009, 07:17 PM
Why is Sweeny so bad?

My opinionated answer:

There is no discipline and no trust between the players and the coaching staff. Seniors get to play instead of an underclassman that is just as good if not better. Players that have never started get to play over those that have becausethey are relatives of the coaching staff or people affiliated with the school.

I know this happens all the time!

Sweeny is 2-2. Their first win was against a winless 2A. Their second win was against a winless 4A. Sweeny's two losses were against a decent 4A and another 4A that is pathetic (0-4) before Sweeny.

Reason's:

Sweeny had two defensive starters ejected last week from their latest loss. Neither of them has or will be punished. They will start again Friday. One of the replacements was a 5"11 155 pound DT (Senior). Sweeny has plenty of big kids that stand the whole game on the sideline.

Coaches grade each player on how they played the previous week. One offensive lineman has not passed all season long. Hmm?

Player A (Starter)

JR OT 6'4 265 was a backup last year as a SOPH and never played. He was Player B's backup in 7th, 8th and 9th.

Player B (Backup)

JR OT 6'5 270 was a starter on J.V. last year. He was the starter on an undefeated 7th, 8th and 9th grade team. He is currently being recruited by 2 Big 12 school's and a CUSA team that just beat Texas Tech. He has played a total of 2 minutes all season. Sweeny was down 33-0 and the starter in front told him to go in not the coach.

When asked why he doesn't play, the response from the coaches is that he has a Senior in front of him.

SHSBulldog00
09-29-2009, 07:28 PM
I feel better now!

Move The Chains
09-29-2009, 08:06 PM
Happens all the time. Sorry man. :(

Antec
09-29-2009, 08:06 PM
I've know coach Zajicek for years- Even through his first go round at Sweeny.

I can't imagine him having any flaws as coach and AD. We've always worked well together.

This is a new season starting next Friday- All teams are 0-0.

I still believer the Bulldogs are a playoff contender just as much as Stafford, Columbia, Royal and Wharton.

This race will come down to the last Friday of the season when the Bulldogs visit the Tigers.

raider red 2000
09-29-2009, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Antec
I've know coach Zajicek for years- Even through his first go round at Sweeny.

I can't imagine him having any flaws as coach and AD. We've always worked well together.

This is a new season starting next Friday- All teams are 0-0.

I still believer the Bulldogs are a playoff contender just as much as Stafford, Columbia, Royal and Wharton.

This race will come down to the last Friday of the season when the Bulldogs visit the Tigers.

LOL you forgot needville...poor jays :)

OBTW- i would trust zajicek's decisions....i bet he has won more games than SHSbulldog00 has ever seen.

Antec
09-29-2009, 08:16 PM
I'm considering them as the District Champion

SHSBulldog00
09-29-2009, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
LOL you forgot needville...poor jays :)

OBTW- i would trust zajicek's decisions....i bet he has won more games than SHSbulldog00 has ever seen.

I'm not going to get in an argument with you; so I will be quiet. But I have seen AT LEAST 10 games for the last 30 years.

SweenyBulldog
09-30-2009, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
Why is Sweeny so bad?

My opinionated answer:

There is no discipline and no trust between the players and the coaching staff. Seniors get to play instead of an underclassman that is just as good if not better. Players that have never started get to play over those that have becausethey are relatives of the coaching staff or people affiliated with the school.

I know this happens all the time!

Sweeny is 2-2. Their first win was against a winless 2A. Their second win was against a winless 4A. Sweeny's two losses were against a decent 4A and another 4A that is pathetic (0-4) before Sweeny.

Reason's:

Sweeny had two defensive starters ejected last week from their latest loss. Neither of them has or will be punished. They will start again Friday. One of the replacements was a 5"11 155 pound DT (Senior). Sweeny has plenty of big kids that stand the whole game on the sideline.

Coaches grade each player on how they played the previous week. One offensive lineman has not passed all season long. Hmm?

Player A (Starter)

JR OT 6'4 265 was a backup last year as a SOPH and never played. He was Player B's backup in 7th, 8th and 9th.

Player B (Backup)

JR OT 6'5 270 was a starter on J.V. last year. He was the starter on an undefeated 7th, 8th and 9th grade team. He is currently being recruited by 2 Big 12 school's and a CUSA team that just beat Texas Tech. He has played a total of 2 minutes all season. Sweeny was down 33-0 and the starter in front told him to go in not the coach.

When asked why he doesn't play, the response from the coaches is that he has a Senior in front of him. Personally I think Sweeny has no line.....Now the two defensive players getting ejected shows the no discipline.

onsideanytime
09-30-2009, 09:06 AM
way to go sweeny, keep up the good work

Johnnypaycheck
09-30-2009, 09:42 AM
It's interesting how much the sweeny coaching staff has forgotton in the past year. They were district champions last season and have now forgotten how to coach football.

Can't make chicken salad out of chicken poop, no matter how much mayo you put in it.

bulldog25
09-30-2009, 10:04 AM
ok, as of the two lineman getting eject, both were started by the other team... i know it always seems that the second person gets caught and thats the case here, i know the first DT to get ejected and from what i hear from him and the other players that were out there is that he was kneed in the stomach by an offensive player so and his first reaction was to knock him off of him and thats what happen but i do not know much about the other DT

pancho villa
09-30-2009, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by bulldog25
ok, as of the two lineman getting eject, both were started by the other team... i know it always seems that the second person gets caught and thats the case here, i know the first DT to get ejected and from what i hear from him and the other players that were out there is that he was kneed in the stomach by an offensive player so and his first reaction was to knock him off of him and thats what happen but i do not know much about the other DT

That is clear as mud.

Dogs_21
09-30-2009, 10:10 AM
Besides the O-line being not to good there is too many politics involved in sweeny isd..

bulldog25
09-30-2009, 10:29 AM
i agree with that dogs_21........

SweenyBulldog
09-30-2009, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Dogs_21
Besides the O-line being not to good there is too many politics involved in sweeny isd..

I def. agree with this statement

Move The Chains
09-30-2009, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by bulldog25
ok, as of the two lineman getting eject, both were started by the other team... i know it always seems that the second person gets caught and thats the case here, i know the first DT to get ejected and from what i hear from him and the other players that were out there is that he was kneed in the stomach by an offensive player so and his first reaction was to knock him off of him and thats what happen but i do not know much about the other DT LMAO. Be proud Sweeny. This is your product. :clap:

Uncle Buck
09-30-2009, 11:12 PM
SHS Bulldog 00

Come on.....Dawg....really

Its a Jelly!!!!!!

Lets focus on what we know.....onthang

A: Never pick up chicks at Stewarts in Sweeny or Brazoria.

B: La Chupracabra is real and living out at septic lakes.

C: Stay clear of the Chorizo at Taco Loco.......Muy Boocoo bad..

D: Wildpeach and Shady acres do resemble one another

E: If it looks like it.......and smells like it.....you do not want to taste it .........its poop.

Listen Sweeny is getting better every week THey will be fine.
They are not "SO BAD"

As far as the rest, do not mention the kids on here unless you have something positive to say. I am sure both those young men work very hard. I am also sure that the coach with 30 years of experience probably knows better than you who needs to start.

Coaches do want to win.........Dont they?

Peace unto you 00BD:

Johnnypaycheck
10-01-2009, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by Dogs_21

It's Obama's fault!

pancho villa
10-01-2009, 07:15 AM
The rats goin to be runnin on the other side of the Bernard next.

scrub c
10-01-2009, 12:27 PM
Playing Houston Christian gonna make everything better in the land o baby blue...
Sw 41
HC 0

SHSBulldog00
10-01-2009, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Uncle Buck
SHS Bulldog 00

Come on.....Dawg....really

Its a Jelly!!!!!!

Lets focus on what we know.....onthang

A: Never pick up chicks at Stewarts in Sweeny or Brazoria.

B: La Chupracabra is real and living out at septic lakes.

C: Stay clear of the Chorizo at Taco Loco.......Muy Boocoo bad..

D: Wildpeach and Shady acres do resemble one another

E: If it looks like it.......and smells like it.....you do not want to taste it .........its poop.

Listen Sweeny is getting better every week THey will be fine.
They are not "SO BAD"

As far as the rest, do not mention the kids on here unless you have something positive to say. I am sure both those young men work very hard. I am also sure that the coach with 30 years of experience probably knows better than you who needs to start.

Coaches do want to win.........Dont they?

Peace unto you 00BD:

I'm not the only fan that feel's that way.....they need to let several other kids get the opportunity to play on Friday night's.

Blackcat1954
10-01-2009, 01:36 PM
Sweeny set for homecoming
By Joel Luna
The Facts

Published October 1, 2009
SWEENY — As the nondistrict season winds down for Class 3A teams, there isn’t anything better than a win for the Sweeny Bulldogs this week before they open District 26-3A play.

The Bulldogs are coming off a tough 14-7 loss to Bay City and now want to get pointed in the right direction against the Houston Christian Mustangs as Sweeny celebrates homecoming 7:30 p.m. Friday at Bulldog Stadium.

“They have a good all-around ball club,” Sweeny Bulldog coach Tommy Zajicek said of Houston Christian. “They have a good running back, quarterback and good defensive end in Sean Bell (6-2, 195). They rotate two quarterbacks and they are coached by Mike Johnston, where you won’t see a lot of fancy things from his teams and they play good sound technique. They are a 60-40 run then pass type of team.”

The Mustangs enter Bulldog Stadium at 4-1, while Sweeny is at 2-2 and trying to finish above .500 in nondistrict action.

“I’d like to see more consistency out of our players on both sides of the ball because that has been our Achilles heel for four quarters,” Zajicek said. “That is what has contributed to both of our losses. And generally, I’d like to see continued improvement.”

At the beginning of the season, Tré Lemon and Mitch Ferrell were going to rotate at quarterback but Lemon (41-for-24 passing, 276 yards, one touchdown, three interceptions) has cemented his spot in the position.

“Right now, (Lemon) will start because he’s given our team a good spark,” Zajicek said.

A point guard on the basketball court, Lemon is helping direct one of the better runners in the Houston area in senior Jamell Woodard (87 carries, 556 yards, 6.39 average, eight touchdowns).

But the Bulldog offense is gaining only 260 yards a game.

“Consistency is what we need to fix on offense because we’ve had drives but have missed those opportunities to score,” Zajicek said. “I thought the offense would be ahead of the defense, but our offensive line has to jell because we only had one starter returning this year (Burr Meador).”

Defensively, the Bulldogs are holding opponents to 229.5 yards a contest.

“I would have thought that by starting so many new people on defense that it could have taken longer for them to jell,” Zajicek said. “But we did have three returning in the secondary and it was a shame to see them play so well last week and lose.”

The Mustangs come into Bulldog Stadium averaging 329.5 yards a game.

The quarterback rotation features Garrett Nondorf (31-for-63, 467 yards, two touchdowns, one interception) and Sam Voncannon (10-for-19, 167 yards, one touchdown, one interception).

On the ground. Houston Christian depends on John Haier (67 carries, 440 yards, eight touchdowns). George Kahlaf (12 catches, 163 yards) leads all Mustang wideouts.

The Mustang defense has nine interceptions, led by Dale Wallace’s three picks.

Houston Christian has outscored their opponents 137-56 and its only loss was against St. John’s, 23-20.

“We need to finish drives and get points along with eliminating some of those turnovers,” Zajicek said. “We also need to continue to play hard on defense and finish.”

pirate4state
10-01-2009, 01:48 PM
:eek: :eek: oh my goooodness...this reads like a :weeping: parent. Sorry, that's just MY opinion!

Go talk to the coach in person and voice your concerns to him face to face! If you already have ... kudos to you!

carter08
10-02-2009, 10:49 AM
i hope the weenies win some more games. i hope they lose 44-0 to wc, but overall i think they should win.

blah blah blah, we all know "hoping" and "should's" don't really matter though.

go weenies!

SweenyBulldog
10-02-2009, 02:10 PM
Well I'm going to the game tonight...Goodluck Sweeny