PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Aggie, MLB star Knoblauch arrested for assault

Maroon87
09-29-2009, 03:01 PM
Former New York Yankees star Chuck Knoblauch surrendered to authorities this morning after being charged with assault.

The former major leaguer is accused of choking his common-law wife Friday night after drinking heavily and taking the anti-anxiety prescription drug Xanax, prosecutors said.

Assistant District Attorney Kari Allen told State District Judge Hazel Jones that the couple was arguing and Knoblauch's wife was trying to take his car keys away from him when the alleged assault occurred. She said a family friend saw Knoblauch beat, punch and choke his wife.

The two are divorcing and have a 5-year-old child.

Knoblauch, 41, was charged with assault of a family member, a third-degree felony. He is being held in Harris County Jail in lieu of $10,000 bail.

Knoblauch's attorney, Dan Cogdell, called the incident a dispute between two divorcing people and said charges should not have been filed.

Knoblauch, a Houston native, was the 1991 American League Rookie of the Year with the Minnesota Twins. He was traded to the Yankees after the 1997 season before finishing his career with the Kansas City Royals. He retired in 2003.

LE Dad
09-29-2009, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Former New York Yankees star Chuck Knoblauch surrendered to authorities this morning after being charged with assault.

The former major leaguer is accused of choking his common-law wife Friday night after drinking heavily and taking the anti-anxiety prescription drug Xanax, prosecutors said.

Assistant District Attorney Kari Allen told State District Judge Hazel Jones that the couple was arguing and Knoblauch's wife was trying to take his car keys away from him when the alleged assault occurred. She said a family friend saw Knoblauch beat, punch and choke his wife.

Knoblauch's attorney, Dan Cogdell, called the incident a dispute between two divorcing people and said charges should not have been filed.
Who is the bigger idiot?? Knoblauch for actually doing it or his attorney for making such an idiotic statement?? :doh: :doh:

I say the attorney. I hope every female client he has drops him. Ridiculous!!:foul:

It takes a sorry man to hit a woman, but it takes a pathetic excuse for a man to make excuses for him. :mad:

Buckeye1980
09-29-2009, 03:50 PM
There must have been a previous conviction because first arrest for AFV is a Class A misdemeanor unless there is previous conviction then can be enhanced to 3rd degree felony....all in all a sad situation! Unless a weapon was used than it would be aggravated assault FV which could be a first degree felony punishable by up to 99 years

Buckeye1980
10-01-2009, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Buckeye1980
There must have been a previous conviction because first arrest for AFV is a Class A misdemeanor unless there is previous conviction then can be enhanced to 3rd degree felony....all in all a sad situation! Unless a weapon was used than it would be aggravated assault FV which could be a first degree felony punishable by up to 99 years

I satand corrected by myself, as many of you may know , I have been away from work for a while so I was not aware that as of 9-1-2009 a person can be charged with 3rd degree felony on first offense if offense included stangulation or blockage of airway. This may be the case in this situation