PDA

View Full Version : 1963 Movie Twilight of Honor on TCM Tomorrow Night (9-30-09) at 9 P.M.

Phil C
09-29-2009, 11:59 AM
I haven't seen it so I will have to base my information on what others have said or written. It is a great courtroom drama movie and was influenced by the James Stewart movie Anatomy of a Murder made in 1959. It is a good movie with a great cast and everyone is outstanding.
Richard Chamberland plays the defense attorney hired to defend the accused murderer. He was famous in the tv series Dr. Kildare.
Nick Adams plays the accused murderer and his performance is outstanding and the best and earned him an oscar nomination as best supporting actor. Only a great performance by Mervin Douglas in Hud as Paul Newman's father kept him from winning it probably.
Claude Rains plays a retired defense attorney Art Harper who aids Chamberlain in his case. His performance is also great.
Joan Blackman an underated actress plays Art's daughter that loves Chamberlain and supports him.
Joey Heatherton plays the accused's wife. She was later married to Lance Rentzel who was a WR in pro football and who got into trouble when Dallas made their first super bowl run and may have cost them the game by getting kicked out of football the rest of the year.
Pat Buttram plays the popular victim. He got critical acclaim but he was usually a comical character such as Mr. Haney in tv series Green Acres, Hee Haw, and Gene Autry's side kick in Gene's tv series.
Jeanett Nolan plays the Victim's wife and her performance is outstanding and underrated at the time.
Edgar Stehi plays the judge and he was a great character actor in many movies and tv series. He was the retired judge in the Audie Murphy western No Name on the Bullet.
James Gregory is also good as the special prosecuter.

I am not going to miss this one. As I said I haven't seen it and this summary is based on other's opinion. Hope you enjoy it.
It isn't on tv very often.

Phil C
09-29-2009, 02:32 PM
Another point of interest is that the movie setting is in New Mexico.

PhiI C
09-30-2009, 10:59 PM
It was a very good movie.