PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think is over rated?

Move The Chains
09-29-2009, 10:32 AM
Post who you think is the most over rated team in the 3A.

My choice: Bellville. I think they are maybe top 15 at best. Closer to 20 in my opinion.

Not getting enough love IMO--- LaGrange

just a thought. I guess We'll see when those 2 go at it.

Old Tiger
09-29-2009, 10:36 AM
Graham maybe?

Daddy D 11
09-29-2009, 10:40 AM
Navasota.

Move The Chains
09-29-2009, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Navasota. Although I don't think they are top 5 material like the polls show.... I do think they are pretty dang good. I watched em beat Bellville by 14. Partly why I think Bellville is overrated. Navasota is good, but I honestly don't think they are as good as they were in 08. In 2008 though, they were a top 5 team. No doubt about it.

some of the Navasota guys think this is their year. I disagree, although they have the potential to go deep. I just don't think they are SC material this year.

trojan37
09-29-2009, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Graham maybe?

I agree.

pancho villa
09-29-2009, 10:57 AM
Lamesa
Carrizo Springs
Progreso
Rains
Tarkington
Falfurrias
D.H.- Jarvis
Anthony
Fabens
Tornillo
Ingram Moore

hollywood
09-29-2009, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by trojan37
I agree.
Me too! Graham will have to prove themselves in district play.

Gators17
09-29-2009, 11:26 AM
Bellville.

HEMOTOXIC
09-29-2009, 11:41 AM
Good question. But, who knows. I doubt that anyone has seen all teams of 3A play to make such a comparison or have seen any at all. Are some of you going on what you have heard or actually seen? Was it a bad game for that team or did they just didn't show you enough offense. Maybe their defense gave up too many points that week. Who knows. Yes, it is easy to form an opinion about a team after watching one game, but, IMO that doesnt tell you much. Case and point. After Navasota was Donkey Stomped by Liberty Hill 3 years ago, it would have been easy to say that Navasota was indeed over rated. Or, was it that Liberty Hill was simply that good? Or after Liberty Hill lost their first game to Giddings, beats Manor, then everyone had them picked to beat Brownwood. It didn't happen. Where we simply picking Liberty Hill based on their tradition or is/was Liberty Hill over rated? I wasnt there and simply dont care who is "over rated" at this point. It only matters who brings home the trophy. After all, that is all what everyone will remember.

Mexia beats China Spring then loses to West. Is Mexia over rated? Is Celina over rated? Is Brownwood over rated after losing to a good program like Stephenville? What about Giddings who barely beat out a La Vernia team at home that Cuero crushed? Oh, my favorite, Carthage, who only beats Henderson 14-13 after Navasota beats them 47-0.

LE Dad
09-29-2009, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
It only matters who brings home the trophy. After all, that is all what everyone will remember.
You said it all right there!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

:cool:

Move The Chains
09-29-2009, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Good question. But, who knows. I doubt that anyone has seen all teams of 3A play to make such a comparison or have seen any at all. Are some of you going on what you have heard or actually seen? Was it a bad game for that team or did they just didn't show you enough offense. Maybe their defense gave up too many points that week. Who knows. Yes, it is easy to form an opinion about a team after watching one game, but, IMO that doesnt tell you much. Case and point. After Navasota was Donkey Stomped by Liberty Hill 3 years ago, it would have been easy to say that Navasota was indeed over rated. Or, was it that Liberty Hill was simply that good? Or after Liberty Hill lost their first game to Giddings, beats Manor, then everyone had them picked to beat Brownwood. It didn't happen. Where we simply picking Liberty Hill based on their tradition or is/was Liberty Hill over rated? I wasnt there and simply dont care who is "over rated" at this point. It only matters who brings home the trophy. After all, that is all what everyone will remember.

Mexia beats China Spring then loses to West. Is Mexia over rated? Is Celina over rated? Is Brownwood over rated after losing to a good program like Stephenville? What about Giddings who barely beat out a La Vernia team at home that Cuero crushed? Oh, my favorite, Carthage, who only beats Henderson 14-13 after Navasota beats them 47-0. Just fun to talk about. That's all.

I have my opinions based on stats and what I've seen.

I think Carthage is overrated, but they are the defending champs and undefeated. Who am I to say they shouldn't be ranked as high? :thinking:

Things like that, and I picked Brownwodd to beat LH. :cool:

OldBison75
09-29-2009, 12:16 PM
I think that right now the only two teams in the state that can be solidly rated in the top are Gilmer and Abilene Wylie. Everybody else is still too unknown. If you rate on potiential behind those two, several teams including Giddings, Navasota, Carthage, Prosper, and a few others have the type teams that can beat anybody on any given night. Does that make them over rated--not in my opinion.

As for Navasota, they are a better and more balanced team this year. They don't have to depend on Pratt, Stokes, or Jackson to carry the team each week. Hildreth has put up so gaudy stats so far, but Burrell and Jones have averaged about 10 yards per carry
and are very good backs with two distinctively different styles. There are at least 5 receivers that can catch the ball effectively and all run good clean routes. The offensive line is one of the best you'll see. Defensively the Rattlers are much better than last year. Remember that this is a spread tem that can be explosive and has not had to be so far this year. They can, and have depended on the running game to eat up yards and the clock and still score points. I think the multi-dimensional offense that we have seen this year is what makes Navasota better. No one has seen the passing attack in full use yet, although it was used pretty well against Henderson when the stats were 10-12-0 for 221 yards and four touchdowns.

Gobbla2001
09-29-2009, 12:18 PM
gunna say navasota is NOT overrated...

HEMOTOXIC
09-29-2009, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
Just fun to talk about. That's all.

I have my opinions based on stats and what I've seen.

I think Carthage is overrated, but they are the defending champs and undefeated. Who am I to say they shouldn't be ranked as high? :thinking:

Things like that, and I picked Brownwodd to beat LH. :cool:

Hey, I didnt mean to sound negative or seem as if I were referring to one person. We all have opinions and a voice. That is what I love about 3Adownlow.

You have probably seen more teams play this year that I have. So, you have a better grasp of what teams are fielding. :D

Footballhudini
09-29-2009, 12:20 PM
brownwood

Move The Chains
09-29-2009, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
I think that right now the only two teams in the state that can be solidly rated in the top are Gilmer and Abilene Wylie. Everybody else is still too unknown. If you rate on potiential behind those two, several teams including Giddings, Navasota, Carthage, Prosper, and a few others have the type teams that can beat anybody on any given night. Does that make them over rated--not in my opinion.

As for Navasota, they are a better and more balanced team this year. They don't have to depend on Pratt, Stokes, or Jackson to carry the team each week. Hildreth has put up so gaudy stats so far, but Burrell and Jones have averaged about 10 yards per carry
and are very good backs with two distinctively different styles. There are at least 5 receivers that can catch the ball effectively and all run good clean routes. The offensive line is one of the best you'll see. Defensively the Rattlers are much better than last year. Remember that this is a spread tem that can be explosive and has not had to be so far this year. They can, and have depended on the running game to eat up yards and the clock and still score points. I think the multi-dimensional offense that we have seen this year is what makes Navasota better. No one has seen the passing attack in full use yet, although it was used pretty well against Henderson when the stats were 10-12-0 for 221 yards and four touchdowns. When I watched Navasota KILL Sealy last year 35-0..... I'd say that was one of the most dominating games over a solid opponent that I've ever seen.

Balanced attack that game and just stuffed Sealy every which way on D.

Last year's Navasota Rattlers was one of the top 5 3A teams I've ever seen... behind 08 Gilmer, 05 Wimberley, and just a few others.

It's just my opinion, but after watching you guys against Bellville, I still like the 08 squad better. My old man says the same, but I'm pulling for Navasota because I'm SO close to you guys.

And that LaVega team last year. Just Wow..... that tells me how good Prosper was. :eek: I never got to see them play in 08. :(

garciap77
09-29-2009, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Footballhudini
brownwood

:1popcorn:

Gators17
09-29-2009, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
I think that right now the only two teams in the state that can be solidly rated in the top are Gilmer and Abilene Wylie.

You could put Cuero up there too, IMO.

Move The Chains
09-29-2009, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Gators17
You could put Cuero up there too, IMO. :iagree:

No one playing better than Cuero/Gilmer/Wylie right now.

HEMOTOXIC
09-29-2009, 12:32 PM
:iagree:

No one playing better than Cuero/Gilmer/Wylie right now.

:ditto:

Gobbla2001
09-29-2009, 12:33 PM
Though Cuero has the coolest uniforms ever, I am not completely sold on this team yet... I'm almost there, they've gone well beyond my expectations for them so far, but we will have to see... there are a lot of good teams up top...

I will tell you, I think this year's Gobblers are playing more like a team than any other Cuero team since '03/'04 maybe...

venomous tat2
09-29-2009, 12:37 PM
Move the chains don't know enough about the Rattlers so let him think what he wants to . There's a reason why we feel this team is better than last years team and besides rankings are for the fans and wanna be's ( we could care less about rankings ,we care about getting better each week ) . Sometimes I think people
forget that these are kids playing this game not the Cowboys ,
Giant or Colts . " FIGURE IT OUT "

Gators17
09-29-2009, 12:46 PM
I'm going to go along and say this year's Navasota team is better than last year's. I was at both games and while '08 had more talent on the team, I believe this year's team is working more together and executing better. I watched them beat Bellville a couple weeks ago and I can honestly say Bellville was dominated in every aspect of the game. The kid at quarterback for the rattlers is true athlete and runs that offense very, very well.

P.S. Where did the Lemascus kid end up after high school?

Move The Chains
09-29-2009, 12:47 PM
:confused:

OldBison75
09-29-2009, 12:52 PM
Venomus tat2, if my stats are right, we have run the ball about 70 percent of the offensive plays and are only averaging about 11 pass attempts per game. I think the average total yards per game is still around 400. I also think I have noticed that there are about 18-20 players that play significant downs on offense and about the same number on defense. That speaks good for the team depth and most of the time the guys stepping in show no change in the quality of the eleven on the field.

You are right though, the rankings don't mean anything. It is the attitude and teamwork that I am most impressed with. I see everyone on the sidelines with helmets on and ready all the time and all are emotionally involved in the game. Everyone has a role in this team and everyone gives 100% to that role. If something goes wrong on a play, they get up and go to the next play with thier heads up and go forward. I for one am impressed with what I see. Every week, something new happens and a new face, or number, is making a big contribution. That is why i think there is more potiential in this team.

HEMOTOXIC
09-29-2009, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Gators17
P.S. Where did the Lemascus kid end up after high school?

Texas A&M

BwdLions
09-29-2009, 01:54 PM
footballhudini (from a standpoint of high school football knowledge and everything else in life). :kiss:

LE Dad
09-29-2009, 02:10 PM
Anyone who is putting their equipment up after WK 10 !! Cause that is all that matters is making the playoffs. Then line em up and play.:D

12thMan
09-29-2009, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Though Cuero has the coolest uniforms ever, I am not completely sold on this team yet... I'm almost there, they've gone well beyond my expectations for them so far, but we will have to see... there are a lot of good teams up top...

I will tell you, I think this year's Gobblers are playing more like a team than any other Cuero team since '03/'04 maybe...

I have to agree. They look like one solid unit playing together.

sinton66
09-29-2009, 04:48 PM
Never EVER count Cuero out until they actually are out.:hand:

navscanmaster
09-29-2009, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Navasota.

Everybody that posted after this post fell for his trap. Way to :stirpot: D11!

rockdale80
09-29-2009, 05:07 PM
Everyone in d25

Move The Chains
09-29-2009, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Everyone in d25 Good thing y'all don't have to play those region 3 rejects. I'm afraid at what would happen to Rockdale to be quite honest.

rockdale80
09-29-2009, 05:14 PM
Good thing y'all don't have to play those region 3 rejects. I'm afraid at what would happen to Rockdale to be quite honest.

Good thing I guess ;)

Add Gilmer to the list too

navscanmaster
09-29-2009, 05:19 PM
Good thing I guess ;)

Add Gilmer to the list too

Another :stirpot: proves this is a great thread for, you guessed it, :stirpot:

rockdale80
09-29-2009, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Another :stirpot: proves this is a great thread for, you guessed it, :stirpot:

And Celina.

Old Tiger
09-29-2009, 05:22 PM
The Bleeker guy from Navasota and Navscanmaster

Move The Chains
09-29-2009, 05:22 PM
And Celina. See my post in 3adl week 5 rankings. I've got them all the way down around 17 or something. They've not been too impressive this year.

navscanmaster
09-29-2009, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
The Bleeker guy from Navasota and Navscanmaster

That answers one question I have had for a while now.;)

forum_guy
09-29-2009, 07:57 PM
I would have to say Cuero

I_DONT_CARE
09-29-2009, 08:10 PM
MOVE THE CHAINS = OVERRATED :rolleyes:

Move The Chains
09-29-2009, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE
MOVE THE CHAINS = OVERRATED :rolleyes: Guess what!

garciap77
09-29-2009, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE
MOVE THE CHAINS = OVERRATED :rolleyes:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/IDontCareT-Shirt-1.jpg

LE Dad
09-29-2009, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/IDontCareT-Shirt-1.jpg It all adds up !! :D

lulu
09-29-2009, 09:08 PM
Carthage.....I know you all think different

the genious
09-29-2009, 09:41 PM
Everyone in d25

just wondering how can you sayD-25 is over-rated. they have 3 losses all year. two of them were to very good teams in needville(who is under rated IMO) and navasota who is very good

Highschoolfan78
09-29-2009, 09:53 PM
In general, CBS Morning News at 7:00..... In 3a, I think it may be a little too early to tell.

Daddy D 11
09-29-2009, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Everybody that posted after this post fell for his trap. Way to :stirpot: D11!

hahahahahahahah:devil:

SintonFan
09-29-2009, 11:52 PM
Sinton is undefeated, but do they deserve the votes from the AP Poll? I don't know...

pancho villa
09-30-2009, 08:27 AM
All teams south of San Antonio are way over rated. They don't really play football down there.