PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the loss to

Move The Chains
09-29-2009, 10:26 AM
West will help Mexia down the road?

Give them some locker room material, motivation to FINISH a game off, etc?

I think it helps them. Not many teams can run the table all the way through.

Old Tiger
09-29-2009, 10:33 AM
Honestly I think it will bring them down to earth...they could likely finish third in district.

trojan37
09-29-2009, 10:33 AM
I guarantee you they will be fired up for La Vega. I'm glad West won, it was obviously a huge win for the program, but for Mexia to be ranked as high as they were, and to give up 21 points in a little over 6 minutes, I would have hated to be at their practice yesterday.

Move The Chains
09-29-2009, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by trojan37
I guarantee you they will be fired up for La Vega. I'm glad West won, it was obviously a huge win for the program, but for Mexia to ba ranked as high as they were, and to give up 21 points in a little over 6 minutes, I would have hated to be at their practice yesterday. X 2.... and btw, i really like West's uniforms. :clap:

waterboy
09-29-2009, 10:36 AM
I definitely agree with ya that a loss CAN help a team, especially a team that is just getting used to having a lot of success. I think a loss will bring a good team down to earth, and make them better because they understand that NOBODY they play cares about rankings. Rankings, and success, also put a target on you so you will see the BEST effort the other team has to offer. It just makes a good team better because it'll make them work harder to prevent it from happening again.

trojan37
09-29-2009, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
X 2.... and btw, i really like West's uniforms. :clap:

The black on black uni's look better.

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm249/skank37/2009-2010schoolpics033.jpg

Move The Chains
09-29-2009, 10:46 AM
They both look good. :clap:

Do they have a white on white?

trojan37
09-29-2009, 10:47 AM
They both look good. :clap:

Do they have a white on white?

No they don't. I wanted that look as well, the white jerseys with white pants that said trojans on the side in black.

Move The Chains
09-29-2009, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by trojan37
No they don't. I wanted that look as well, the white jerseys with white pants that said trojans on the side in black. Oh well. Still some of the better Uni's I've seen. I like Mexia's too. Lol.

poisoned10
09-29-2009, 01:10 PM
West will help Mexia down the road?

Give them some locker room material, motivation to FINISH a game off, etc?

I think it helps them. Not many teams can run the table all the way through.

A GOOD team would use it to make themselves better. They say your true character is shown in tough times. I don't doubt that Mexia will use this loss to improve themselves, which is scary because they were already VERY GOOD before this.

When Gilmer won state in 2004, we were dominating every team that we faced. We went to Pittsburg for the regular season finale who finished 4-7. Gilmer scored a TD VERY late in the game to come from behind and win 22-18.

It seemed to knock them back down to earth and they handled their business en route to our 1st and only state championship.

Like I said, good teams will get better from it. Even though it wasn't a loss in Gilmer's case that year, it definitely let them know they weren't invinsible.

Good luck the rest of the year!

1st and goal
09-29-2009, 01:17 PM
Last year, the Giddings Buffaloes lost 3 heartbreakers (all of which they should've won :devil: ).

They ended up making it all the way to quarterfinals where they lost to the eventual state champs Carthage. (Carthage had a GREAT team.)