PDA

View Full Version : Ball Game!!!!!! Cowboys Win

Looking4number8
09-28-2009, 10:32 PM
Thank you Jake Delhome for the fumble... Cowboys go 2-1

piratebg
09-28-2009, 10:38 PM
The defense played amazing in that second half. The offense made all the right adjustments too. Penalties are still hurting the offense, but no turnovers by Romo or the offense is always a good thing. Glad to see the defense finally got a couple of sacks and a couple of turnovers tonight. Terence Newman with the pick 6 was the play of the game.

BullsFan
09-28-2009, 10:43 PM
Finally, for the first time in two and a half games, the Cowboys look like the COWBOYS. I've missed them.

piratebg
09-28-2009, 10:49 PM
Is it me or is Tashard Choice easily the most dependable of the Dallas running backs? He is a good runner, a good receiver, and he never gets hurt. He may not be as explosive as Jones or as powerful Barber, but damn it, he gets the job done.

Emerson1
09-28-2009, 10:52 PM
Fire Jason Garrett

Move The Chains
09-28-2009, 10:52 PM
Delhomme is the worst starting Qb in the NFL.

All I will ever remember was those 5 pics in the playoffs last year.

rangerjoe33
09-28-2009, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Fire Jason Garrett

I second that...listening to Wade on ESPN now...the Dunham and Miller show does a spoof with the fake JJ and fake Wade, they do a great, almost sounds exactly like him...

forum_guy
09-28-2009, 10:57 PM
any decent team would have beat dallas tonight

Maroon87
09-28-2009, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
any decent team would have beat dallas tonight

Sounds like everyone is really overreacting huh?

forum_guy
09-28-2009, 11:01 PM
im just kidding maroon it was a great win. Any win in the nfl is a good win. Playcalling was horrific and eventually romo is going to have to win a big division game.

Maroon87
09-28-2009, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
im just kidding maroon it was a great win. Any win in the nfl is a good win. Playcalling was horrific and eventually romo is going to have to win a big division game.

Well it was a win...a sloppy win but a W nontheless.:cool:

All I know is Steve Young is acting like Dallas is the worst team in the NFL on the postgame show...he hasn't said one positive thing about them. A little bit over the top in my opinion...

coach
09-28-2009, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Is it me or is Tashard Choice easily the most dependable of the Dallas running backs? He is a good runner, a good receiver, and he never gets hurt. He may not be as explosive as Jones or as powerful Barber, but damn it, he gets the job done.

i do agree with you about getting the job done but his hands arent very good...other than that hes a solid football player

Daddy D 11
09-29-2009, 12:36 AM
Fire Jason Garrett

And Wade Phillips while you're at it.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-29-2009, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
Delhomme is the worst starting Qb in the NFL.

All I will ever remember was those 5 pics in the playoffs last year.

I disagree. Campbell for Washington is horrible. Tony Romo is awful.

Daddy D 11
09-29-2009, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I disagree. Campbell for Washington is horrible. Tony Romo is awful.

Agreed. Leftwhich is/was the worst starting QB until he got benched today. Now it's either Campbell or Jamarcus Russell.

A good chunk of what's happening to Delhomme is just bad breaks. If you actually look back at alot of his INT's as of late, a handful are either freakishly bad luck or the receivers fault.

And move the chains, you're not gonna remember him leading his team to the super bowl? Just gonna remember ONE bad game huh..

STANG RED
09-29-2009, 12:51 AM
Lets face it. The Cowboys barely beat a pretty bad team. And needed a pick six to seal the deal that the offense couldnt get done. If they dont improve drastically throughout the season, they'll be lucky to be any better than 8-8. I think they can, but the offense, and play calling are going to have to get lots better, and soon.
Rushing for 8 yards per carry, but throwing 2 passes from the one yard line and failing to score is inexcusable. However the first pass was perfect and should be caught by an NFL reciever. Still a stupid call.

hookandladder
09-29-2009, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
And Wade Phillips while you're at it.

I agree on firing Wade Phillips, still like Garrett. His play calling when they were 2nd and 1 on the 1 was not very good, 2 jump ball passes. Seems like you could have ran on aleast one play.

GrTigers6
09-29-2009, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Lets face it. The Cowboys barely beat a pretty bad team. And needed a pick six to seal the deal that the offense couldnt get done. If they dont improve drastically throughout the season, they'll be lucky to be any better than 8-8. I think they can, but the offense, and play calling are going to have to get lots better, and soon.
Rushing for 8 yards per carry, but throwing 2 passes from the one yard line and failing to score is inexcusable. However the first pass was perfect and should be caught by an NFL reciever. Still a stupid call. The first call was the right call. It caught them off guard and was different then the norm of running up the middle three times and kicking. Williams just has to make the catch. Now the second call was ridiculous. As bad as when campo ran the same play on 3rd and 1 and then 4th and 1 against the eagles several years back. Also I wish people would quit saying that" Owens would have made that catch". He has led the league in dropped passes the last three years.

Txbroadcaster
09-29-2009, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
As bad as when campo ran the same play on 3rd and 1 and then 4th and 1 against the eagles several years back.

That was Switzer that did that and it was both on 4th and 1 plays that he ran the same play

GrTigers6
09-29-2009, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
That was Switzer that did that and it was both on 4th and 1 plays that he ran the same play Im talking about consecutive plays with handoffs to Emmit for no gain.

Txbroadcaster
09-29-2009, 07:45 AM
Im talking about consecutive plays with handoffs to Emmit for no gain.

That was Switzer agianst Philly their last SB year. It was 4th and 1 inside their own 40..they ran it and was stuffed but the officals said the 2 min warning hit first. So they got the down over again and Switzer said go for it again and they called the EXACT same play again and it was stuffed again

the play was called LOAD LEFT

Looking4number8
09-29-2009, 07:52 AM

And did anybody else watch his interview with ESPN after the game. The kid has a great head on his shoulders too. Very well spoken. I liked him before the interview because of his play, now I am a big fan on him. He said all the right things. Cowboys need players like this in the locker room.

STANG RED
09-29-2009, 08:49 AM
The first call was the right call.

Why get cute on 2nd and goal from the 1, against a defense you have outsized and dominated to the tune of 8 yards per carry? Makes no sense to me. Now if it were 2nd and goal from the 5+, I'd have no problem with it at all. And it gives you much more room to work, which makes it a much higher probability of success. From the 1, against a defense you have dominated with the run, its a no brainer. You run it! Twice if you have to!!!

pirate4state
09-29-2009, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Well it was a win...a sloppy win but a W nontheless.:cool:

All I know is Steve Young is acting like Dallas is the worst team in the NFL on the postgame show...he hasn't said one positive thing about them. A little bit over the top in my opinion... Steve Young is a DB. Period. End of story. He & Chris Berman are the worst and are probably BBs. Just saying.

JasperDog94
09-29-2009, 09:31 AM
Fire Jason Garrett Agreed.

Emerson1
09-29-2009, 09:51 AM
First time since 1979 the Cowboys have had consecutive 200+ yard games. Last weeks 251 was the most since 1993, I seem to recall something else big happening that year...

I have never gotten why people hate Jason Campbell, I figure it's more because ESPN says he is bad and not because they have actually seen him play other then against the Cowboys. He is 9th in the league in qb rating, ypg, yards total and has only thrown 2 interceptions. 5th in completion % and of the top 10 in passes per game, he has the 2nd highest commpletion % of those 10.

Move The Chains
09-29-2009, 09:59 AM
I have never gotten why people hate Jason Campbell, I figure it's more because ESPN says he is bad and not because they have actually seen him play other then against the Cowboys. He is 9th in the league in qb rating, ypg, yards total and has only thrown 2 interceptions. 5th in completion % and of the top 10 in passes per game, he has the 2nd highest commpletion % of those 10. Yeah.... what he said^.

And I exaggerated a bit when I said worst in the NFL..... because we have Shaun Hill (49 ers), Jamarcus Russell (Raiders), whoever is starting for TB, etc.... But he IS in the bottom 5.

And yea, the Panthers played in the Superbowl. Great. Did Dilfer lead the Raiders to a SB championship? LOL

No, he just didn't suck enough for them to not win it. Great running game + Great D + average QB = Championship.

Delhomme was average in his very best years. Now he's an INT machine.

4x100jackets
09-29-2009, 10:06 AM
Fire Jason Garrett

Please do the skins will take him right NOW !

GrTigers6
09-29-2009, 11:32 AM
Why get cute on 2nd and goal from the 1, against a defense you have outsized and dominated to the tune of 8 yards per carry? Makes no sense to me. Now if it were 2nd and goal from the 5+, I'd have no problem with it at all. And it gives you much more room to work, which makes it a much higher probability of success. From the 1, against a defense you have dominated with the run, its a no brainer. You run it! Twice if you have to!!! yeah then you run it twice and kick a field goal anyway, it could go either way. Just depends on execution which was there one minute and gone the next

GreenMachine
09-29-2009, 11:43 AM
Is it me or is Tashard Choice easily the most dependable of the Dallas running backs? He is a good runner, a good receiver, and he never gets hurt. He may not be as explosive as Jones or as powerful Barber, but damn it, he gets the job done. I agree, Jones gets hurt waaayyyyy too easy. I still like Barber though. And I think they need to fire Phillips and hire Gruden from the announcers booth.

1st and goal
09-29-2009, 09:42 PM
I'd like to see Mcgee get some snaps.

Txbroadcaster
09-29-2009, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by 1st and goal

that would be a disaster unless it is in 4th Q of a blow out

Emerson1
09-29-2009, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
He showed absolutely nothing in the pre-season. Even if there is a blowout, Kitna will get the snaps. Plus McGee is hurt and has a huge wrap on his knee during the games.

STANG RED
09-29-2009, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
I agree, Jones gets hurt waaayyyyy too easy. I still like Barber though. And I think they need to fire Phillips and hire Gruden from the announcers booth.

Gruden has way too much pride and self respect to work for Jerry Jones. As would be the case with any good ones.

SintonFan
09-30-2009, 12:03 AM
Yall forget that the Giants are playing about the best football now in the league.
The Cowboys got the W against a desperate Panther's team.
Next week they have to play much much better to beat Denver in Denver.
The optimist in me wants the Cowboys to lose to the Giants twice this season, make the playoffs and then pay them back where it counts... just like a couple of years ago.

TheDOCTORdre
09-30-2009, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan

Next week they have to play much much better to beat Denver in Denver.

nah they really dont have to play much better, Denver sucks, people keep talking about how good they are and how they're defense is rockin, only giving up like 5.3 pts/gm, but look at who they've played and how they've won, miracle catch by Stokley to beat cincinati, and then they beat cleveland who cant even figure out who their quarterback is, and then they beat the raiders, and well the raiders are the raiders, their opponents combined record thus far is 2-7.
Now I'm not saying the I dont want to see the Boys step it up a notch, but I really dont think Denver is gonna give them to much of a challenge

STANG RED
09-30-2009, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
nah they really dont have to play much better, Denver sucks, people keep talking about how good they are and how they're defense is rockin, only giving up like 5.3 pts/gm, but look at who they've played and how they've won, miracle catch by Stokley to beat cincinati, and then they beat cleveland who cant even figure out who their quarterback is, and then they beat the raiders, and well the raiders are the raiders, their opponents combined record thus far is 2-7.
Now I'm not saying the I dont want to see the Boys step it up a notch, but I really dont think Denver is gonna give them to much of a challenge

Problem is, the way Dallas has been playing, it doesnt take a real good team to give them much of a challenge. They have the tools to be much better than they are, but thats old news. At some point their going to have to start playing much better. I havent seen it yet.

TheDOCTORdre
09-30-2009, 04:30 PM
Problem is, the way Dallas has been playing, it doesnt take a real good team to give them much of a challenge. They have the tools to be much better than they are, but thats old news. At some point their going to have to start playing much better. I havent seen it yet.

oh I agree with you completely, the inability to create touchdowns in the redzone is horrendous, I just posted what I did in part because I got tired of hearing people(not on this board) talk abou how great Denver is since they got rid of Cutler and how they are off tosuch a great start and I'm like please, don't just look at 3-0, look at who they did that against. But yeah I'm with ya all the way, if the 'Boys don't start playing like everyone keeps saying they can, we are in trouble