PDA

View Full Version : What team in 24-3A will take third?

cntdwn
09-28-2009, 08:30 PM
Assuming the district pans out the way everyone seems to think it will (Navasota and Rockdale taking top two spots), what 24-3A team will finish third (and likely face WOS)?

aggiejon85
09-28-2009, 08:40 PM
the final spot will go to taylor or caldwell, im leaning towards caldwell.

Daddy D 11
09-28-2009, 08:50 PM
Saw a picture of Taylor's new uniforms the other day and boy oh boy are they HIDEOUS!

Someone needs to post a pic up here so everyone can see how bad they are.

navscanmaster
09-28-2009, 09:16 PM
Do not count Bryan Rudder out. I think if they beat Cameron, which will be tough because Rudder's weakness on D is speed, they are the third team in, sending Navasota to D2:eek:

Then again, they may have more trouble with Caldwell and their rushing attack. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

HEMOTOXIC
09-28-2009, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Do not count Bryan Rudder out. I think if they beat Cameron, which will be tough because Rudder's weakness on D is speed, they are the third team in, sending Navasota to D2:eek:

Then again, they may have more trouble with Caldwell and their rushing attack. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

WOW, I have never thought about Navasota going DII. :confused:

Dogman_1969
09-28-2009, 09:34 PM
I agree. I say Caldwell even though the Cameron\Caldwell game is in Cameron.

I think Taylor goes into a tailspin after Friday.

Go Tigers......

OldBison75
09-28-2009, 10:03 PM
At this point in the season, I am still not sure how the district will pan out. I hope Navasota and Rockdale are sure bets, but this is a pretty competitive district and nothing is for sure in my book. Rockdale, Navasota, and Caldwell all have one district win.

Rudder is alot better than most people think. Madisonville played to a tough loss to Caldwell. Cameron Yoe has enough speed and tradition to give teams fits. Taylor has the athletes if they can find the chemistry. If Navasota, Rockdale, Caldwell, and Cameron beat each other up, like is possible, then Rudder or Madisonville might just make a playoff appearance in thier second year. And yes, that would put Rudder in Division 1 and the remaining teams in Division 2.

If I had to go woth my gut, I would put Navasota, Rockdale, and Caldwell in the playoffs. However, I think that there might well be some positions decided by tiebreakers and that is not only unpredictable, but could put a real darkhorse in the mix.

87 TIGER
09-29-2009, 03:56 PM
Navasota & Rockdale will play for dist title in the snake pit. I'll put my money on Caldwell for the 3rd spot and that will put them up against WOS again.

ProudHornetMom
09-29-2009, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC

Me neither. Just when I thought I had all the "what ifs" figured out...:eek:

cntdwn
09-29-2009, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC

Navasota vs.West Orange-Stark...welcome to our world. :-)

navscanmaster
09-29-2009, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by cntdwn
Navasota vs.West Orange-Stark...welcome to our world. :-)

WOS will be the first place team in that district in all likelihood. Navasota would be the first place team in our district in that situation, once again, in all likelihood. What does that mean? They would not play each other in round 2. They would have to meet up in the Regional Championship, aka quarterfinals, round 4. What I like about the possibility of going to division II is that we could get the chance to beat the crap out of Hardin-Jefferson, who has eliminated us from the round ball playoffs 3 years in a row.:D :mad:

I_DONT_CARE
09-29-2009, 08:06 PM
NOT CALDWELL :rolleyes:

cntdwn
09-29-2009, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE
NOT CALDWELL :rolleyes:

stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiir it up

Coach BS
09-29-2009, 09:43 PM
3 way tie all with 1 loss Navasota ,Rockdale, & Caldwell. Navasota still goes D1 & Cameron sits at home again

cntdwn
09-29-2009, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Coach BS
3 way tie all with 1 loss Navasota ,Rockdale, & Caldwell. Navasota still goes D1 & Cameron sits at home again

Placing third in the district spells doom in the playoffs. It'd be nice to see Caldwell play a doormat for a change.

navscanmaster
09-30-2009, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Coach BS

I still like our chances against Milam County at Rattler Stadium. I am more worried about Caldwell next Friday. Rockdale for one may be a better team than Caldwell, but it is hard to go on the road against a running team like that. Still, I won't count against Navasota on the road, since that is where they got their 4-0 start.