PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas Stack Monster

pancho villa
09-28-2009, 02:43 PM
Do any of ya'll non-football (and I am talking to the majority of you) know anything about the best defense ever to hit prep football?

Bullaholic
09-28-2009, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa
Do any of ya'll non-football (and I am talking to the majority of you) know anything about the best defense ever to hit prep football?

What planet have you been on, pancho? EVERYBODY knows it is the Celina 10-1...:D

Tiger Turtle
09-28-2009, 06:37 PM
I know that we ran that defense back when I played ('66 - '70) and it didn't seem to work too well (probably because we had players like me trying to execute it).

rangerjoe33
09-28-2009, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Tiger Turtle
I know that we ran that defense back when I played ('66 - '70) and it didn't seem to work too well (probably because we had players like me trying to execute it).

huh, "turtle" that is not suprising :D

FrmSTx
09-28-2009, 08:42 PM
I have heard of that, Coach Wonka over in South Eastern/Coastal Texas perfected it, if I remember correctly! He used to do clinics on it back a few years ago. I also remember a stud DE he called "Big O" that made it work. We always saw holes in it to attack, but Big O was able to fill them every time!

OldBison75
09-28-2009, 10:45 PM
Yeah, it was popular in the early 70's and the offenses passed it up real quick. If you are trying to give it kudos, I would not refer to it in the same breath as Arkansas. At Arkansas it could be call the hidden linebackers run from the monsters.

GreenMonster
09-28-2009, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by FrmSTx
I have heard of that, Coach Wonka over in South Eastern/Coastal Texas perfected it, if I remember correctly! He used to do clinics on it back a few years ago. I also remember a stud DE he called "Big O" that made it work. We always saw holes in it to attack, but Big O was able to fill them every time! Don't forget about Big O's BFF Bronco. :tisk: Them boys played Defance and Ran the ball.

pancho villa
09-29-2009, 07:36 AM
About 98% of the folks on here don't know any football so I won't try to explain how the ASM works on here. But if you want to know how this defense works pm me. NON-FOOTBALL people need not try.

onsideanytime
09-29-2009, 08:16 AM
Pancho-- explain the ASM to us, there might be some people that have some more insight on it as well, i think we are going to put that defense in this week, we are open and i went up to the school yesterday and the coaches had them working this defense, looks pretty tough

pancho villa
09-29-2009, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by onsideanytime
Pancho-- explain the ASM to us, there might be some people that have some more insight on it as well, i think we are going to put that defense in this week, we are open and i went up to the school yesterday and the coaches had them working this defense, looks pretty tough

Good for ya'll you might win this week.

onsideanytime
09-29-2009, 08:25 AM
i hope yall work on blocking it

venomous tat2
09-29-2009, 08:36 AM
WE ran it back in the mid 70's @ houston Wheatley & in 74-75 we had the #1 Defense in the city vs the run & pass we ran prue man in the secondary our free had 13 int's in 75 my sr year .

raider red 2000
09-29-2009, 06:39 PM
About 98% of the folks on here don't know any football so I won't try to explain how the ASM works on here. But if you want to know how this defense works pm me. NON-FOOTBALL people need not try.

Wonka was the man.

pirate4state
09-29-2009, 08:51 PM
About 98% of the folks on here don't know any football so I won't try to explain how the ASM works on here. But if you want to know how this defense works pm me. NON-FOOTBALL people need not try. So why did you ask Mr. Wizard? :doh:

Maybe you don't want to try because you don't know how? :eek: I understand. :D

I would need pictures and stuff to understand it anyway. Could you maybe work on a pop up book?

Thanks!

Bullaholic
09-29-2009, 08:55 PM
Hey, pancho--if I do PM you about this "D" can you advise the best seed for the outfield and the best way to anchor the bases? Also, how do you get all of the rocks out of the infield? :D