PDA

View Full Version : leach bans players from twittering

DU_stud04
09-28-2009, 01:50 PM
http://cbs11tv.com/local/Texas.Tech.Twitter.2.1213185.html

Texas Tech football coach Mike Leach has banned his players from having Twitter pages.

That's after one of his linebacker's dissed Leach for showing up late to a meeting a day after the Red Raiders' 29-28 loss to No. 12 Houston.

Leach announced the ban during Monday's Big 12 Conference coaches call.

According to the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal, linebacker Marlon Williams asked on his Kos39 Twitter account Sunday evening why he was still in a meeting room when "the head coach can't even be on time." That tweet has since been deleted.

Offensive lineman Brandon Carter, whom Leach suspended indefinitely Sunday for violation of team rules, also had a page on Twitter but as of late Sunday it no longer existed.

After Saturday night's loss to the Cougars, Carter tweeted: "This is not how I saw our season."

Daddy D 11
09-28-2009, 01:52 PM
I like this call by Leach. If I was a coach I would do away with facebooks for my players too.

Way too many people look at these things now a days and it's so easy to get yourself in trouble with pictures or just what you say.
A couple years back on Myspace a couple Iowa football freshman were kicked off the team because their Myspace pages had pictures of em drinking alcohol:doh:

Ranger Mom
09-28-2009, 01:54 PM
So what exactly did Carter do to be suspended??

I have heard 2 different stories....he trashed the locker room after the game, or he called Leach out!!!

Either? both??

Ranger Mom
09-28-2009, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
I like this call by Leach. If I was a coach I would do away with facebooks for my players too.

Way too many people look at these things now a days and it's so easy to get yourself in trouble with pictures or just what you say.
A couple years back on Myspace a couple Iowa football freshman were kicked off the team because their Myspace pages had pictures of em drinking alcohol:doh:

I remember when the Sweetwater Mustangs had a "meeting" about the their respective myspaces!!

TheDOCTORdre
09-28-2009, 01:55 PM
Why was Leach late to the meeting

Daddy D 11
09-28-2009, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

I have heard 2 different stories....he trashed the locker room after the game, or he called Leach out!!!

Either? both??

I think what you heard about calling Leach out was probably concerning Marlon Williams. Carter is really good, but maybe while Leach is at it, he'll educate Brandon to the fact that he looks like an absolute fool out there on the football field with all his freak show stuff on his head and face.

halfnhalf
09-28-2009, 01:57 PM
Whoever invented twitter should be tarred and feathered then forced to do a pete rose slide through bull nettle

44INAROW
09-28-2009, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Why was Leach late to the meeting
he was having trouble getting his Facebook page to load :D :D :D

Daddy D 11
09-28-2009, 01:58 PM
I remember when the Sweetwater Mustangs had a "meeting" about the their respective myspaces!!

You're just asking to get in trouble I think.
I don't have one because of jobs and internships I'm applying for, scholarships, and when I was playing ball in College because of my coaches haha

Why would anyone wany EVERYONE to always know what they're doing?:thinking:

Daddy D 11
09-28-2009, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by halfnhalf
Whoever invented twitter should be tarred and feathered then forced to do a pete rose slide through bull nettle

That's funny.

Gobbler Fan
09-28-2009, 02:01 PM

Either? both??

I hope he called Leach out ... Why on Gods green Earth would you leave only 2 Benches for your team to sit during a game and put a sign on them saying starters only ? Nice team Unity there Einstein . Then proceed to make bonehead calls during the game that may have cost your team a win in not just 1 game but 2 .

westtxfballfan
09-28-2009, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
[url]
According to the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal, linebacker Marlon Williams asked on his Kos39 Twitter account Sunday evening why he was still in a meeting room when "the head coach can't even be on time." That tweet has since been deleted.

You'd like to think that kids that attend college at least have the common sense not to complain about their coaches in their tweets, so you wouldn't need to actually make a rule banning it. Morons.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-28-2009, 03:04 PM
I have a Facebook and a lot of friends. But no pictures of me drinking alcohol or doing anything bad. Sometimes inappropriate status messages, but that's it haha. We're a team on the inside and an individual when we leave and are on our own time. That's how I see it, and I don't want to do anything that would embarrass my family so that keeps me in line on Facebook.

gtownfan
09-28-2009, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Why would anyone wany EVERYONE to always know what they're doing?:thinking:

Heard the other day that companies that are doing hiring now search the web for applicants and see if they have face book or other type pages. This info can and is used to detemine whether you are hired or not.

Would not be suprised if other organizations look also: College Scholarships, loan applicaitons, etc...

STANG RED
09-28-2009, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
I hope he called Leach out ... Why on Gods green Earth would you leave only 2 Benches for your team to sit during a game and put a sign on them saying starters only ? Nice team Unity there Einstein . Then proceed to make bonehead calls during the game that may have cost your team a win in not just 1 game but 2 .

I dont agree with a player calling a coach out, but your absolutley right with the rest of your post. I've always kindof liked Leach, and like many have thought he was as offensive genius. But after seeing much of what I saw against UT and UH, I'm beginning to rethink things.

ziggy29
09-28-2009, 03:30 PM
That's after one of his linebacker's dissed Leach...
This is what passes for journalism these days?

http://www.angryflower.com/bobsqu.gif

Daddy D 11
09-28-2009, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by gtownfan
Heard the other day that companies that are doing hiring now search the web for applicants and see if they have face book or other type pages. This info can and is used to detemine whether you are hired or not.

Would not be suprised if other organizations look also: College Scholarships, loan applicaitons, etc...

Yeah that's what I was saying in an above post. I'm doing all of those things, and starting to talk with some law schools. And will soon be applying to those law school and I'm not going to let a facebook get in the way of that. Now I'm not saying that if you have a facebook you're a bad person and everyone has inappropriate status' or pictures. But the chance of having not so good things on a facebook is pretty high unless you're really on top of things. The only thing I'm on top of his my grades, not other things.

LE Dad
09-28-2009, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by gtownfan

Would not be suprised if other organizations look also: College Scholarships, loan applicaitons, etc... I have a friend applying with Texas DPS. He went for his second interview 2 weeks ago and the 1st Thing they had him do was list all of his social network accounts along with passwords. Before they allowed him to leave, they went through all of his accounts. Something to think about??

Daddy D 11
09-28-2009, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
I have a friend applying with Texas DPS. He went for his second interview 2 weeks ago and the 1st Thing they had him do was list all of his social network accounts along with passwords. Before they allowed him to leave, they went through all of his accounts. Something to think about??

dang:eek:

ziggy29
09-28-2009, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
I have a friend applying with Texas DPS. He went for his second interview 2 weeks ago and the 1st Thing they had him do was list all of his social network accounts along with passwords. Before they allowed him to leave, they went through all of his accounts. Something to think about??
George Orwell was only off by 25 years.

big daddy russ
09-28-2009, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by ziggy29
George Orwell was only off by 25 years.
Haha.

Great observation! And we, as a public, seem to be fine with it.

LH Panther Mom
09-28-2009, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
I hope he called Leach out ... Why on Gods green Earth would you leave only 2 Benches for your team to sit during a game and put a sign on them saying starters only ? Nice team Unity there Einstein .
It seems to me that most coaches expect their players to be standing during the game. The only time players sit is either a) they're injured & getting treatment or b) they're a starter that just came off the field with the rest of the O/D & they're sitting listening to the coach. :hand: