PDA

View Full Version : Roman Polanski....

Bullaholic
09-28-2009, 01:45 PM
Yet another celebrity thinking that he is above the law----no matter how long ago a crime was committed. And the French---you just have to love the French government being outraged over Polanski's arrest....

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/28/zurich.roman.polanski.arrested/index.html

44INAROW
09-28-2009, 01:46 PM
a 40 year old man having "relations" with a 13 or 14 year old is repulsive - I don't care is she was begging for it - it is wrong and he needs to pay for it!

Bullaholic
09-28-2009, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
a 40 year old man having "relations" with a 13 or 14 year old is repulsive - I don't care is she was begging for it - it is wrong and he needs to pay for it!

:clap: :thumbsup:

rockdale80
09-28-2009, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

By no means am I disagreeing, but in several countries this is practiced and accepted. Just saying....

Bullaholic
09-28-2009, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
By no means am I disagreeing, but in several countries this is practiced and accepted. Just saying....

By no means being argumenative, but female genital mutilation is also an accepted practice in several countries. And there are many pedophiles who seek out countries who look the other way when it comes to sex acts with a child, and pay big bucks. But to be entirely accurate, yes, there are cultures where very young girls are legally wed to older men.

44INAROW
09-28-2009, 02:37 PM
but he wasn't in another country - he was in the United States of America - where it is illegal. He even admitted to doing it then fled the country.

pirate4state
09-28-2009, 02:40 PM
My grandmother was married off when she was 13!!!! Yikes!

Phil C
09-28-2009, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
My grandmother was married off when she was 13!!!! Yikes!

My cousin married a 14 year old 47 years ago. He was 18. They are still together after all those years and raised two childr

Phil C
09-28-2009, 04:16 PM
You have to remember though that Roman Palanski is now 76 years old and may even have health issues.

Bullaholic
09-28-2009, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
You have to remember though that Roman Palanski is now 76 years old and may even have health issues.

Yep Phil, I think he may need an operation---'castration' comes to mind....

SWMustang
09-28-2009, 09:57 PM
There's a little more to the story. Polansky accepted a plea deal and served some time but the judge renegged on the deal and that's when Polansky bolted.

Txbroadcaster
09-28-2009, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
There's a little more to the story. Polansky accepted a plea deal and served some time but the judge renegged on the deal and that's when Polansky bolted.

no Roman THOUGHT the judge was going to change the deal. It never got to the point to where the deal was offical, Roman bolted before the deal recorded.

big daddy russ
09-29-2009, 02:58 AM
I only know the basics of the case; never knew all the details. Still, he "drugged and raped" a 13-year-old according to the story. IF both are true (and by rape, I'm assuming they mean forceful entry), I hope they try him in Texas instead of Cali.

On that note, what's up with these guys?

"As a Swiss filmmaker, I feel deeply ashamed," Christian Frei said.

"He's a brilliant guy, and he made a little mistake 32 years ago. What a shame for Switzerland," said photographer Otto Weisser, a friend of Polanski.

Weisser called it a "Little" mistake? Also said "What a shame"?!?! Frei says he's "deeply ashamed"?

Look, maybe I'm jumping the gun based on limited facts, but if all this is true I don't know what to say.

Don't get me wrong, I'm going to wait until I hear more of the facts before I come to a conclusion on this, but if it is true (which from the comments it sounds like it is) this is terrible. Justifying the rape of an adolescent as a "little mistake." How do these people make the moral leap from rape of a 13-year-old to a "little mistake 32 years ago?"

EDIT: Just read up a little more on Wikipedia. Filmmakers really live in their own little world if they think someone with this much talent should be given a free pass simply because their talent will enrich people's lives. Exactly how many little girls are worth that enrichment? One? Two? Ten?

I saw The Pianist. It wasn't worth the $3 I paid to rent it, much less a girl's innocence.

JasperDog94
09-29-2009, 09:17 AM
By no means am I disagreeing, but in several countries this is practiced and accepted. Just saying.... Then if he's going to get a 13 year old girl drunk, give her quaaludes, and rape her, then he should do it in one of those countries.

Phil C
09-29-2009, 09:43 AM
You have to also remember though that several top American Stars including several time oscar winner Jack Nicolson have testified on behalf of his character.

Also one has to remember that he suffered a tramatic loss when his wife Sharon Tate (who he loved very much) was tragically murdered.

Bullaholic
09-29-2009, 10:36 AM
You have to also remember though that several top American Stars including several time oscar winner Jack Nicolson have testified on behalf of his character.

Also one has to remember that he suffered a tramatic loss when his wife Sharon Tate (who he loved very much) was tragically murdered.

Boy, I sure want Jack Nicholson at my trial as a 'character' witness, Phil.

I am sorry for the violent death of Sharon Tate--no one should have to die that way, but I am not a fan of an arrogant, complete hedonist pedophile like Polanski.

Ranger Mom
09-29-2009, 11:57 AM
As a mother of a daughter and a grandmother of a granddaughter....if some pedophile was to rape one of my loved ones...they better hope they get locked up for the rest of their days.

3 days.....3 years.....30 years......doesn't matter one iota.

I have absolutely no compassion for him!!!

sinton66
09-29-2009, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
(and by rape, I'm assuming they mean forceful entry),

13 is by definition rape, forcible or not (if factual). (remember "Statutory Rape"?)

BleedOrange
09-29-2009, 08:15 PM
That dirt bag needs to be put down in a slow painful way.

Bullaholic
09-29-2009, 08:27 PM
This just gets better and better---now Woddy Allen is demanding the release of Polanski. You all may remember that Mr. Allen was accused by Mia Farrow of molesting his then 13-year old stepdaughter some years ago. More of Polanski's high-brow pals coming to his aid.

PhiI C
09-29-2009, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
This just gets better and better---now Woddy Allen is demanding the release of Polanski. You all may remember that Mr. Allen was accused by Mia Farrow of molesting his then 13-year old stepdaughter some years ago. More of Polanski's high-brow pals coming to his aid.

Bull you have to remember that Woody Allen has been nominated many times for academy award oscars and has one several times. The 1977 movie Annie Hall was voted Best Picture and Woody Allen for that movie won best picture, actor and writer awards.
Roman Polansky directed the Jack Nicholson movie China Town that was nominated for best picture and Polansky appeared in the movie as the ganster that cut Jack's nose.

BleedOrange
09-29-2009, 08:38 PM

Woody is also a dirt bag that needs to be put down in a slow painful way. The fact that anyone can come to this pervert's aid is disgusting. Hollyweird just keeps spiraling out of control.

Bullaholic
09-29-2009, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
Bull you have to remember that Woody Allen has been nominated many times for academy award oscars and has one several times. The 1977 movie Annie Hall was voted Best Picture and Woody Allen for that movie won best picture, actor and writer awards.
Roman Polansky directed the Jack Nicholson movie China Town that was nominated for best picture and Polansky appeared in the movie as the ganster that cut Jack's nose.

That's right, Phil, and we have to remember that when she wasn't making one of her great films, Joan Crawford was up for "Mother of the Year" several times.

big daddy russ
09-30-2009, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
13 is by definition rape, forcible or not (if factual). (remember "Statutory Rape"?)
That's what I was differentiating between. By letter of the law it can mean statutory, but I was talking specifically about forceful entry. While statutory rape isn't anything to take lightly, forcing yourself on a 13-year-old-girl is 100 times worse.

SintonFan
09-30-2009, 12:51 AM
There is no "time limit" for crimes like these. Bring him in and let him stand trial...
let justice work.
A 13 year old has no IDEA what he/she is doing even if he/she says he/she knows... an adult fully knows what he/she is doing even if he/she says the other side said it was consensual...

Phil C
09-30-2009, 09:46 AM
I am not intending to defend or condone Polanski's action. I am merely trying to put information out for more consideration. Another important factor to remember is that his victim is now in her mid 40s.

Bullaholic
09-30-2009, 10:17 AM
I am not intending to defend or condone Polanski's action. I am merely trying to put information out for more consideration. Another important factor to remember is that his victim is now in her mid 40s.

Phil---Let me ask you this---If you had a 13-year old daughter or grandaughter who was enticed to take drugs and alcohol and subsequently seduced and sodomized by a 45 year-old pervert who skipped the country to avoid prosequetion, would you honestly be able to say to anyone 30 years later when this guy is finally arrested--"That happened a long time ago, and should be forgotten."?

Phil C
09-30-2009, 11:29 AM
Phil---Let me ask you this---If you had a 13-year old daughter or grandaughter who was enticed to take drugs and alcohol and subsequently seduced and sodomized by a 45 year-old pervert who skipped the country to avoid prosequetion, would you honestly be able to say to anyone 30 years later when this guy is finally arrested--"That happened a long time ago, and should be forgotten."?

Of course not.

Bullaholic
09-30-2009, 12:36 PM
Of course not.

I knew your answer before you posted it, Phil, and did not mean to imply that you felt any other way. :thumbsup:

Another parallel would be if a man committed an armed robbery 30 years ago, but returned the money after those 30 years, should he go free? To me, he put innocent lives in jeopardy 30 years ago and should have to pay some penalty even though the bank forgave him and he returned all of the money.

rockdale80
09-30-2009, 01:22 PM
I knew your answer before you posted it, Phil, and did not mean to imply that you felt any other way. :thumbsup:

Another parallel would be if a man committed an armed robbery 30 years ago, but returned the money after those 30 years, should he go free? To me, he put innocent lives in jeopardy 30 years ago and should have to pay some penalty even though the bank forgave him and he returned all of the money.

Just a perspective, and still dont construe this as me saying this is okay or I condone it. Just pointing out that the US law is Supreme here, but our home views arent shared by the entire world and while we consider this taboo it is accepted in several countries.

•Iran: 9 years old
•Holland: 12 years old
•Russia: 14 years old
•France: 15 years old
•Philippines: 16 years old
•Hongkong of China: 16 years old
•Taiwan of China: 16 years old
•Korea: man older than 18 and woman older than 16
•Japan: man older than 18 and woman older than 16
•British: man older than 18 and woman older than 16
•Arabia: man older than 11 and woman older than 9

Having said that I think he should be punished and swiftly. He pled guilty for pete's sake.

AP Panther Fan
09-30-2009, 05:18 PM

Having said that I think he should be punished and swiftly. He pled guilty for pete's sake.

I agree, but just wait ... some California court won't get this one right either. It will be a huge circus for the cameras and then he will get what equates to a little slap on the hand.:rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
10-01-2009, 12:07 AM

Didn't he end up marrying her...or one of his stepdaughters??

I don't care how talented he is...he is still a disgusting human being....just like Polanski!!

PhilC......I HAVE NO COMPASSION FOR THESE SCOURGES OF SOCIETY TO SHOW!!!!!!!!

Phil C
10-01-2009, 02:20 PM
My sister in law's grandmother met her future husband when she was 13. He worked out of town on a ranch where he lived in a ranchhouse. They were married when she was 15 and he was 30. After a few years they brought a house and moved to town where they raised their children and he would go out to the ranch to work and did so until he retired.
He got in bad health when he was 85 and she was 70. The wn children now grown suggested a nursing home but she wouldn't do it. She said he took care of her all those years when she was young and helped raise the family and that she was going to take care of him as long as God gave her strength. He passed away a year later. They had been married 56 years.

Phil C
10-01-2009, 02:22 PM
One of my classmates was 12 when she started dating her future husband who was 16. They were married right after her graduation. They are still together after 42 years and have raised two children.

ronwx5x
10-01-2009, 02:53 PM
Phil, what do either of these posts have to do with Roman Polanski giving a 13 year old girl drugs and alcohol then having sex with her? The marriages you cite are totally different and were consensual.

BleedOrange
10-01-2009, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Phil, what do either of these posts have to do with Roman Polanski giving a 13 year old girl drugs and alcohol then having sex with her? The marriages you cite are totally different and were consensual.

Exactly. Also, a 44 year old predator taking advantage of a 13 year old is beyond comprehension. What has our society come to when we have people (hollywood types) now trying to excuse this heinous act.

Trashman
10-01-2009, 04:11 PM
I say cut his testicals off with a rusty knife and if he heals, send him to prision to rot for the rest of his life.:mad:

BleedOrange
10-01-2009, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
I say cut his testicals off with a rusty knife and if he heals, send him to prision to rot for the rest of his life.:mad:

Great idea however, I say nail his testicles to a stump, light the stump on fire and then give him the rusty knife!!

BobcatBenny
10-01-2009, 09:04 PM
I say ... you give him ... some wine ... a qualude ... and tie him to a picnic table in a San Francisco public park one Saturday night. :eek: