PDA

View Full Version : Final 4 Cities that may host 2016 Summer Olympics

Phil C
09-28-2009, 01:12 PM
They are Chicago, Illinois (USA), Tokyo, Japan, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and Madrid, Spain.

The main one we unfortunately don't want is Madrid because it is in Europe and they are the ones that got baseball and softball kicked out of the Olympics. The rest of the cities would probably support these sports.

[Be sure to watch out for PhiI's list of top chess players in history coming soon.]

PhiI C
10-02-2009, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
They are Chicago, Illinois (USA), Tokyo, Japan, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and Madrid, Spain.

The main one we unfortunately don't want is Madrid because it is in Europe and they are the ones that got baseball and softball kicked out of the Olympics. The rest of the cities would probably support these sports.

[Be sure to watch out for PhiI's list of top chess players in history coming soon.]

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil has been chosen. Even though Chicago lost it is still good that this city won because it is the first city in South America to be chosen.

PhiI C
10-02-2009, 03:45 PM
Also the time differences are much less than those in Europe, Asia and Australia. For example if it is 3.45 P.M. in Dallas, Texas it is 5:45 P.M. in Rio de Janeiro.

STANG RED
10-02-2009, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil has been chosen. Even though Chicago lost it is still good that this city won because it is the first city in South America to be chosen.

Maybe we should have sent someone with more integrity and honesty to lobby for the USAs bid. ;)

Keith7
10-02-2009, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Maybe we should have sent someone with more integrity and honesty to lobby for the USAs bid. ;)

Yea we should have sent W.. hahahaha now thats a joke!! ;)

BobcatBenny
10-02-2009, 04:26 PM

Good point.

Post #2974

jdawg2012
10-02-2009, 04:29 PM

OOOHHHHHHH!!! He went there! :clap: :eek:

STANG RED
10-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Yea we should have sent W.. hahahaha now thats a joke!! ;)
:doh:
LOL, the joke is actually on you. Your just too blinded to see it yet.

jdawg2012
10-02-2009, 04:31 PM
I am disappointed that Chicago lost BUT now Dallas can throw their name in for the 2020 olympics. Jerryland would be perfect!!

Keith7
10-02-2009, 04:51 PM
:doh:
LOL, the joke is actually on you. Your just too blinded to see it yet.

No the joke is on you and the American people you are trying to "protect" HAHA

WildTexan972
10-02-2009, 05:02 PM
obamie hoses up another job....just like all his other "tasks" to date....

and since W throttled those terrorists, how many american buildings have been bombed?

I rest my case....

hate him if you want, and vote in a community organizer not born in our country, but never can you honestly say he did not end terrorism on our soil.....

and he kicked some saddam butt....how can any of you fools consider that a bad thing?

injuredinmelee
10-02-2009, 05:25 PM
What blows me away is that just to bid you had to pay 48 million dollars. Thats a joke. I know Illinois and esp Chicago doesnt have that much money to just blow on a bid. If you have ever been to Chicago and seen the hundreds of high rise housing projects, thugs roaming the streets day night and ever read about the crime rate in that city you can understand why it was the first city voted out of the running. Unemployment is high and its own residents are just beat down. I have also heard in the past from supposed experts in the field that Dallas will never be given an Olympic bid because its failure to protect JFK. I know it sounds stupid to me also.

Keith7
10-03-2009, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
obamie hoses up another job....just like all his other "tasks" to date....

and since W throttled those terrorists, how many american buildings have been bombed?

I rest my case....

hate him if you want, and vote in a community organizer not born in our country, but never can you honestly say he did not end terrorism on our soil.....

and he kicked some saddam butt....how can any of you fools consider that a bad thing?

are you 12?