PDA

View Full Version : Argyle 5-0 vs. Prosper 5-0 Your Thoughts

bowleghorses
09-28-2009, 10:46 AM
Bye week this week then they get it on!!!!!!!!! Any thoughts on who is stronger?:D

Bullaholic
09-28-2009, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by bowleghorses
Bye week this week then they get it on!!!!!!!!! Any thoughts on who is stronger?:D

The Bulls have played both Prosper and Argyle. IMO, Prosper has a stronger "D", but Argyle has a better passing game. I think this will come down to whether or not the Prosper "D" can shut down the Argyle vertical game. The rushing games should be about even. I think this one will come down to field positions and mistakes.

bowleghorses
09-28-2009, 11:36 AM
Were ya'll healthy for the Argyle game?

bowleghorses
09-28-2009, 11:43 AM
I was looking at the stats for the game and it seems if ya'll would have held on to the ball it might have been a lot closer.:mad:

Rabid Cougar
09-28-2009, 02:18 PM
Someone will not be undefeated after the game is over.

Bullaholic
09-28-2009, 02:20 PM
Were ya'll healthy for the Argyle game?

Yep--we had just about everyone ready to play.

Bullaholic
09-28-2009, 02:23 PM
I was looking at the stats for the game and it seems if ya'll would have held on to the ball it might have been a lot closer.:mad:

Here you go---

http://www.hsgametime.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/highschools/leaderboard/v3/argyle/stories/DRC_argylefootball_0926.1b82489be.html

slpybear the bullfan
09-28-2009, 03:14 PM
Should be a game of the week... Awesome matchup.

I would go with Argyle in this one...

firstdown
09-28-2009, 03:25 PM
Argyle played soft at the end of the 2nd and gave up a TD and yardage. The other TD and majority of the yardage by Bridgeport was after the game was out of reach for them. Stats don't always tell the whole story. That being said I think we have our hands full with Prosper they are a very good squad, I hope that we can find a way...It should be a heck of a game.
I'll take the eagles in a close one.:D

Prosper23
09-28-2009, 06:18 PM
Prosper's Defense will shut argyle down!!!!

Prosper 28-14

BullsFan
09-28-2009, 07:28 PM
All I know is that I would LOVE to go to this game.

bowleghorses
09-28-2009, 07:36 PM
I like the way you think P23. It will be in your hands. Tell Brian Hardy HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

d0tc0m
09-28-2009, 09:01 PM
Argyle's offense should be a very good test for Prosper's salty defense. We know they're good, and this week, we'll get to see just how good they are. On the other side, we'll get to see how for real this Argyle offense is. If the boys in green can force a few turnovers, they'll win by 2 tds. If not, it could be a barnburner. Watch out for this one, Prosper could be on upset alert next week.

Global Swarming
09-28-2009, 09:09 PM
I think that Prosper will beat the socks off of Argyle.:D

garciap77
09-28-2009, 09:50 PM
Prosper! Got to go with the defending champ!

orange machine
09-28-2009, 10:48 PM
This will be a defensive battle and low scoreing.

Prosper 13

Argyle 7

d0tc0m
09-28-2009, 11:21 PM
Hey Firstdown, how has ya'lls defense looked so far this year?

firstdown
09-29-2009, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by d0tc0m
Hey Firstdown, how has ya'lls defense looked so far this year?

Our Defense is bigger and faster than it was last year. David Johnson on the D-line is a beast (TCU will like what they get in him) Linebackers are very good anchored by Murphey Ellis and Blake Dunham, and our secondary has a hard hitting safety in Jake Meeks. Those are just a few names, there is not a weak spot. All in all I think we are better than last year. The Prosper game will be a good test for us. I look for it to be low scoring with both defense's being very good.

MamaBull
09-29-2009, 08:30 AM
prosper in a blowout.

bowleghorses
09-29-2009, 09:08 AM
Well... They both have two weeks to prepare for this one.:p

firstdown
09-29-2009, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by MamaBull
prosper in a blowout.

I very seriously doubt it will be a blowout either way. For the record Mama Sissy yall couldn't make the playoffs in district 9 and I'm not sure you will in District 5. IP, Burk, and Decatur will all give you a game. Goodluck to ya.

Argyle Eagles District 5-3a Champions :D

eagle95
09-29-2009, 10:06 AM
Prosper's D is ridiculously good. Better than last year IMO. Argyle may sneak out 10 points. 31-10 Prosper.

Bullaholic
09-29-2009, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by firstdown
I very seriously doubt it will be a blowout either way. IP, Burk, and Decatur will all give you a game. Goodluck to ya.

These are the only parts of your post with which I agree.

BTW--Being called a Sissy is not an insult in Bull Country---we are very proud of our girls teams.

ssgmp5150
09-29-2009, 11:27 AM
I think Prosper cruises to a relatively easy victory let's say 28-7! Prosper's defense is phenomenal! Best defense I have seen in a long time!

firstdown
09-29-2009, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
These are the only parts of your post with which I agree.

BTW--Being called a Sissy is not an insult in Bull Country---we are very proud of our girls teams.

I wasn't trying to insult and I am sorry if I offended you. You should be proud of your girls teams I just think it's funny Mama Bull that's why I called her a "sissy".

MamaBull
09-29-2009, 12:51 PM
none taken. however you should look a little closer. argyle scored how many rushing TDs on bridgeport? and take away a fumble return to the 3 yard line against prosper and how many times did they run the ball in? now if you can think back to burk and iowa park, what style of offense are they? i think district may not be so even as you thought.
and if you think you're going to win district, then you may need some medication. I'll be suprised if argyle scores 20.

firstdown
09-29-2009, 03:12 PM
none taken. however you should look a little closer. argyle scored how many rushing TDs on bridgeport? and take away a fumble return to the 3 yard line against prosper and how many times did they run the ball in? now if you can think back to burk and iowa park, what style of offense are they? i think district may not be so even as you thought.
and if you think you're going to win district, then you may need some medication. I'll be suprised if argyle scores 20.

No medication needed but I'll take some anyway. Win district? If we were in your district (5-3A) we already would have (5 won 0 lost). Our District(9-3A)is a little tougher than yours I never claimed that we would win it, right now the best in our District is Prosper, we get our shot at them next week. What I did say is that your Bulls would not make the playoffs in our district, and that you should not take your district mates for granted. Remember we have played them and you, I think I have a pretty good feel for your district. Goodluck to ya

BTW I do root for you guys when your not playing us. The Hudson's are friends of ours. Remember they were in Argyle before B-port.

LE Dad
09-29-2009, 03:29 PM
What type of offenses are both teams running? Spread or what? :thinking:

firstdown
09-29-2009, 03:34 PM
Argyle runs the spread

LE Dad
09-29-2009, 03:45 PM
Argyle runs the spread Thanks, not real familiar with either team other than name recognition. Just trying to get a feel for what to expect.

:clap:

Prosper23
09-29-2009, 04:56 PM
Ha i'm just so excited to see this game. I hope its the game of the week because we all know it should be

orange machine
09-29-2009, 06:50 PM
I think Prosper will win, but i wouldnt be a bit surprised if Argyle pulls out the win. Im not totally sold on Prosper just yet, if they can beat Argyle then i might change my mind some. Prosper just hasnt played a team this year that is going to do much if anything in the playoffs so i think the jury is still out.

BleedOrange
09-29-2009, 08:02 PM
This should be a good game. I am going to go with Argyle (it could go either way) as Prosper really hasn't played anyone other than Bridgeport who I think is better than their record indicates. I do not believe score of Prosper/Bridgeport was indicative of the how close the game was. Not real sure about Argyle but they are putting up impressive numbers on both sides of the ball. Part of me wants Prosper to be undefeated when they come to Celina. But then again its Prosper. GO ARGYLE!!

bowleghorses
09-29-2009, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by BleedOrange
This should be a good game. I am going to go with Argyle (it could go either way) as Prosper really hasn't played anyone other than Bridgeport who I think is better than their record indicates. I do not believe score of Prosper/Bridgeport was indicative of the how close the game was. Not real sure about Argyle but they are putting up impressive numbers on both sides of the ball. Part of me wants Prosper to be undefeated when they come to Celina. But then again its Prosper. GO ARGYLE!!

Sounds a little like you have some hard feelings towards Prosper. Come on ...it was only one year(33-7). Ya'll beat the heck out of them for years.:p

bowleghorses
09-29-2009, 09:49 PM
If you want to compare scores then how about the Decatur games? Talent always matches up a little different depending on who you play,weather conditions,1st string-2nd string playing time etc. This should be a good game on paper,but we will have to see how it turns out.:D Go Eagles!!!!!!!!!!!:D

BleedOrange
09-29-2009, 11:03 PM
Sounds a little like you have some hard feelings towards Prosper. Come on ...it was only one year(33-7). Ya'll beat the heck out of them for years.:p

No hard feelings at all. Just stirring the pot. It really should be a close game that could go either way. Good luck to your team.

MamaBull
09-30-2009, 08:33 AM
Argyle Eagles District 5-3a Champions :D
right... you never said you would win district. ;)
and who are the Hudsons?

firstdown
09-30-2009, 08:45 AM
right... you never said you would win district. ;)
and who are the Hudsons?

I said we would win your District as would Prosper and Celina.
The Hudsons? Your kidding right, the youngest (Jace # 17) is your best receiver.Their older son graduated last year. Dang Mama.

MamaBull
09-30-2009, 08:56 AM
i thought our best was 16 but sure ok.

SOONER09
09-30-2009, 09:18 AM
I wish our qb would throw to Hudson a little more and quit turning the ball over. He's good for at least 3 turnovers a game.

MamaBull
09-30-2009, 10:18 AM
sooner? WTH?? have you seen how many balls he has dropped? if you want less turnovers and more points henson should throw to 16 and 24.

rolltider
09-30-2009, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Someone will not be undefeated after the game is over.

Thank You John Madden LOL

rolltider
09-30-2009, 02:37 PM

It will be a close game! Prosper has the best D in the district. The offense will really need to step up. I am sure Prosper would like Celina to have been undefeated but too late for that. It is really about who wants it more! Go Prosper!!!

PHOP
09-30-2009, 07:50 PM
The eagles offense is very under rated - yes even the line. The line is not the largest around but they have heart and now that the front five are FINALLY set - look out they will only get better.

Prosper D is solid as long as the O scores 18+ - they win both Argyle and Celina.

Good Luck to all

BleedOrange
09-30-2009, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by PHOP
The eagles offense is very under rated - yes even the line. The line is not the largest around but they have heart and now that the front five are FINALLY set - look out they will only get better.

Prosper D is solid as long as the O scores 18+ - they win both Argyle and Celina.

Good Luck to all

PHOP you will not hold Celina to less than 18. I don't think you will hold Argyle to less than 18 either. The question is will you be able to score enough. We shall see. Good luck to the Eagles.

d0tc0m
09-30-2009, 09:37 PM
The fact that Celina isn't undefeated will have no baring on either of the teams, I can guarantee that. Both are going to be in for a dog fight and they know it. Prosper's defense held Celina to 7 last year and that with one of the premier 3A running backs in the state, an offense that IMO was a lot better than this years, at least as of right now. If prosper holds Argyle's light em up offense to 18 or less, I will be thoroughly impressed. Should be a good game. I'll go for the Eagles this time around.

BleedOrange
09-30-2009, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by d0tc0m
The fact that Celina isn't undefeated will have no baring on either of the teams, I can guarantee that. Both are going to be in for a dog fight and they know it. Prosper's defense held Celina to 7 last year and that with one of the premier 3A running backs in the state, an offense that IMO was a lot better than this years, at least as of right now. If prosper holds Argyle's light em up offense to 18 or less, I will be thoroughly impressed. Should be a good game. I'll go for the Eagles this time around.

The Eagles will be victorious and will be looking ahead to Celina. I am rooting for the Eagles for sure. GO PROGYLE!!! GO ARSPER!!!

PHOP
10-01-2009, 08:24 AM
The Eagles will be victorious and will be looking ahead to Celina. I am rooting for the Eagles for sure. GO PROGYLE!!! GO ARSPER!!!

LOL