PDA

View Full Version : What about the underrated teams???

dusty6901
10-06-2001, 12:08 AM
Ok first of all, I don't know about you guys but I'm tired of hearing about Wylie and Sweetwater. Wylie is no team at all. I'm not saying they arent good but they only have a couple of players who tribute to the game. Sweetwater is a excellent team. They can throw and run the ball very well. NOw with that said, what about the under rated teams? For instance, Merkel. I have watched their team every game and they have extreme potential to beat Wylie and maybe Sweetwater. They have a running back who is like a bulldozer when running up the middle or from the side. Also their recievers are quick and able to make big plays out of nothing. thats all thank you

eye of the tiger
10-06-2001, 12:15 AM
Merkel wins again tonight over Anson 27-3. Hard to knock a team that is 5-0.

coolguycody_c
10-06-2001, 12:35 AM
what about Vernon?

victory11
10-06-2001, 12:36 AM
is that a joke dusty???

Matthew328
10-06-2001, 12:40 AM
Vernon is looking good..a team to watch in Region 1

eye of the tiger
10-06-2001, 12:44 AM
Im beginning to think Lake Worth is much better than I ever thought. They still have not allowed a touchdown. They have moved way up my list.

dusty6901
10-06-2001, 02:28 AM
Victory that is not a joke. Merkel is holding their own and have imporved greatly since last year and the years before. This team has alot of talent to play football and succeed in the district. Now Im not sayin they are number one or anything but all the other teams will have more trouble playing Merkel than their previous others. Merkel has an astonishing defense. It seems like everytime the ball is hiked the two head brothers, jake gonzales, and micheal bennington are there in the qb's face.

dusty6901
10-06-2001, 02:31 AM
I can see why Lake Worth has not allowed a touchdown all season. But its easy not to allow a td when playing much easier and "inskillfull" teams...

Jacket2000
10-06-2001, 02:35 AM
Yes, Lake Worth hasnt faced alot of competetion yet. But still, you would think that there would be a turnover deep in LW territory, or the 3rd string D would give up a TD.
J2K

victory11
10-06-2001, 10:05 AM
and who has merkel played that is "skillful", dusty?

Jacket2000
10-06-2001, 11:07 AM
Doesnt matter, when Merkel is 5-0, it's something to talk about even if they're playing six-man schools.
J2K

whsfan
10-06-2001, 12:09 PM
Dusty, come on wake up and smell the coffee. Merkel is off to a good start for Merkel. Congratulations on the 5-0 start. Now welcome to district. There are no more below average 2A schools on your schedule. You guys stand a good chance of beating Clyde and that would give you a winning season for the first time in recent history.

How can Merkel beat Wylie? After all, some of the best players for Merkel already gave up on making it in the Wylie program. Maybe your team can just lay low and keep working on your program. Who knows in a few more years the Merkel football program might not have to play anymore 2A schedules.

Originally posted by dusty6901:
Ok first of all, I don't know about you guys but I'm tired of hearing about Wylie and Sweetwater. Wylie is no team at all. I'm not saying they arent good but they only have a couple of players who tribute to the game. Sweetwater is a excellent team. They can throw and run the ball very well. NOw with that said, what about the under rated teams? For instance, Merkel. I have watched their team every game and they have extreme potential to beat Wylie and maybe Sweetwater. They have a running back who is like a bulldozer when running up the middle or from the side. Also their recievers are quick and able to make big plays out of nothing. thats all thank you

coolguycody_c
10-06-2001, 11:54 PM
Hey thanks Matthew328. I'm glad someone acutally acknowledged me. I've left said stuff about Vernon in three separate forums and no one cares.

Originally posted by Matthew328:
Vernon is looking good..a team to watch in Region 1

SintonFan
10-07-2001, 01:22 AM
I think Odem in 30-3A has a highly underated team. They're 5-0, and just whipped Aransas Pass. They have a quarterback that nobody has been close to stopping(60% comp. rate, 175 yards a game I think), and a swarming defense. Sinton plays them in 2 weeks, they should keep us honest in the district race.