PDA

View Full Version : Question about concussions

Old Tiger
09-28-2009, 09:49 AM
It isn't a good sign if you are vomiting after you sustain a concussion? Can someone fill me in on this subject please. Reason I am asking is because of the Tim Tebow situation.

turbostud
09-28-2009, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
It isn't a good sign if you are vomiting after you sustain a concussion? Can someone fill me in on this subject please. Reason I am asking is because of the Tim Tebow situation.

article on ESPN said it is common to vomit with a concussion.

turbostud
09-28-2009, 10:02 AM
"He started vomiting -- a common symptom of concussions -- and was carted off the field."

In the pic I saw he looked out of it.

Old Tiger
09-28-2009, 10:03 AM
Does vomiting help indicate how severe the concussion is/may be?

BILLYFRED0000
09-28-2009, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Does vomiting help indicate how severe the concussion is/may be?

Yes it can be. Usually a mild concussion can get you to vomit but not immediately. Nausea is part of a mild one. A little harder knock can give you vomiting as well. But one size does not fit all and previous concussions play a factor. So while it can be it also depends on whether or not you have had previous ones and how severe they were as well.

lulu
09-28-2009, 10:55 AM
In slight concussions one might experience:
confusion
headache
amnesia
dizziness
ringing in the ears
slurred speech
nausea/vomiting

later symptoms are: If it is sever

loss of taste/smell
fatigue
memory loss
sensitivty to light and noise
sleep disturbance
depression.

My newphew could not raise his arms...or make a fist for several min. to an hour. Could have involved his spinal cord.

After 2 bad ones they tell you no more contac sports.

UPanIN
09-28-2009, 11:04 AM
Didn't Tebow also have a touch of a cold or something? The combo could have caused the nausea.

PPSTATEBOUND
09-28-2009, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by UPanIN
Didn't Tebow also have a touch of a cold or something? The combo could have caused the nausea.

Had five 4th thru 10th grade butnever threw up..., memory loss, nausea, seeing only half of what was there was a very common accurance...looked and feldt like Aikman mostly.