PDA

View Full Version : Final Thoughts - Rockdale vs. Cameron

Milk That Cow
09-27-2009, 11:54 PM
I spent the first half on Rockdale's side and the second on Cameron's with family and friends on both...

My Thoughts:

Rockdale
They are Good. But, we won't find out how good for a couple of more weeks...

Daniel Brooks is something special...

They run a base offense and a base package defense, but I was amazed of how simplified it was and Cameron couldn't stop it.

They could go 10-0 or 7-3 and not make the playoffs, but they got the Bell. So it will be a good season for them...

Cameron
They clearly have regressed from last season...

Last Year they won the Battle of the Bell and lost three games. This Year I think they are probably gonna go 5-5...

Not a good year for a New Coach who was expected to turn things around in this Tradition Rich program with a long playoff run in 09....

It's very surprising with all of that talent, that they are struggling so much.

They didn't come ready to play and it showed. Just played uninspired ball...

tigerfan09
09-28-2009, 01:44 PM
Cameron Yoe does not seem to do well with first year coaches from other parts, with the exception of Toby York in 1981. When Tom Ed Gooden arrived in the mid-80's, we had a losing season or two there. Also, remember the Todd Dodge debacle back in 94 and 95? They did very well in Randy Sapp's first year as head coach in 96, though...he took us to the State Quarterfinals that season. Yes, it was his first year as head coach, but he had been on the coaching staff there since 81. I don't think we did well in Mike Mullins' first year, either. It probably has to do with learning new systems, etc. I'm sure Coach Rhodes will turn it around...

Rabid Cougar
09-28-2009, 02:14 PM
First year coach and new system are no excuses.

c-town_balla
09-28-2009, 02:28 PM
Not a new offensive system

cameron91
09-28-2009, 03:12 PM
Tiger Fan- during Tom Ed , I don't think he ever had a losing season. I think his first year we went 5-5 . How could you replace a team like they lost. Next year we went 10-1 and 8-3 my SR year. after that I couldn't tell you what happen.

IMO : Cameron is missing a defense swagger..If you look at their really good years they had a good defense coach.

Since Wilson left in what 05 or 06.. Cameron hasn't been able to slow down any good sound offense they've faced. This the side of the ball cameron really need to focus on.

87 TIGER
09-28-2009, 03:41 PM
I thought I read in the Cameron paper back when they hired Rhoads his main focus was going to be defense.

cameron91
09-28-2009, 04:25 PM
:iagree:
:clap: it was written in black and ink :clap:

Coach BS
09-28-2009, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by tigerfan09
Cameron Yoe does not seem to do well with first year coaches from other parts, with the exception of Toby York in 1981. When Tom Ed Gooden arrived in the mid-80's, we had a losing season or two there. Also, remember the Todd Dodge debacle back in 94 and 95? They did very well in Randy Sapp's first year as head coach in 96, though...he took us to the State Quarterfinals that season. Yes, it was his first year as head coach, but he had been on the coaching staff there since 81. I don't think we did well in Mike Mullins' first year, either. It probably has to do with learning new systems, etc. I'm sure Coach Rhodes will turn it around... He may not be around long enough to turn it around.:rolleyes:

Milk That Cow
09-28-2009, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
First year coach and new system are no excuses.

I Couldn't Agree More...

tigerfan09
09-28-2009, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by cameron91
Tiger Fan- during Tom Ed , I don't think he ever had a losing season. I think his first year we went 5-5 . How could you replace a team like they lost. Next year we went 10-1 and 8-3 my SR year. after that I couldn't tell you what happen.

IMO : Cameron is missing a defense swagger..If you look at their really good years they had a good defense coach.

Since Wilson left in what 05 or 06.. Cameron hasn't been able to slow down any good sound offense they've faced. This the side of the ball cameron really need to focus on.

Who was the Defensive Coordinator during the Randy Sapp era? Robert Hudson or Jeff Hooks? I can't remember which one it was, but they were both very strong defensive coaches. In addition to the Toby York era, those were our strongest years defensively...from 96 until about 01 or so...

aggiejon85
09-28-2009, 08:33 PM
Rockdale looked great, there defense was light's out, and there offense is ok, i dont know how good it is yet.

Yoe_09
09-28-2009, 11:29 PM
Rockdale pretty much dominated the whole second half of the game. Camerons lines were not a match. First year coaching means absolutely nothing in Cameron. Here you are expected to win, and win pretty often. I would hope that the coach can turn next season around, or well...if you lose like this to Rockdale next year he wont have to worry about the next...

Coach BS
09-29-2009, 09:34 PM
Cameron RB James Wells held to 36 yds.