PDA

View Full Version : T.O. Catchless for First Time Since '97

IrishTex
09-27-2009, 07:02 PM
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/114090/terrell-owens_medium.jpg

It's the first question people ask whenever Terrell Owens joins a new team: when is he going to blow everything up with his me-me-me attitude?

Well, uh, getcha popcorn ready.

In the Saints' 27-7 win over the Bills Sunday, Owens was held catchless in a game for the first time since Jan. 4, 1997, a 35-14 playoff loss for Owens' 49ers against the Packers.

He's already spoken this season about the Bills' offense getting he and fellow receiver Lee Evans more involved, so one has to wonder what is going through his head after coming up blank against the Saints.

Bills quarterback Trent Edwards targeted him on a number of passes, but couldn't connect. He had Owens with a step deep on Saints corner Jabari Greer in the fourth quarter, but overthrew him. An earlier pass intended for Owens deflected in the secondary and led to an interception by defensive end Will Smith. The last target Owens got came with 3:17 left in the game. Edwards hit Owens on the sideline, but Owens couldn't stay in bounds.

It was part of a rough day all around for the Bills' offense, which didn't score a single point (Buffalo's only score of the game came on a fake punt). Edwards managed only 156 yards and was sacked four times. Josh Reed led the team with six receptions, and Derek Fine had five.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-27-2009, 07:05 PM
Terrell Owens is one of the most dominant receivers in NFL history and will undoubtedly be a member of the Hall of Fame. He's an awesome player.

IrishTex
09-27-2009, 07:08 PM
He's an awesome player.

Correction: He was an awesome player.

:)

LE Dad
09-27-2009, 07:11 PM
Hope Bills have ear plugs cause that Big Baby is bout to cry!!!:weeping: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-27-2009, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex
Correction: He was an awesome player.

:)

He would be starting on my team.

Maroon87
09-27-2009, 07:15 PM
I already saw his post game press conference. Pretty much what you would expect from him after that type of game...

LE Dad
09-27-2009, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I already saw his post game press conference. Pretty much what you would expect from him after that type of game... Let me guess"If I was part of :weeping: :foul:game plan :foul: If the QB:weeping:would throw me the ball :weeping:"

Am I close:confused:

sinton66
09-27-2009, 07:41 PM
"Everybody knows when I get the ball, we win". Wah-wah....

95mustang
09-27-2009, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Hope Bills have ear plugs cause that Big Baby is bout to cry!!!:weeping: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

Atleast it won't be all over the local media.

STANG RED
09-27-2009, 11:14 PM
I'm just glad he's hundreds of miles from Texas, so I dont have to hear something about him every day.
I wouldnt let him wash jock straps for a pop warner team myself.

Rabid Cougar
09-27-2009, 11:21 PM
Did the Cowboys trade Romo to the Bills ????????

Rabid Cougar
09-27-2009, 11:23 PM
Obviously the pup from Aggieland never saw Jerry Rice.

Txbroadcaster
09-27-2009, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Obviously the pup from Aggieland never saw Jerry Rice.

he did not say he was THE best..said he was ONE of the best

WylieBulldog92
09-27-2009, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Terrell Owens is one of the most dominant receivers in NFL history and will undoubtedly be a member of the Hall of Fame. He's an awesome player.
Agreed.