PDA

View Full Version : Bellville Brahmas vs Wharton Tigers.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-27-2009, 12:49 PM
Can Bellville get a easy win or will the Tigers from Wharton hang with the Brahmas? Bellville will need to start playing better with District only 2 weeks away. Wharton has Homecoming this week and will be ready to fight for a win. Give your insight on this game?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-27-2009, 08:14 PM
Wharton has played 4 good opponents, Rice ,Smithville, Giddings and El Campo, does anyone know the scores of each game?

BrahmaMom
09-27-2009, 08:22 PM
The critiques of Bellville have been right on, IMO. The offense needs to pick it up and I would really like to see TEAMWORK. I am not seeing what I have seen in previous Brahma teams and it worries me. We certainly have the talent. Where is the rest? C'mon, Brahmas, let's take care of the Tigers Friday night!

beastyboyz
09-27-2009, 08:33 PM
Seems like the bellville defense always come out to play, for the most part they seem to "stimy" their opponents, if the offense can maintain atleast a 10 play drive and put points on the board then bellville can compete with any team. Until then, I see low scoring close games in bellville future...

bvillebrahma010
09-27-2009, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by beastyboyz
Seems like the bellville defense always come out to play, for the most part they seem to "stimy" their opponents, if the offense can maintain atleast a 10 play drive and put points on the board then bellville can compete with any team. Until then, I see low scoring close games in bellville future...
great way to sum it up...

D4C
09-28-2009, 12:07 AM
no disrespect to Bellville but imma be pullin for my Wharton Tigers, got ya'll back till the end

pancho villa
09-28-2009, 07:25 AM
Wharton High Tigers 49
Bellville 0

Gators17
09-28-2009, 10:30 AM
Do the women in Wharton dip Copenhagen or Skoal?

Bull's-eye
09-28-2009, 11:02 AM
Check out JR's smokehouse in Wharton, they make some very good BBQ. The ladies there are very friendly, but I don't think they dip. :D

pancho villa
09-28-2009, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Gators17
Do the women in Wharton dip Copenhagen or Skoal?

I'm sure some do, but not like them sweet things from Bellville!

trg
09-28-2009, 12:07 PM
As always, I am rooting for the Bulls!!! Good luck to both teams for an injury free game. And I hope the Bulls can come together and play with the heart I know ya'll have.

OldBison75
09-28-2009, 12:33 PM
Man, two weeks ago I would have said Bellville hands down. After the performance against Brookshire Royal, I not as sure. Bellville has been so up and down on offense that I just can;t predict what they might do. The QB has a tremendous amount of talent and they have some darn good running backs. It seems that when the running game is working, they start trying to pass and things go wrong. Why can't the coaches stick to what is working? I have seen alot of criticism of the Offensive line, but when they played Navasota they looked pretty good most of the time. I was more surprised by the way the coaches called plays in that game.

Defensively, Bellville can play with anyone. They are fast, tough, and will put a hit on you. That defense will keep them in most games, but the offense has to step up. I believe this team could average 200 yards per game rushing if the coaches would use the rush to set up the pass. You can't run successfully for three first downs and then abandon the run for three straight passes that end up killing the drive.

Back to this week, Wharton will be a tough game, but the bellville defense can win this one. If the offense can find 21 points, Bellville wins.

Gobbla2001
09-28-2009, 12:37 PM
I don't see Bellville having many problems here...

XMan
09-28-2009, 12:42 PM
Im starting to think the Bellville fans should start going up to the field house on Sat. and Sun. after the games. Im sure you could help the coaches break down film and find where the weakest spot of the opposition is. Heck, do some game planning and help ole coach call a few play. Im sure you would do a MUCH better job than he is doing. Most of the people popping off wouldnt know a 4i from a 5.

buff4ever
09-28-2009, 01:02 PM
If bellville doesn't kill wharton this week, they are in trouble.

I expect a 28 point margin of victory or better.

venomous tat2
09-28-2009, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by XMan
Im starting to think the Bellville fans should start going up to the field house on Sat. and Sun. after the games. Im sure you could help the coaches break down film and find where the weakest spot of the opposition is. Heck, do some game planning and help ole coach call a few play. Im sure you would do a MUCH better job than he is doing. Most of the people popping off wouldnt know a 4i from a 5.

Amen !! I wonder do they know the time put in each day or the weekends . You think they know the diff between a split 6 & a 4-1 double hip , lol ( let the coaches do their job ) it ain't as easy as some of you think . Help your team by showing up to the game and cheer the player on . I support all coaches, I know what they go through each day. Come join us in the Aug heat for 2 a days . The Bull will be ok they know how to win when it counts .

tigerfan09
09-28-2009, 01:37 PM
I predict a blowout in Wharton's favor!

Wharton 42
Bellville 6

GO TIGERS!!!

pancho villa
09-28-2009, 02:03 PM
I heard Wharton is putting in the Arkansas stack monster defense this week.
Wharton and ASM 49
Cows 0

D4C
09-28-2009, 02:20 PM
Yeah Buddy! love the support for the Tigers even though so might not be real:D

Gators17
09-28-2009, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by tigerfan09

Wharton 42
Bellville 6

GO TIGERS!!!

You're finally back! I figured after missing on your predicitons against Bellville's baseball team last spring you'd never show your face on a Bellville thread again!

But, it's nice to see you picking against the Brahmas again. It always seems to come out in our favor! ;)

BrahmaMom
09-28-2009, 04:17 PM
Gosh, I thought this site was for cheering your favorite team on and supporting others you had connected with. Didn't know our thoughts were seen as a criticism of the coaches--NEVER the intent. Those guys spend countless and thankless hours with kids who aren't the easiest to work with. I think our feedback and insight is a conversation between friends who have a lot invested in these teams/kids. Apologies to anyone who has taken comments as otherwise. We only want the very best for our respective teams and players. And wish everyone else's well, too, really.

Pudlugger
09-28-2009, 06:47 PM
Bellville will win this game going away.

HEMOTOXIC
09-28-2009, 07:39 PM
From what I saw from the Bulls against Navasota, I would say that they have all the potential and TALENT in the world. But, after seeing how tough the Falcons played the Bulls, it leaves me with questions. Maybe the Bulls had a bad game? Too many mistakes? Too many turnovers? I wasn't there so I can't comment. I can say that, it is no secret that the Brahmas play in probably the toughest district in the state. IMO, Bellville better get it together quickly. They can't afford to have another game like they did against Brookshire playing the likes of SEALY, GIDDINGS, LA GRANGE, COLUMBUS & and a Smithville Tiger team.

Good Luck to the Bulls. I support the Brahmas and their fans and I have faith that they will be fine.

dachosenone
09-28-2009, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by venomous tat2
Amen !! I wonder do they know the time put in each day or the weekends . You think they know the diff between a split 6 & a 4-1 double hip , lol ( let the coaches do their job ) it ain't as easy as some of you think . Help your team by showing up to the game and cheer the player on . I support all coaches, I know what they go through each day. Come join us in the Aug heat for 2 a days . The Bull will be ok they know how to win when it counts .

you are absolutely right but it doesn't take a genius to see that our RB's aren't 15-20 carry guys. All of them are excellent receivers and should be used more in that capacity. When the short passing game is working it opens up alot more opportunities to A) throw it deep B) run a draw C) then pound the ball. With this years team and weapons that should be our Offensive philosophy.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-29-2009, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Bellville will win this game going away.

Pud will you and hook be at the game?

SHSBulldog00
09-29-2009, 09:34 PM
IDK

zebrablue2
09-29-2009, 09:41 PM

Wharton 42
Bellville 6

GO TIGERS!!!

so you are smokin the same thing as puncho---LOL.:D

XMan
09-30-2009, 06:22 AM
Dachosenone, what formation you think they should throw these passes from? You thinking a sprint out pass, 3 step drop, deep drop, or play action is what is needed most? Go ahead and draw a few of those plays up for us, please.

hookandladder
09-30-2009, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Pud will you and hook be at the game?

Off week for LG, so I will be heading down fish-on. If I were going to a game it would be Smithville-Yoakum, would like to see Smithville play.

beastyboyz
09-30-2009, 07:42 AM
Me personally, wouldn't mind seeing bellville throw more quick routes, and a few more screens just to keep the opponents defense honest...
they have a lot of speed that their just letting go to waste...

I also wouldn't mind seeing #36 jackson getting a few carries a game...

pancho villa
09-30-2009, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by XMan
Dachosenone, what formation you think they should throw these passes from? You thinking a sprint out pass, 3 step drop, deep drop, or play action is what is needed most? Go ahead and draw a few of those plays up for us, please.

Don't you know any? Go to a clinic!

Bulligator
10-01-2009, 08:06 AM
Any Wharton locals have any recommendations for places to eat in Wharton prior to the game besides Buc-ee's?

pancho villa
10-01-2009, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Bulligator
Any Wharton locals have any recommendations for places to eat in Wharton prior to the game besides Buc-ee's?

Los Cucos by the river, great Mexican food!

11as1
10-01-2009, 05:41 PM
my thoughts on this game are that the bulls should come out with a win. notice i say should but it's football and anything can happen. plus wharton can be a good ball club as they hung with the bulls in the playoffs last year, and this years bulls are extremely OVER RATED!!!!! however i can't go against them. good luck to both teams and play injury free

tigerfan09
10-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa
Los Cucos by the river, great Mexican food!

Larry's is much better...they are located caddycorner to Los Cucos. Larry's is more authentic, whereas Los Cucos tastes processed. The chips and salsa at Larry's are great, and the fajitas are da bomb.

tigerfan09
10-01-2009, 08:25 PM
You're finally back! I figured after missing on your predicitons against Bellville's baseball team last spring you'd never show your face on a Bellville thread again!

But, it's nice to see you picking against the Brahmas again. It always seems to come out in our favor! ;)

I was waiting for folks to start wondering where I was! I predict that Bellville ends up 3rd in their district at best.

GO TIGERS!

SHSBulldog00
10-01-2009, 08:26 PM
Larry's is the place to go in Wharton.

navscanmaster
10-01-2009, 08:55 PM
Please don't let this become Smoaky. The only thing I hate more than people blasting coaches is coaches blasting people for having opinions. We all have our ideas of how we would like to formulate a game plan against opponents, and this is as good a place as any to discuss them. As long as we are within the rules of the forum, i.e. no personal attacks, which I deplore, what is wrong with sharing our ideas about what we like to see from our offense? No offense *snicker* to the coaches on this board, as I have personally met or played for some of you, but if the sportswriters, fantasy players, and talking heads on ESPN can analyze and break down a gameplan, why can't we?

duckhunter
10-01-2009, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Please don't let this become Smoaky. The only thing I hate more than people blasting coaches is coaches blasting people for having opinions. We all have our ideas of how we would like to formulate a game plan against opponents, and this is as good a place as any to discuss them. As long as we are within the rules of the forum, i.e. no personal attacks, which I deplore, what is wrong with sharing our ideas about what we like to see from our offense? No offense *snicker* to the coaches on this board, as I have personally met or played for some of you, but if the sportswriters, fantasy players, and talking heads on ESPN can analyze and break down a gameplan, why can't we?

because 95% of the people on this board are insecure.

OldBison75
10-01-2009, 09:41 PM
The funny thing about posting our opinions on what our team should do is that we are given the privelege of seeing what worked in the last game and what did not. If the coach could look into a crystal ball and know that a play would fail, I bet he would not try it. But ain't it human nature to be critical and think we are really smarter? I mean, hell, I know that I can find more ways to let Tony Romo throw interceptions than Wade Phillips and Jerry Jones just won't return my calls.

beastyboyz
10-01-2009, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by 11as1
my thoughts on this game are that the bulls should come out with a win. notice i say should but it's football and anything can happen. plus wharton can be a good ball club as they hung with the bulls in the playoffs last year, and this years bulls are extremely OVER RATED!!!!! however i can't go against them. good luck to both teams and play injury free

So why is bellville so "over rated" too u??

navscanmaster
10-01-2009, 10:00 PM
So why is bellville so "over rated" too u??

I hear you. People don't realize that when you play a team that is that close to you in distance (BR), there is always a sort of rivalry. Plus the kids have been playing against each other and know what the others are capable of without watching film. How could BR play Bellville a closer game on the road than the other BR, Bryan Rudder? Simple, they were inspired. You can't just assume a ranked team will blow out all their competition. That ranking comes with a bulls eye (no pun intended) and a heap of expectations.

11as1
10-01-2009, 10:20 PM
they are simply over rated to me because they are. they were believed to have as good as if not better than the team that went to the semi's ha what a joke. also, the game against br was pathetic and bellville's worst showing in a long time. and this is only the second time in about 15 years they've played each other so they don't know what to expect. also you are right a ranking comes with a bulls eye but if you can't handle the bulls eye you shouldn't be ranked IMO. rankings are meant for the best and of now bellville doesn't fit in that catagory

OldBison75
10-01-2009, 10:30 PM
And I will say again that I watched Bellville vs Navasota and saw alot of good things from Bellville. They have all the ingredients for a very good team. Good offensive line, good running backs, a more than adequate QB and some pretty good receivers. Defensively, they are above average overall with some of the best linebackers in 3A. The one weakness on defense may be the secondary against bigger receivers. Yes, Navasota beat them by 10 in Bellville, but I don't think that is a reflection on Bellville as much as it is a reflection of how well Navasota played that night.

Is Bellville overrated, I don't know yet. I will have to see how they play against Giddings, LaGrange, Sealy, and Columbus before I can safely say. I expect them to lose at least one of those because all four are good enough to advance a long way in the playoffs. Bellville will probably finish second in that district and will probably go three or four round in the playoffs. I think if that is overrated, then about 100 teams in the state would like to trade with them.

beastyboyz
10-01-2009, 10:42 PM
I like the way navscanmaster post, he's thinkin just how I'm thinkin...

And 11asl I'm guessing u don't know that brookshire has a coach that coached at bellville for a few years...I'm sure they had a little more insight than most others...just because bellville played bad against brookshire, tht doesn't mean their over rated.. Wow...wht does a score have to do with that...dude be real with yourself...

Great post oldbison...bellville and navasota are to great teams, both of them played their hearts out that game...I think both teams will do deep in the playoffs

Gators17
10-02-2009, 02:52 AM
I like the way navscanmaster post, he's thinkin just how I'm thinkin...

And 11asl I'm guessing u don't know that brookshire has a coach that coached at bellville for a few years...I'm sure they had a little more insight than most others...just because bellville played bad against brookshire, tht doesn't mean their over rated.. Wow...wht does a score have to do with that...dude be real with yourself...

Great post oldbison...bellville and navasota are to great teams, both of them played their hearts out that game...I think both teams will do deep in the playoffs
28-26 against Caldwell after being the #6 team in the state, losing to Navasota at home while still being ranked #6 in the state.. edging Royal in overtime still ranked in the top 20 in the state. How does any of that not mean overrated? To be one of the top teams in the state you must prove yourself by winning convincingly, not going to overtime with a team who won't make it past the 1st round of playoffs, if they make the playoffs, at HOME. You, my friend, need to be real with yourself and wake up. Bellville is a good team, don't get me wrong, they have TONS of talent, but coaching and execution have to be there along with talent and right now, it's not. Bellville will be lucky to get third in district, but I really hope they prove me wrong.

rancher
10-02-2009, 07:48 AM
I have to agree, in what I have seen thus far, they will be the 4th place team in the district. It will be 1)Giddings 2)LaGrange 3)Sealy. The 2nd and 3rd place could flip flop. Bellville offense looks to be on life support.

sports mom
10-02-2009, 09:06 AM
28-26 against Caldwell after being the #6 team in the state, losing to Navasota at home while still being ranked #6 in the state.. edging Royal in overtime still ranked in the top 20 in the state. How does any of that not mean overrated? To be one of the top teams in the state you must prove yourself by winning convincingly, not going to overtime with a team who won't make it past the 1st round of playoffs, if they make the playoffs, at HOME. You, my friend, need to be real with yourself and wake up. Bellville is a good team, don't get me wrong, they have TONS of talent, but coaching and execution have to be there along with talent and right now, it's not. Bellville will be lucky to get third in district, but I really hope they prove me wrong.:clap: :iagree: :clap:

I'm guessing u don't know that brookshire has a coach that coached at bellville for a few years...I'm sure they had a little more insight than most others...just because bellville played bad against brookshire, tht doesn't mean their over rated.. Wow...wht does a score have to do with that...dude be real with yourself...:vrycnfsd:

Then how do you explain the Sealy vs. Brookshire game?
Majority of Brookshire's coaching staff is either ex-Sealy coaches or ex-Sealy students/football players. I'm sure they had just as much insight or more than the ex-Bellville football coach.

sports mom
10-02-2009, 09:21 AM
Sorry, I was interrupted while trying to post. I'm still learning.

zebrablue2
10-02-2009, 09:37 AM
I am just glad most are giving up on the brahmas before district starts. I myself have not. you all can keep your ratings, football for keeps starts next week, and the bulls will be ready, just wait and see....:2thumbsup:

Bulligator
10-02-2009, 10:08 AM
Greetings from the Brazos Bottom. I’ve been trying to maintain my silence for a few days, but with some of the posts this morning, I can’t help myself. If I was a recovering addict or suicide candidate, and some of you were my psychiatrist, I would go on and overdose or pull the trigger. So what did everyone expect this year from the Brahmas? Were they supposed to blow out all the competition, have a shutout every game, and have the third string in by halftime? Look people, Bellville just lost the man that led their team the past 14 years. Can we say some things may have changed? Is the new coach a clone? Is Huey still calling the plays? If you remember, the announcement of the new coach took place in late June. Not an optimal time to get situated and get the new staff in place. Naysayers will say that since they hired from within there should no excuses for a new staff. I disagree. Every new administration goes through growing pains and learning to work together. Let’s not write off the team just yet. Bellville has the athletes and coaching staff to be successful, and they will be. Win or lose, this old man will be sitting in the stands supporting the Brahmas. I invite the people of Bellville to join me.

BrahmaMom
10-02-2009, 10:13 AM
I'll be right there with you, Bulligator! We have the talent and have seen improvement over the past few weeks. I will not write off the Brahmas. I think this week has been a turning point for the team, despite injuries and illness. Wake-up calls are a good thing. Mental toughness is acquired and comes more slowly with some than with others. A young team requires some time and patience. Go get the Tigers tonight, Bulls!! GO BRAHMAS!!

trg
10-02-2009, 10:29 AM
I'm with ya'll Bulligator and BrahmaMom!!!! Win or lose I always pull for the Bulls!!!! But I have faith in this team and I think we are going to surprise all these naysayers.

9 Hours and counting till KICK OFF!!!! Go Brahmas!!

Bull's-eye
10-02-2009, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by trg
I'm with ya'll Bulligator and BrahmaMom!!!! Win or lose I always pull for the Bulls!!!! But I have faith in this team and I think we are going to surprise all these naysayers. Go Brahmas!!

Same here, I believe this team can be something special. I do my share of critiquing, but will also praise & point out the positives. This team needs to start taking care of business, team captains must start leading this team & their teammates must follow in their footsteps. Throw away those rankings & press clippings, let's get fired up for every opponent. Go Bulls!! :flaming: :flaming: :flaming:

hookandladder
10-02-2009, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Same here, I believe this team can be something special. I do my share of critiquing, but will also praise & point out the positives. This team needs to start taking care of business, team captains must start leading this team & their teammates must follow in their footsteps. Throw away those rankings & press clippings, let's get fired up for every opponent. Go Bulls!! :flaming: :flaming: :flaming:

Tonight's game for Bellville will tell us fans where the Bulls stand in our District, Smithville I am pretty sure beat Wharton pretty handedly. So if Bellville has trouble with Wharton than the Bulls are still in a growing process with their first District game next week, do not try to say comparing opponents to each team means nothing. It does tell you alot.

Gators17
10-02-2009, 01:59 PM
I'm not giving up on the bulls one bit. The point I'm trying to get across here is the way they've been playing thus far is completely overrated. I, for one, know the talent they have on that football team and know if they had the right leaders and coaching to go along with it, they could go very, very deep into the playoffs. This group of seniors went 30-0 (if I'm not mistaken which I very well could be) 7-9th grade in the system that was here previously, but football is more than just being the most talented football team on the field. From what I've seen so far this year the offensive play calling seems to be the same 7-8 plays over and over again and hell, you don't have to be the Gilmer's or the Abiline Wylie's to stop the same 7 plays the whole game.

To sum up my rant, the bulls just need to be more diverse in their play calling and everything will fall into place. But for now, I've gotta run there's a grill full of fish and a fridge full of beer I've got to tend to! :)

D4C
10-02-2009, 03:01 PM
haha this is funny to read, Bellville is a good team no lie, not everyone is just suppose to blowout anybody just because they are ranked. anyone can get beat at any given time. last year when i played in this game, u could feel the sense of a rivalry when i had never played them before or heard of them for most of my life. the playoffs were the same thing. I'm pullin for my Wharton Tigers, i rep my school with pride and dont down them just cuz they might not play that good one game out of the season, thats what a real fan does

BrahmaMom
10-02-2009, 04:09 PM
Bull's-Eye, I LOVE the way you talk!!! You are dead-on! Let's go, Brahmas! Get fired up and take care of business--and each other-- on and off the field!! Let the Red Storm loose tonight!

Blackcat1954
10-02-2009, 04:23 PM
Game will be broadcast on FM 92.5 in Bay City and over the net
http://www.kkhafm.com/

beastyboyz
10-02-2009, 04:30 PM
28-26 against Caldwell after being the #6 team in the state, losing to Navasota at home while still being ranked #6 in the state.. edging Royal in overtime still ranked in the top 20 in the state. How does any of that not mean overrated? To be one of the top teams in the state you must prove yourself by winning convincingly, not going to overtime with a team who won't make it past the 1st round of playoffs, if they make the playoffs, at HOME. You, my friend, need to be real with yourself and wake up. Bellville is a good team, don't get me wrong, they have TONS of talent, but coaching and execution have to be there along with talent and right now, it's not. Bellville will be lucky to get third in district, but I really hope they prove me wrong.
Wow, sealy is sealy, bellville is bellville....u acting like caldwell and navasota are pushovers for any team.

wow sealy put up big numbers, whooo yay for them, they also gave up 400 rushin yards....and almost 40 points, no team has scored over 28 on bellville...

Anybody with football knowlege would kno that the score starts 0-0 with any team capable of winning...the game can go either way...

Gators17
10-02-2009, 05:27 PM
Wow, sealy is sealy, bellville is bellville....u acting like caldwell and navasota are pushovers for any team.

wow sealy put up big numbers, whooo yay for them, they also gave up 400 rushin yards....and almost 40 points, no team has scored over 28 on bellville...

Anybody with football knowlege would kno that the score starts 0-0 with any team capable of winning...the game can go either way...

Where did Sealy come into this equation? But since you brought it up, you're right no team has scored more than 28 on Bellville, but no team has scored more than Sealy in a single game (hence, they're undefeated, Bellville is not.) :doh:

tigerfan09
10-02-2009, 09:21 PM
Bellville 28 Wharton 6 - 3rd quarter

Wharton is headed to a 0-4 start to the 2009 season...

sports mom
10-02-2009, 09:27 PM
Made the drive to Wharton to watch Bellville.

OMG!........Only parents must have come to the game. Bellville has hardly any fan support.

This is a very, very, very lopsided game. When you have 26 Srs playing a bunch of Sophs, yes you will go away with a win. Wharton's team is very small and young. This being confirmed by a Wharton fan.

Sorry, Bramaha fans, I am not impressed yet.:(

navscanmaster
10-02-2009, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by sports mom

OMG!........Only parents must have come to the game. Bellville has hardly any fan support.

This is a very, very, very lopsided game. When you have 26 Srs playing a bunch of Sophs, yes you will go away with a win. Wharton's team is very small and young. This being confirmed by a Wharton fan.

I don't know why you would get the impression that Bellville has hardly any fan support. They have one of the biggest followings in the state in 3A. Baseball is good in Bellville, but Football absolutely dominates Austin County. I have never been to a Bellville game that did not have 2-3 thousand fans, at least.

By the way, it sounds like Wharton is young, but Bellville is winning this one soundly because they are a very well rounded team with a salty defense. Give credit where credit is due.

tigerfan09
10-02-2009, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
I don't know why you would get the impression that Bellville has hardly any fan support. They have one of the biggest followings in the state in 3A. Baseball is good in Bellville, but Football absolutely dominates Austin County. I have never been to a Bellville game that did not have 2-3 thousand fans, at least.

By the way, it sounds like Wharton is young, but Bellville is winning this one soundly because they are a very well rounded team with a salty defense. Give credit where credit is due.

How do you explain the lack of Bellville fans in Wharton tonight, then? Were they listening to Randy Reets call the game on the radio?

navscanmaster
10-02-2009, 10:37 PM
How do you explain the lack of Bellville fans in Wharton tonight, then? Were they listening to Randy Reets call the game on the radio?

Obviously, I was not there, so I cannot explain anything. All I can say is that I reiterate what I just said. Take it how you want.

OldBison75
10-02-2009, 10:43 PM
Or maybe some Bellville fans figured this was an easy win and went to watch another team they will play down the line!!!!

Reds fan
10-02-2009, 11:02 PM

First, thanks for your prediction!

Second, to answer your question about fan support, perhaps the opening of deer season? For archery that is. :D

Brahma84
10-02-2009, 11:32 PM
from the Houston Chronicle:

Scoring summary
BLV -- Jacquez Polk 61-yard interception return (Tucker Hardie kick), 04:49, 1st.
WHA -- Andrew Cruz 52-yard run (kick failed), 03:02, 1st.
BLV -- Josh Browning 3-yard run (Tucker Hardie kick), 11:15, 2nd.
BLV -- Josh Browning 5-yard run (Tucker Hardie kick), 07:31, 2nd.
BLV -- Grant Jackson 15-yard interception return (Tucker Hardie kick), 03:43, 2nd.
BLV -- Kyle Mueller 2-yard run (Tucker Hardie kick), 05:59, 3rd.
WHA -- Deshavian Williams 56-yard run (run failed), 11:04, 4th.
BLV -- Jonathan Gilmore 4-yard run (Tucker Hardie kick), 02:34, 4th.

Team Stats
Bellville Wharton
Total yards 246 243
First downs 13 10
Rushes/Yds 43/207 31/195
Average rush 4.81 6.29
Comp/Atts 5/6/0 4/13/3
Pass yards 39 48
Comp pct 83.33 30.77
Fumbles/Lost 2/1 4/1
Penalties-yards 6-40 7-46

beastyboyz
10-02-2009, 11:34 PM
Great game by the brahmas....
The defense and the offense looked good out there....

Bellville has a high level of speed, this could be a big factor come district!

zebrablue2
10-03-2009, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by sports mom

well get yourself ready to be impressed. the real games start next friday.. thanks for making the trip. the pasture will be packed next friday night!! congrats to the bulls...

Bull's-eye
10-03-2009, 12:05 AM
Bellville had their way with a not so good Wharton team. The defense accounted for 2 TD's, the first coming on a 61 yard pick by #9 Polk. Bellville's #21 Jackson went 15 yards on a late 2nd quarter interception for another score. Bellville's offense didn't have a big night, but that was largely due to them reaping the rewards of 4 turnovers by the defense. I liked the way the coaches called some higher percentage pass plays, even incorporating a short pass to the TE. These are the type of plays that will give some continuity to the offense & keep moving the chains. I did have a problem with time management in the last 2 minutes of the first half. Bellville forced Wharton to punt, but failed to stop the clock with a timeout. The clock ticked off about 25 seconds before Bellville received the punt. The Brahmas went to their hurry up offense, actually scoring on a long run, but a penalty nullified the TD. Later in the drive, they let valuable seconds run off the clock by not calling the timeout as the play ended. These little blunders could cost this team victory in a much closer game.

beastyboyz
10-03-2009, 12:42 AM
Bellville had their way with a not so good Wharton team. The defense accounted for 2 TD's, the first coming on a 61 yard pick by #9 Polk. Bellville's #21 Jackson went 15 yards on a late 2nd quarter interception for another score. Bellville's offense didn't have a big night, but that was largely due to them reaping the rewards of 4 turnovers by the defense. I liked the way the coaches called some higher percentage pass plays, even incorporating a short pass to the TE. These are the type of plays that will give some continuity to the offense & keep moving the chains. I did have a problem with time management in the last 2 minutes of the first half. Bellville forced Wharton to punt, but failed to stop the clock with a timeout. The clock ticked off about 25 seconds before Bellville received the punt. The Brahmas went to their hurry up offense, actually scoring on a long run, but a penalty nullified the TD. Later in the drive, they let valuable seconds run off the clock by not calling the timeout as the play ended. These little blunders could cost this team victory in a much closer game.

Yea I agree, the defense had their way with wharton, guess that's why they moved #9 to LB, so he can use quickness to stunt, and also to get back in coverage, #21 and #36 both had pretty good nights, looks like their starting to get #36 in the running game a bit more. Mueller threw great balls, and the recievers caught good. Overall good game by the brahmas!

BrahmaMom
10-03-2009, 12:52 AM
Congrats to the Brahmas. The old saying "Defense wins ballgames" may be more than a little true for this team this season. Defense will never be accused of losing a game for the Bulls. Fair Week and District next week. I hope the priorities are in the right place.

Bull's-eye
10-03-2009, 01:05 AM
Did anybody see where Bellville accepted a penalty, even though they had held Wharton to 4th & 10? This gave Wharton 3rd & 20 from their own 15 and another shot at getting the first down. Bellville did end up intercepting the ball, but shouldn't you make the opposing team punt instead of allowing them one more play to get the first down? I could see moving them back if they were in FG range, but can't find the logic with this decision.

beastyboyz
10-03-2009, 08:42 AM
I remember the call....the only logic I could see in that, is that the defense had been stopping wharton allnight, so the coach probably was thinkin on a more field position perspective....you kno?

D4C
10-03-2009, 10:06 AM
ggod job Bellville nice game. i really didnt kno how small of a team Wharton actually is until one of my friends told me, its not an excuse cuz anybody can be beatin at any given time. well, district starts next week gonna see if anything paid off from having a pretty tough scheduele before district.

T-I-G E-R-S fight TIGERS fight!!!!

Bull's-eye
10-03-2009, 04:37 PM
Yea I agree, the defense had their way with wharton, guess that's why they moved #9 to LB, so he can use quickness to stunt, and also to get back in coverage, #21 and #36 both had pretty good nights, looks like their starting to get #36 in the running game a bit more. Mueller threw great balls, and the recievers caught good. Overall good game by the brahmas!

Yes, I liked the moving of #9 to LB. He has shown the ability to be a great run stopper, especially going side to side. He can pressure the QB or drop back in coverage. Bellville coaches did a good job of confusing the Tiger offense by stunting their LB's. Both #9 and #21 made interceptions by dropping back in coverage. IMO, #18 looks like a ball hawk at safety.

This was a good game for Mueller. I like the way the coaches called more higher percentage type passes. Getting the QB into a good groove makes a big difference. Once we get the defenses to tighten up their pass coverage, there will be some great opportunities to go deep. One thing I hadn't noticed before tonight's game was the Bellville offense hurrying to the line of scrimmage. This seems to always catch the opposing defense off guard. Glad to see that still in the playbook

beastyboyz
10-03-2009, 04:55 PM
Yes, I liked the moving of #9 to LB. He has shown the ability to be a great run stopper, especially going side to side. He can pressure the QB or drop back in coverage. Bellville coaches did a good job of confusing the Tiger offense by stunting their LB's. Both #9 and #21 made interceptions by dropping back in coverage. IMO, #18 looks like a ball hawk at safety.

This was a good game for Mueller. I like the way the coaches called more higher percentage type passes. Getting the QB into a good groove makes a big difference. Once we get the defenses to tighten up their pass coverage, there will be some great opportunities to go deep. One thing I hadn't noticed before tonight's game was the Bellville offense hurrying to the line of scrimmage. This seems to always catch the opposing defense off guard. Glad to see that still in the playbook

Great choice of words bullseye, #9 showed great speed both east west and north south...showed a lot of versatility...#36 had and average game, teams are starting to block him more now...#21 made some great plays....only thing tht concerns me sometimes is the defenses ability to contain....but I'm sure they will be okay!

I noticed the backs running a bit harder...mueller threw great passes...

Go bellville!! whooo