PDA

View Full Version : To our new Sealy posters

pirate4state
09-27-2009, 11:29 AM
Welcome. I didn't want to bog down the Bellville thread with anymore Sealy talk.

I will support whatever town the Mitchell's coach in! He & his staff that were here in Sinton for so many years are great friends. What kind of friend would I be if I didn't support them?! Some people are so touchy. :D

Welcome to the board and GO TIGERS!

Crasher
09-27-2009, 11:40 AM
Not touchy, just live in sealy, used to coach there and I was wondering why all the sinton people care about Sealy more than their own team. I notice that there is very little posted about Sinton HS football on here.

LE Dad
09-27-2009, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Some people are so touchy. :D

On 3ADL?? :confused: :confused:

:eek: :eek:

beastyboyz
09-27-2009, 11:45 AM
As a poster, I feel that any poster can post where ever they want to post....this keeps it interesting sometime...

Keep posting ha

pirate4state
09-27-2009, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Crasher
Not touchy, just live in sealy, used to coach there and I was wondering why all the sinton people care about Sealy more than their own team. I notice that there is very little posted about Sinton HS football on here. Don't say "all the Sinton" people. It's ME. I've known Mitchell & his family for years. I care about how Sealy does because Cass plays and his dad & uncle are his coaches. Sheesh! I wouldn't expect you to understand.

AND I do post about Sinton football. I just don't need to go on & on about it all week. I post 2-3 things before the game and 1-2 things after. No need to say the same things 100 different ways, IMO.

And really, this year, I've stayed away from the Sealy/Bellville talk. Both teams have great programs & coaches and I wish them well, but I'll be rooting for the TIGERS!

44INAROW
09-27-2009, 11:57 AM
Not touchy, just live in sealy, used to coach there and I was wondering why all the sinton people care about Sealy more than their own team. I notice that there is very little posted about Sinton HS football on here.

let me get this straight in my head
you used to coach in Sealy and now obviously coach at BR - so you wonder why Sinton friends of the current Sealy coach follow his team. I just don't see the problem.

sinton66
09-27-2009, 11:57 AM

No posting about Sinton???? Boy are YOU a newbie.:D

LE Dad
09-27-2009, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Crasher I notice that there is very little posted about Sinton HS football on here. HUH??:vrycnfsd: :vrycnfsd:

:D I see Sinton threads every week :thinking:

beastyboyz
09-27-2009, 12:08 PM
"Beef" between the sealy, sinton, maybe BR. Posters,

I'll just sit back and watch for a while...lol

Green Bling
09-27-2009, 12:10 PM
Sinton fans are great supporters of their Pirates. Have known that since the 1960s when we(Donna Redskins) often met the Pirates in post-district play. Also really appreciate the support the Sinton posters offer to the Gobblers. We were talking about that at our M&G Friday night. :D

pirate4state
09-27-2009, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by beastyboyz
"Beef" between the sealy, sinton, maybe BR. Posters,

I'll just sit back and watch for a while...lol

I don't have the problem. LOL. I'm just supporting my friends in Sealy and Crasher took issue. OH WELL --- please see my avatar!

beastyboyz
09-27-2009, 12:19 PM
I don't have the problem. LOL. I'm just supporting my friends in Sealy and Crasher took issue. OH WELL --- please see my avatar!

Lol I don't have a problem with anybody from any town postings on different town threads,

I watch a lot of football and I post on any thread that I think is interesting...

Good luck to every team in D25 whoop whoop!

lulu
09-27-2009, 02:24 PM
We've had this "posting on someone elses thread before"

Just for the record : I may show up most anywhere. Sometimes cause I see a poster that I like on a thread . Sometimes because I have an interest in a team where I have friends. Sometimes because a team is in our district. We are all the Downlow and we are all here, I hope, to be social. So if we want to look and post on a particular thread it is ok. And Ranger Mom said I can:D

lulu
09-27-2009, 02:26 PM
And welcome to any newbies. Treat as you want to be treated.:)

Old Tiger
09-27-2009, 02:31 PM
I like their mattresses

lulu
09-27-2009, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
I like their mattresses

Only you would come up with that:rolleyes:

Crasher
09-27-2009, 03:20 PM
i dont coach at BR.. i dont coach anywhere anymore. What i was asking was why does someone from so far away get so involved in the daily talk about the sealy tigers? sinton has to be at least 150 miles away...it just seems stranget to me. And i must be blind because I dont ever see posts about the sinton pirates............

sinton66
09-27-2009, 03:24 PM
Don't know what to tell ya, but with one of the owners, an ex-mod and about 30 members from Sinton, there are plenty of them.
There's two threads on the first page now.

pirate4state
09-27-2009, 03:27 PM
i dont coach at BR.. i dont coach anywhere anymore. What i was asking was why does someone from so far away get so involved in the daily talk about the sealy tigers? sinton has to be at least 150 miles away...it just seems stranget to me. And i must be blind because I dont ever see posts about the sinton pirates............ LOL you're reaching now. I haven't posted daily, at least not about Sealy, but so what if I did! it's a DISCUSSION board! I'll say it one last time...THE MITCHELL'S ARE FRIENDSS! they lived in Sinton and were a part of our community for as long as I've been back in town (2001). you should get to an eye doctor soon.

lulu
09-27-2009, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Don't know what to tell ya, but with one of the owners, an ex-mod and about 30 members from Sinton, there are plenty of them.
There's two threads on the first page now.

And we love 'em all:D The Sinton fans are always around and not only to support their team but for everyones...long as your not playing them.:wave:

Old Green
09-27-2009, 03:36 PM
I don't have the problem. LOL. I'm just supporting my friends in Sealy and Crasher took issue. OH WELL --- please see my avatar! i like your new avatar Super Mean Girl.:D

957tiger
09-27-2009, 04:01 PM
I guess the folks who question others about posting only care about their team and no others. I enjoy the banter regarding teams from all over the state. That way when the play-offs begin I have at least some knowledge of who's who.

tiger eye
09-27-2009, 04:03 PM
Hang on to your seat cushion fans of the Brahmas,
cause if you thought BR was a pushover and you would win by 4 TD's, LaGrange is licking their chops for some fresh red meat. I think you will find the month of October very humbling to your
redefining the differences between expectations
and reality.
The poster that said BR was a different team and matched up differently with Sealy than they did
Bellville, was correct. BR found the team in Bellville much more to their caliber of play, and a significantly easier than the one south of Mill Creek they played a mere seven days earlier.
We have a great deal of respect for the players and coaches for BR, and knew exactly what you were in for, and it was not going to be a blowout that most of you expected.
Your schedule lines up Giddings, LaGrange and the Tigers all in October. Trick or Treat Brahmas.
We will be watching the scoreboard, not the posts
from 3A-downlow.
Pretty impressive grouping from 25-3A.
Great show

LE Dad
09-27-2009, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by tiger eye
cause if you thought BR was a pushover and you would win by 4 TD's, LaGrange is licking their chops for some fresh red meat. I think you will find the month of October very humbling to your
and reality.
The poster that said BR was a different team and matched up differently with Sealy than they did
Bellville, was correct. BR found the team in Bellville much more to their caliber of play, and a significantly easier than the one south of Mill Creek they played a mere seven days earlier.
We have a great deal of respect for the players and coaches for BR, and knew exactly what you were in for, and it was not going to be a blowout that most of you expected.
Your schedule lines up Giddings, LaGrange and the Tigers all in October. Trick or Treat Brahmas.
from 3A-downlow.
Great show OH....OK.....Gotcha:devil: :eek: :eek:

:vrycnfsd: :vrycnfsd: HUH??

Antec
09-27-2009, 06:44 PM
We eat in Sealy either at Tony's or that Italian food place at least three times a month.

Worth the trip from Hungerford

beastyboyz
09-27-2009, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by tiger eye
and reality.
from 3A-downlow.
Great show

So bellville has a truely bad game, and now u feel that everybody in district is going to run through them. Wow...

This the same team who beat caldwell, who put 64 on there next opponent, the same team who beat livingston who put 60 something on their next opponent, and whoa was neck and neck with a navasota team who can most in likely beat any other team in 3a in the state.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch lol..its still a long season.

957tiger
09-27-2009, 07:03 PM
I think whatever happens Bellville is going to be very supportive of their team, even going as far as saying they will blow Royal away by anywhere from 21-45 points based on previous posts and their dislike of Sealy. Even when posters warned of the Falcon speed and their ability to play hard the whole game.

Bellville posters continued to minimized Sealy and now want to call the 22-21 win in 08 a fluke. What was not a fluke was Sealy driving for a TD with under two minutes to play and capitalizing on a bad snap and winning the game on a heads up play. I wonder if Bellville had won the game in a similiar situation would that have been a fluke, or a good play

beastyboyz
09-27-2009, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by 957tiger
I think whatever happens Bellville is going to be very supportive of their team, even going as far as saying they will blow Royal away by anywhere from 21-45 points based on previous posts and their dislike of Sealy. Even when posters warned of the Falcon speed and their ability to play hard the whole game.

Bellville posters continued to minimized Sealy and now want to call the 22-21 win in 08 a fluke. What was not a fluke was Sealy driving for a TD with under two minutes to play and capitalizing on a bad snap and winning the game on a heads up play. I wonder if Bellville had won the game in a similiar situation would that have been a fluke, or a good play

Speed wasn't the factor in the game vs brookshire, it was more the offensive play calling from the bellville coach.

And I've gave BR. And sealy their props this year...I have a lot of respect for the sealy team..

And yes I'm sayin the win was a fluke, after a bad snap he just threw the ball up for hopes and yea he got lucky, but hey its over can't nobody do nothin about it...

Best of luck to sealy and the rest of D25

957tiger
09-27-2009, 08:52 PM
Would you believe me if I told you there is a play designed by Coach Mitchell with right or left side adjust to a bad snap.
And is practiced play during the week. Adjustment and the ability to overcome is what makes both Bellville and Sealy good football teams.

Gobbla2001
09-27-2009, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Antec
We eat in Sealy either at Tony's or that Italian food place at least three times a month.

Worth the trip from Hungerford

Been a while since I've been to Sealy, but you know I ate at Tony's when I was there... good food...

beastyboyz
09-27-2009, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by 957tiger
Would you believe me if I told you there is a play designed by Coach Mitchell with right or left side adjust to a bad snap.
And is practiced play during the week. Adjustment and the ability to overcome is what makes both Bellville and Sealy good football teams.

Not takin anything from mitchell, but I'm sure just about every football team has a play for a bad snap...

It just seemed like luck that sealy just threw the ball up into the endzone and somebody from sealy happened to come down with it

If I'm remembering correctly its I was about 5 brahmas and 2 tigers in the area, the ball was tipped by a brahma and went into a tigers hands, I think the tiger was #12 chase terry...

Its all over now and n the past,

Lookin foward to a crazy district this year, with a lot of upsets...
Go D25

Gobbla2001
09-27-2009, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by beastyboyz

It just seemed like luck

Ha, the "it was luck" posts always crack me up... I didn't see the play so I cannot comment on it's degree of luckiness, but that luck doesn't matter if Sealy's not in the position to win the game...

I recall Sealy losing by the same score to Cuero my senior season ('00) in OT on a play most would call luck... 21-20 Cuero goes for the extra point, it's blocked, goes into the endzone and instead of letting it drop a Sealy player attempts to catch it, he drops it, Cuero recovers and beats Sealy for the first time ever 22-21...

was it luck that a Sealy player dropped the ball? I'd say it was a good break if not luck... Personally I think it's luck the Sealy player even attempts to touch the ball, BUT, what wasn't luck was Cuero coming back from being down 14-0 with 5 left in the ball game... you set yourself up for luck to bounce your way... that luck doesn't matter if the extra point was being kicked during regulation to make the score 35-22 Sealy...

beastyboyz
09-27-2009, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

Ha, the "it was luck" posts always crack me up... I didn't see the play so I cannot comment on it's degree of luckiness, but that luck doesn't matter if Sealy's not in the position to win the game...

I recall Sealy losing by the same score to Cuero my senior season ('00) in OT on a play most would call luck... 21-20 Cuero goes for the extra point, it's blocked, goes into the endzone and instead of letting it drop a Sealy player attempts to catch it, he drops it, Cuero recovers and beats Sealy for the first time ever 22-21...

was it luck that a Sealy player dropped the ball? I'd say it was a good break if not luck... Personally I think it's luck the Sealy player even attempts to touch the ball, BUT, what wasn't luck was Cuero coming back from being down 14-0 with 5 left in the ball game... you set yourself up for luck to bounce your way... that luck doesn't matter if the extra point was being kicked during regulation to make the score 35-22 Sealy... [/B]
I played football back in my day, my coaches always taught the players tht if its blocked and it beyond the LOS to just leave it alone, so that was just a risk that that player took....lol

If it will make the sealy posters feel a bit better, and get em off my bacc, lol I'll reword my statement,
"after a bad snap sealy threw the ball into the endzone and after being tipped by a brahma(here it goes) a sealy player happened to be in the right place to make the play...it was not luck, just good awareness by the sealy player

Gobbla2001
09-27-2009, 09:31 PM
Not saying it wasn't a lucky play, but when after a loss the main comment from the losing side is "that play was lucky" I get a chuckle... had Bellville scored 28 points instead of 21, that luck wouldn't matter...

Gobbla2001
09-27-2009, 09:33 PM
And I'm not rallying against Bellville or siding with Sealy here... just saw one of my pet peeves and commented on it... not trying to be a butt... this game was last year anyway no big deal...

LE Dad
09-27-2009, 09:51 PM
And I'm not rallying against Bellville or siding with Sealy here... just saw one of my pet peeves and commented on it... not trying to be a butt... this game was last year anyway no big deal... :iagree: :clap: :clap:

beastyboyz
09-27-2009, 10:51 PM
And I'm not rallying against Bellville or siding with Sealy here... just saw one of my pet peeves and commented on it... not trying to be a butt... this game was last year anyway no big deal... I agree with ur post too. I understand, if it was wanna my peeves then I would feel the same way.

Like some of the sealy posters are all down my back for a few choice word lol. They need to look at it from both sides...

Its just a message board, lol...

It feels good to sit down at my pc and talk football with some ppl who have good football sense.