PDA

View Full Version : Ballinger/Kennedale Thoughts

vet93
11-24-2002, 01:04 AM
A good, hard fought game. Hats off to both teams for playing clean football. I have read some posts from Kennedale fans saying that their coaching was poor. I have to disagree. The Kennedale linemen came off the ball well and held their blocks well. The backs ran north and south with clean, precise play fakes. The kicking game was sound. There were very few penalities. The list goes on. These things don't just happen. They have to be coached. It is always easy to second guess after the fact. If Kennedale had blown out Ballinger with the same game plan nobody would have been complaining. The only thing that I might have changed had I been calling the plays for Kennedale would have been to open up the offense a little bit and I would have handled the play calling-time management a little different at the end of regulation. Apparently the same plays have been working all year...so why change them. I think that Kennedale underestimated Ballinger a little bit. Ballinger doesn't have alot of speed but they are quick, tenacious, well coached, tackle well and take good angles. There offense is not flashy, but it can score when it has to. We played a pretty conservative game plan as well. I was very impressed with the backs for Kennedale...all of them. The tight end and quarterback are a great passing combo. I was very proud of Ballinger's effort in facing a very talented team form Kennedale. My greatest fear is that this win will take alot out of the kids emotionally in preparation for Greenwood. However, that is part of the playoffs. To Kennedale...you have nothing to hang your head about, you never gave up and could have won the game had things gone your way here and there. With the talent you have coming back and the coaching that you have I expect great things from you guys next year. You will be a force to reckon with...Good Luck from a tired but happy bearcat fan!

sinton66
11-24-2002, 01:29 AM
Congratulations Vet93 and the Bearcats. Job well done, and an impressive victory.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-24-2002, 01:59 AM
Vet93 you guys need one more win and I may be able to catch the next one. Midland is too far for me to drive, so I'll be pulling for you guys to keep on winning. It is great to see a team that plays so well together. Congrats to your team~ I must say that it sucks watching basketball now~