PDA

View Full Version : Week 5 - Lib Hill @ Burnet

K-MAC Chuck
09-26-2009, 09:06 PM
Whether this turns out to be the Region I GOW or not, I think this game will mean a LOT to both teams playing..

For Burnet: The loss to Wimberley surprised A LOT of people! The Bulldogs will no doubt be fired up after that tough loss. A win puts them "back on track" with expectations; a loss gives them question marks about what was a decent non-district run (IMHO). I'm not a Burnet "expert" so I look forward to feedback/thoughts from the Burnet community..

For Liberty Hill: This is another "barometer" game. The win over Fredericksburg wasn't as impressive as the score would lead you to believe; however, the Panthers showed signs of "growing together" as a team in a good second half, when they outscored Fred. by a 21-0 count. The Panthers are a team still trying to find its identity; its also a team battling the recent "ghosts" of 2 state championships and a run to the state semifinals.

As if that's not enough, this LH-Burnet is a GREAT neighborhood rivalry! You can usually throw out the records when these two schools meet - whether its the football field, the basketbal court, the baseball/softball field, the tennis court, whatever...

Looking forward to this one...

Old Dog
09-26-2009, 09:43 PM
Burnet has played several "almost came back" games in the last couple of years and it's starting to worry me. I do know the Bulldogs depth is in short supply and the QB got put out of the game against Wimberley.

Looking4number8
09-27-2009, 08:18 AM
This is a tough one. I think LH is a little better team but after LH squeaked in the win last year, Burnet really wants some revenge... Gonna be a great game for sure!

sinton66
09-27-2009, 08:31 AM
Sooner or later, LH is going to get it all together, why not now? I'll go with LH for the win.

wimbo_pro
09-27-2009, 10:38 AM
I gotta go with Burnet on this one. Nothing against LH, I just bet Burnet (at home) is gonna come out swinging. I would fear a Burnet that is angry AND hitting all cylinders.

olddog73
09-27-2009, 10:40 AM
I'm hoping the Wimberly loss will be a big wake up call to the Bulldogs. It seems a number of Burnet people have been taking this game for granted, and as many Liberty Hill people that have done this in the past can tell you, this is a very dangerious thing to do in this game.

This game is special to both teams and taking the game for granted on either side is a dangerious thing to do, kind of like running up to a rattle snake you've just killed, thinking it's the only one in the grass.:eek:

Word of the wise to Burnet, don't get caught up in believing all your press reports this year, it's a good way to lose touch with reality.