PDA

View Full Version : Great 1956 Randolph Scott movie Seven Men From Now

PhiI C
09-26-2009, 01:27 PM
is now available at youtube. Just go to youtube and on search type in Seven Men From Now 1956 Part 1. It is shown in 8 parts of 9 to 10 minutes each. This is a great western worth seeing. Just watch part 1 and if it doesn't get your interest you can avoid the rest of it but I am sure if you watch it you will want to continue.
This movie was produced by John Wayne's production company and distributed by Warner Brothers. John Wayne originally was to play Randolph Scott's role but he was busy with making the great movie The Searchers so he chose his good friend Scott to make the movie and a great choice it was indeed. Scott is great in this movie.
Randolph Scott plays former Sheriff Ben Stirde who is after 7 outlaws who robbed an express company in which Scott's wife was killed by a stray bullet. He not only is after the men responsible for her death but he also wants to return the strong box they took that has $20,000 in it (remember that was a lot of money back in the old west). He forms an uneasy reliance with Lee Marvin who plays Masters who is a small town outlaw that Scott once arrested. Marvin is also outstanding in this one and he and Scott are great in their scenes together. One can tell the alliance will end in a showdown when they get the robbers and the money because Masters wants the money for himself while Stride wants to return it to Wells Fargo. Gail Russell is also in the movie as Annie Greer.
This is a great movie which concludes with a final showdown with Scott and Marvin as one expects but I won't tell you who wins. It is a devastating showdown. Even without it the movie is great and you will like it but the showdown makes it work. If you haven't seen it before and you have time please watch it from the beginning part to the end. You are in for a treat if you haven't seen this one. Enjoy.

IrishTex
09-26-2009, 01:39 PM
I'm still waiting on Dawn at Socorro.. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW7Qd1gDiHg)

:rolleyes:

:D

PhiI C
09-27-2009, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex
I'm still waiting on Dawn at Socorro.. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW7Qd1gDiHg)

:rolleyes:

:D

Be patient Irish! I am sure TCM or someone will be showing it again soon. I will watch out and announce it.