PDA

View Full Version : Cuero's QB

maroogreen
09-26-2009, 10:56 AM
I enjoyed the game last night. I thought the Gobblers came out flat the first half but readjusted well in the second.

Some players did not live up to the hype last night, but I realize everyone is entitled to an "off" game.

But I came home even more impressed with Tyler Arndt than I was before. The kid has an amazing arm, accuracy, and a good sense of the field and his teammates' capabilities. He has every right in the world to be a D1 prospect. He has grown "into" himself both as an athlete and as a leader.

Just very, very impressed.

He also has a nice stable of receivers, an area in which Cuero is sometimes weak.

12thMan
09-26-2009, 11:13 AM
It was one of his best games I have seen him have. LV did a good job stopping the rushing attack of Cuero's. That gave Tyler a chance to show what he can do.

GreenMachine
09-26-2009, 12:26 PM
Tyler is the real deal. Didn't see the game last night, but in the rain against Devine, he was amazing!!! Of course, we could all see this coming his soph. year. D1... no doubt!

bp80884
09-26-2009, 12:31 PM
We played Cuero about 2 years ago and tyler was awesome then. I would hate to face him now.

If i remember correctly he did not throw an interception that year (or very few).

Great job and seems to be a great kid!

headhunter
09-26-2009, 12:42 PM
Vanderbilt thinks he is worthy to be a D1 QB, they they got a front row look when he threw that TD pass to Blaschke in the 1st qtr.

Like I said, Cuero was not going to pound the ball over a bigger strong LaVernia team, they can clog up the middle. It just took us a little while to figure out that we had to use the pass to set up the run. 3 TD's in 7 minutes in the 3rd qtr, LV had no idea what just hit them.

I really think, If Cuero wanted, they could throw the ball for 400+ yards every night, the only problem is we would probably get a bad rapp for scoring to many points. AND there has been no shortage of good quality WR in Cuero in the past 7 years, they have sent one to Texas State, and one to University of Richmond, two tight end to UH and Baylor. Also many other WR have got the job done. NO shortage of talent, just depends on how we choose to use it.

Jackson also makes Tyler that much better and visversa Tyler makes Jackson that much better.

maroogreen
09-26-2009, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by headhunter
AND there has been no shortage of good quality WR in Cuero in the past 7 years, they have sent one to Texas State, and one to University of Richmond, two tight end to UH and Baylor. Also many other WR have got the job done. NO shortage of talent, just depends on how we choose to use it.

Oh, I know who we've sent on. I just think this group has better hands overall. Of course, it could be a combination of better hands and overall throwing accuracy.

XtremeCouture
09-26-2009, 01:41 PM
seriously cuero has been blessed with great qb's and receivers since 2004

44INAROW
09-26-2009, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by XtremeCouture
seriously cuero has been blessed with great qb's and receivers since 2004

I agree 100% with you!

Last night (3rd quarter) was fun to watch!

A comment I'd like to make - has anyone noticed that when Tyler is interviewed for the newspaper or for TV - he is always quick to praise the line and the receivers/backs. His comments are also sincere! He is not a "it's all about me" player. He's a class act and a TEAM PLAYER and I don't use that term loosely!

GO MEAN GREEN :)

12thMan
09-26-2009, 02:26 PM
Yes, we have always have had good receivers in the past. This year we have one of the best group of WR we have had in quite some time. In the past, teams could focus on #8, #6, or #2, and double team 'em, not this year. We are spreading the ball around so much teams can't focus on one go to guy. This is a different group of Gobbler's that were watching on Friday night's than in recent history. That was a total team effort in the 2nd half.

Getting back to Tyler, he is a true leader on and off the field.

Brahma84
09-26-2009, 03:17 PM
Arndt played summer baseball with some of our Bellville guys, and if he wants, he could probably play both football and baseball in college. He seemed like a great kid on and off the field. Good luck to him, he has a very bright future.

12thMan
09-26-2009, 05:42 PM
I hope he goes football though.

R4Editor
09-26-2009, 06:09 PM
He makes great decisions.
He's deceptively fast and is a bona fide run threat...ie: Sealy in the playoffs last year.
Accurate and hard thrower yet has great touch as evidenced by his 3 TD passes last night.

But, more than anything, he makes it look easy and because of that some seem to under rate how good he really is.

I'd like to see him play big time college football.

Antec
09-26-2009, 08:49 PM
He impressed me against Bay City

CueroDad08
09-26-2009, 10:53 PM
I have been lucky to get to watch alot of high school football in my life. That second half was at the top of my list as one of the best QB's to ever take complete control and put a team on his back and pick apart a D like he did. Great job Tyler......Now lets take this next two weeks to get ready for them Dogs from Yoakum. Looks like they are starting to gell. Lets go to there house and see.

44INAROW
09-26-2009, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad08
I have been lucky to get to watch alot of high school football in my life. That second half was at the top of my list as one of the best QB's to ever take complete control and put a team on his back and pick apart a D like he did. Great job Tyler......Now lets take this next two weeks to get ready for them Dogs from Yoakum. Looks like they are starting to gell. Lets go to there house and see.

How about the "flea flicker"? That was a picture perfect play - and the WR did a great job.. I bet his heart was pounding 90 mph lol.. I also bet his mom and dad were grinning from ear to ear.. ;)

jp744
09-27-2009, 09:14 AM
he was very impressive. I nominated him as POTW. Because he put his team on his shoulders and made plays in the second half. He was incredible. My hat is off to him.

KingRob
09-27-2009, 12:41 PM
He is a very talented young man, and it was a joy watching him play. I was also able to meet his parents, and they are very nice people.

Sure would be nice for Tyler to have a championship ring on his finger when goes off to college!

rojosgirl
09-28-2009, 10:52 AM
It's been great watching Tyler play the past few years. A man among boys with exceptional leadership qualities. I have to agree about the interviews -- I noticed in the Advocate Saturday that he was quick to give credit to his linemen. He's a fine young man and a real class act. Kudos to Mom & Dad for raising him right! I'd love to see him play D1 football somewhere, but I don't think that will happen. A lot of Gobbler fans will be disappointed, but I feel like he'll pick baseball. Good Luck Tyler! We're behind you all the way!