PDA

View Full Version : congrats to the trojans

lostaussie
09-26-2009, 09:53 AM
West knocked out a fine mexia team last night to remain unbeaten. thats got to be a huge confidence builder for that program............keep it up:clap::clap:

trojan37
09-26-2009, 10:01 AM
Thanks. I believe this will be a huge momentum boost for the Trojans. Our QB from a year ago has made a huge turnaround in 1 year, and with 17 seniors on the team I believe they want to go out with a bang and last night got it started. Next week we have 2A Godley at home for homecoming. Godley has been making some noise of their own in the 2A ranks. They have already beaten 2 ranked teams in 2A by crushing Lone Oak 62-20 and Boyd 38-21, and rolled 3A Hillsboro in the first game of the season 42-0, so this week is no cakewalk. West was down 27-7 with 6:34 left in the game last night and scored to make it 27-14. 2 onside kicks and 2 td's later they came out with a big win, a game in which nobody game them a chance. It just goes to show you what can happen if you play the full 4 quarters. Mexia had a chance to win the game as time ran out as Mexia QB Trae Davis hit a reciver in the endzone, but he dropped it.

mwynn05
09-26-2009, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by trojan37
Thanks. I believe this will be a huge momentum boost for the Trojans. Our QB from a year ago has made a huge turnaround in 1 year, and with 17 seniors on the team I believe they want to go out with a bang and last night got it started. Next week we have 2A Godley at home for homecoming. Godley has been making some noise of their own in the 2A ranks. They have already beaten 2 ranked teams in 2A by crushing Lone Oak 62-20 and Boyd 38-21, and rolled 3A Hillsboro in the first game of the season 42-0, so this week is no cakewalk. West was down 27-7 with 6:34 left in the game last night and scored to make it 27-14. 2 onside kicks and 2 td's later they came out with a big win, a game in which nobody game them a chance. It just goes to show you what can happen if you play the full 4 quarters. Mexia had a chance to win the game as time ran out as Mexia QB Trae Davis hit a reciver in the endzone, but he dropped it. Godley is in our district and we went and watched them play boyd last week....they are good....west will have their hands full

shamu85
09-26-2009, 11:15 AM
Saw the highlights of this game on HS Scoreboard last night. Man, that Mexia RB is a beast. West D must have played lights out to hold them to 27.

bp80884
09-26-2009, 12:35 PM
Great job and congrats to West. Mexia is a great team with a lot of talent. West really showed some heart from what I have seen and read!