LHS 2SONS
09-26-2009, 12:50 AM
any updates

KONGZILLA
09-26-2009, 05:58 AM
was a scrum in the mud
1st half took an hour 19-3 giddings, elgin had about 1 or 2 first downs

2nd half took a week, 26-3
4 players ejected, 200 yards of penalities, giddings had 1 td called back, elgin got 75% of it yardage total for game on last drive, buffs threw the ball toooooooooo muuuuuucccchhhhh

KONGZILLA
09-26-2009, 06:15 AM
Giddings Buffaloes
Elgin Wildcats
Game Date: 09/25/2009
Start Time: 7:30 PM

Score by QUARTERS Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 OT Final
Giddings (4-0) 7 12 7 0 - 26
Elgin (1-4) 0 3 0 0 - 3

FIRST QUARTER
G: Corey Brite 11 run (Jerimias Delgado kick).

SECOND QUARTER
E: Dalton Kisamore 27 FG. G: Brite 26 run (kick failed). G: Marcellus Mack 11 pass from Connor Wehr (conv. failed).

THIRD QUARTER
G: Wehr 15 run (Toby Bishop kick).

Team Statistics
Elgin Giddings
First Downs - FD 6 16
Passing - COMP 1 14
Passing - ATT 2 21
Passing - YDS 12 221
Rushing - ATT 37 33
Rushing - YDS 142 189
Rushing - TD 0 3
Interceptions - INT 0 0
Fumbles - FUMB 0 1
Fumbles - LOST 0 1
Penalties - PEN 8 8
Penalties - YDS 65 75

Individual Statistics
Passing - Elgin COMP ATT YDS INT TD
Patrick Grimes 1 2 12 0 0

Passing - Giddings COMP ATT YDS INT TD
Connor Wehr 14 21 221 0 1

Rushing - Elgin ATT YDS TD
Blake Anderson 11 35 0
Cromartie Faulks Jr. 2 9 0
Patrick Grimes 12 41 0
Randall Jones 3 -2 0
Kevin Weaver 1 5 0
Sam Works 8 54 0

Rushing - Giddings ATT YDS TD
Corey Brite 6 47 2
Deladrick Britton 3 9 0
Eric Rimes 9 40 0
Connor Wehr 15 93 1

Receiving - Elgin REC YDS TD
AJ Flot 1 12 0

Receiving - Giddings REC YDS TD
Deladrick Britton 2 61 0
Spencer Fitzhenry 1 3 0
Dominique Jordan 1 21 0
Lance Krause 2 39 0
Marcellus Mack 7 70 1
Eric Rimes 1 27 0

All information is as reported by the teams as of 09/25/2009 11:48 PM.
The information displayed here is as reported by the team.
Click here to report inaccuracies.

1st and goal
09-26-2009, 09:03 AM
I wished the Buffs would've passed even more! Elgin' Defense was playing man a lot and cramming the box.

This game was ugly. I was watching cheap shots thru binoculars and I guess I'll be a homer but most of the Buffs penalties were from retaliation. A few Elgin players were really trying to turn it into a street ball situation due to frustration or just their style of play. The score could've easily been even more lopsided. The refs were busy. I almost think they were penalizing us for every little thing to keep the game closer.

There was a big bench clearing brawl after a punt where the Elgin player was on top of a Buff and started wailing on him. This happened after a series of downs where there was almost a fight after every play.

A total of 4 got ejected, 2 from each team. Late in the game another Elgin player got ejected.

The Buffs were substituting 2nd stringers heavily in the latter part of the 3rd and all of the 4th.

Elgin will continue to lose if all they want to do is fight and not play ball. Sad, but true.

jrhernandez7
09-26-2009, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
I wished the Buffs would've passed even more! Elgin' Defense was playing man a lot and cramming the box.

This game was ugly. I was watching cheap shots thru binoculars and I guess I'll be a homer but most of the Buffs penalties were from retaliation. A few Elgin players were really trying to turn it into a street ball situation due to frustration or just their style of play. The score could've easily been even more lopsided. The refs were busy. I almost think they were penalizing us for every little thing to keep the game closer.

There was a big bench clearing brawl after a punt where the Elgin player was on top of a Buff and started wailing on him. This happened after a series of downs where there was almost a fight after every play.

A total of 4 got ejected, 2 from each team. Late in the game another Elgin player got ejected.

The Buffs were substituting 2nd stringers heavily in the latter part of the 3rd and all of the 4th.

Elgin will continue to lose if all they want to do is fight and not play ball. Sad, but true.

umm, better get some new binoculars b/c i dont know what you were seeing but the buffs where just as guilty if not more. They did some cheap things out there to. Buffs let elgin talking get to them, suprising to me, very undisplined this game, hope they wrap that up b/c it could come back and hurt them come district.

I_DONT_CARE
09-26-2009, 11:25 AM
A BENCH CLEARING BRAWL? THAT NEVER HAPPENS IN GIDDINGS GAMES. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LHexPlayer
09-26-2009, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE
A BENCH CLEARING BRAWL? THAT NEVER HAPPENS IN GIDDINGS GAMES. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Last Giddings bench clearing brawl I remember was against Liberty hill 3 years ago. Liberty Hill has played Giddings twice since then and I must say the Giddings players have been a class act both of those games. Keep winning Giddings, this Panther is pulling for you guys as much as it hurts me to say it.

BOCEPHUS
09-26-2009, 02:26 PM
LET ME SPLAIN HOW IT IS ........(GIRLYZILLABOY AN I_DONT_KNOE AIN'T GOT BY GAWD CLUE---MUST UH BEN ROOTIE TOOT HALFTIME SHOE EXPERTS IN HIGH SCHOOL)

WAS DAM GOOD GAME TILL HALF TIME BEER BREAK, THEN FEALD GOT SLOPPY AND ATTITUDES DID TOO..............DAM SHAME

BOTTOM LINE IS AT BEER BREAK ELGIN HAD BOUT 2 FIRST DWONS AND 35 YARDS.....MAYBE!

AND THAT THAR 1/4 BACK SLUNG TATOR OVER 200 YARDS IN THAT NEW FANGLE SPREAD FLEX'ENISH BONE SET ER WHATUVER THE HELL THE CALLS IT.

4TH QTR. I WENT AND FRESHEN UP MY COKE COLA AN D SET ON THE BIG BUFFALOE ON THE HILL AND WATCH'D UM FINISH IT UP

AS FER AS THE BRAWL'IN SEEN THEM BOYS LOCK UP A FEW TIMES, DON'T THINK IT WAS NO BENCH CLEAR'EN BRAWL THOUGH, I MEEN HECK THE CHEERLEADERS STAYED OOUT OF IT

YOU BOYS NEED TO KNOW ANYTHANG ELSE U JUST ASK............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....................I 'LL ANSIR WHEN IT GITZ TIME

1st and goal
09-26-2009, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by jrhernandez7
umm, better get some new binoculars b/c i dont know what you were seeing but the buffs where just as guilty if not more.

Ummm, my binoculars were plenty fine. Seen clotheslining going on against players without the ball. Seen cheap shots/late hits on our QB. Seen our guards and tackles thrown down after the play. Very poor sportsmanship. Many of these occurences were done by the same player who did a bad acting job in the 3rd trying to get another call for a buff retaliating. Unfortunately, the buff's got suckered into the low life way of playing football and got caught retaliating.

Buffs got a TD called back for a low block which I didn't see 'cuz the RB was 30 yards downfield already. One of the 2 Buffs that got ejected was due to him coming off the bench in support of another buff (that was ejected also). The coach was going to make the 1st guy cool down for a couple of plays. He was really mad because of the career ending type cheap shot that an Elgin player had gotten away with. So IMO, the buffs were playing very sportsmanlike until Elgin played like they did. This type of playing occured at last years game in Elgin too. Since I've seen it now 2 years in a row, I wonder if their coaching encourages it. I hope the buffs don't schedule them next year. All they know how to do is try to strip the ball and cause turnovers. Luckily the buffs held on to it (except once) this year.

I could give players #'s but I don't think we're suppossed to on here.

Chopblock
09-27-2009, 06:34 PM
J Hernandez, Im 500 miles away and heard the same story you are telling, actually heard it from someone who lives in Giddings.
That is the Third brawl I know of, remember hearing of one from a Manor Giddings game 6 or 7 years ago

Gators17
09-27-2009, 06:40 PM
Wasn't there a fight between Giddings and Sealy after the game 1 or 2 years ago?

FbCoachB40
09-30-2009, 09:13 AM
WHAT A GIDDINGS FIGHT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How did Sealy start this fight when they were in Houston???

I am sure if Giddings was in a bench clearing brawl...somehow it was Sealy's fault!!

KONGZILLA
09-30-2009, 09:19 AM
Nope.
It was all Rockdales fault, I seen it all. Rockdale dc:D was in middle of it all.

Maybe it was La Grange though. Yeah that is who it was, it was their dc;) , all his fault

Daddy D 11
09-30-2009, 11:13 AM
There was an "altercation" against La Grange a few years back also. Watched it on tape, then got to watch another first hand against LH.

That Fitzhenry fellow sure has classy teams:rolleyes:

TxFootballfan
09-30-2009, 11:24 AM
Humm..... REALLY!!!! Boy I know you are not talking!!!!! Last year your coach telling his player to fire off and hit our o-line before the snap to hopefully to bait the Giddings kid to retaliate is classy!!!!!! You need to step back and look at the whole picture!!!! Take off you holier than though blinders and join reality!!!!!

FbCoachB40
09-30-2009, 02:46 PM
I dont know why the other thread was shut down. i was looking forward to Coach Bocephus' response

Daddy D 11
09-30-2009, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by TxFootballfan
Humm..... REALLY!!!! Boy I know you are not talking!!!!! Last year your coach telling his player to fire off and hit our o-line before the snap to hopefully to bait the Giddings kid to retaliate is classy!!!!!! You need to step back and look at the whole picture!!!! Take off you holier than though blinders and join reality!!!!!

Are you talking about me? LH?

Like someone said on the other thread, if Tom gets in a fight with Bill, then Tom gets in a fight with Joe, then Tom gets in a fight with Bob.... pretty sure Tom is the problem.

Liberty Hill's one and only altercation under Vance has come against Giddings. Imagine that.

On the other hand, Giddings list read like this: La Grange in 2006, Liberty Hill in 2006, Sealy in 2008, and now Elgin in 2009. That's not even naming all of them.

Seems to me GIDDINGS is the problem, not the others teams.

Well, that solves that. Thanks for coming out.

Oh, and in case you are wondering... every sentence doesn't have to end in exclamation points. Just letting you know. There's a period on your keyboard, it suffices. It's underneath the "L" and to the right of the "M" and comma. :thumbsup:

buff4life
09-30-2009, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
There was an "altercation" against La Grange a few years back also. Watched it on tape, then got to watch another first hand against LH.

That Fitzhenry fellow sure has classy teams:rolleyes:

yea and i saw a car on video tape run a stop sign 5 years ago...and gave him a ticket :rolleyes: