PDA

View Full Version : Navasota 41, Rudder 14

navscanmaster
09-25-2009, 10:36 PM
Final. Despite the score, Rudder is a very disciplined defensive team. The fumble bug hit them on offense tonight, but overall, I think they are a middle of the pack team leaning toward the good end of the spectrum in 3A. They are definitely playoff contenders in this district. Their pass defense is excellent, as their secondary is speedy and covers very well. None of our receivers were open, and it took an excellent catch in the back of the endzone by Tevin Creeks to get our only TD pass of the night, and one of the few catches the Rattlers had on offense. The Rudder defense held their gaps very well, but when the Rattler backs could get around the tackles, Rudder could not keep up. The Rattler offense had close to 400 yards rushing, and probably another 150 called back on holds, including an 80 yard TD by Kye Hildreth, who was well over 200 yards. I do not have any stats yet, but will post them when I get a chance.

I'll finish by saying that Rudder is a very good team for not having any senior players yet. I wouldn't expect anything less for a HS team playing in 3A with well over 1300 students already. I am rooting for them in district, because I was pleased with their discipline, size, and competitive attitude. Their fans packed the stands (at least 7000 made it in tonight on both sides, before they stopped selling tickets and closed the gates, LOL.) and were loud and proud of their team every time they walked off the field. Special teams were phenomenal, as K/LB Will Johnson is hands down the best kicker in district, maybe the state in 3A. Their running backs were speedy and hard to tackle, and their offensive line was excellent, especially on running downs. They are bigger than Navasota on the offensive line, and that is saying a lot.

j_dog
09-25-2009, 10:40 PM
Congratulations Navasota. :clap:

Caldwell_Raider
09-25-2009, 10:46 PM
Congrats Rattlers! :clap:

zebrablue2
09-26-2009, 12:35 AM
congrats to the rattlers!! had a little tribute for my buddy marvin w. tonight. he was a member of my chapter and a dear friend we lost too soon. I am sure that went well.. we miss you marvin!!!!

LE Dad
09-26-2009, 12:46 AM
Way:clap: to go :clap: Rattlers !!

navscanmaster
09-26-2009, 01:24 AM
According to FSN, Kye Hildreth rushed for 228 and 4 TDs. Antione Burrell rushed for 75 yards on 9 carries and a TD. I know Kye had two carries for 100+ called back on a hold and a personal foul, and Antoine had a 60+ yard run called back on a hold also. I think Rudder had two big first down plays called back on holds as well. I hate penalties, lol. When I see them happen, it is always in an area that wouldn't have made a difference in the outcome of the play. But we have rules for a reason, too.

Z-RO
09-26-2009, 04:24 AM
I watched my DVR recording of the 2 dumb dumbs that come on at 12:00 and man you guys have 2 BIG kids on yalls OL!

navscanmaster
09-26-2009, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Z-RO
I watched my DVR recording of the 2 dumb dumbs that come on at 12:00 and man you guys have 2 BIG kids on yalls OL!

Yeah. Really three. They didn't show Scott McDuffie, the center. He is 6'2 and +/- 300. But overall, I think Rudder's line was bigger. #76 from Rudder is a BEAST!

UPanIN
09-28-2009, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Final. Despite the score, Rudder is a very disciplined defensive team. The fumble bug hit them on offense tonight, but overall, I think they are a middle of the pack team leaning toward the good end of the spectrum in 3A. They are definitely playoff contenders in this district. Their pass defense is excellent, as their secondary is speedy and covers very well. None of our receivers were open, and it took an excellent catch in the back of the endzone by Tevin Creeks to get our only TD pass of the night, and one of the few catches the Rattlers had on offense. The Rudder defense held their gaps very well, but when the Rattler backs could get around the tackles, Rudder could not keep up. The Rattler offense had close to 400 yards rushing, and probably another 150 called back on holds, including an 80 yard TD by Kye Hildreth, who was well over 200 yards. I do not have any stats yet, but will post them when I get a chance.

I'll finish by saying that Rudder is a very good team for not having any senior players yet. I wouldn't expect anything less for a HS team playing in 3A with well over 1300 students already. I am rooting for them in district, because I was pleased with their discipline, size, and competitive attitude. Their fans packed the stands (at least 7000 made it in tonight on both sides, before they stopped selling tickets and closed the gates, LOL.) and were loud and proud of their team every time they walked off the field. Special teams were phenomenal, as K/LB Will Johnson is hands down the best kicker in district, maybe the state in 3A. Their running backs were speedy and hard to tackle, and their offensive line was excellent, especially on running downs. They are bigger than Navasota on the offensive line, and that is saying a lot.

Very well said.:iagree:

Just a shout out to the Rudder fans. Your team looks very good this year. Without the fumbles this would have been a completely different game. Another year of strength and conditioning and this team will do well.