gold_33
09-25-2009, 08:50 PM
14-7 half Wimberley

gold_33
09-25-2009, 09:27 PM
Still 14-7 start of 4th

gold_33
09-25-2009, 09:37 PM
RB Dennis Smith breaks off a 40yd td for his 3rd of the night, new score 21-7 Wimberley 7 min left in 4th.

gold_33
09-25-2009, 10:25 PM
Final. Wimberley 21 Burnet 14. Burnet scored a late TD to bring the score closer and almost recovered the onside kick but Texans held on. We looked tons better tonight and more like the team we were supposed to be but preseason doesnt mean anything and were now 1-0 in district so maybe its starting to come together. Smith had his breakout game of the season and finally looked healthy, our offense revolves around him so we need him to keep having games like this.

shamu85
09-25-2009, 11:13 PM
Perhaps Wimberley is finally putting it together? Burnet is not a bad team.

garciap77
09-25-2009, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by gold_33
Final. Wimberley 21 Burnet 14. Burnet scored a late TD to bring the score closer and almost recovered the onside kick but Texans held on. We looked tons better tonight and more like the team we were supposed to be but preseason doesnt mean anything and were now 1-0 in district so maybe its starting to come together. Smith had his breakout game of the season and finally looked healthy, our offense revolves around him so we need him to keep having games like this.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

95mustang
09-25-2009, 11:27 PM
This one suprised me. Good Job Wimberley.

Trashman
09-25-2009, 11:37 PM
Good job Wimberly! After watching Burnet play play Brownwood, I'm surprised by the score.

wimbo_pro
09-26-2009, 12:01 AM
Great game...!!! Good fight by the Texans, we are proud of you...you guys proved you are better than 1 and 3. Focus and improve for the next game, thats the only way to make the play offs.

Now...dose of reality. Burnet should have beaten the pants off of us. They are older, bigger (lots bigger!), stronger, faster...better organized in their passing game, more athletic in just about every position. So...why did Burnet lose??? They didn't play as a team. You got beat by a better TEAM effort.

If I were a Burnet fan, I would be deeply concerned after tonights performance. On paper, you should have rolled over us. In fact, I thought you guys would come out in the 2nd half and spank us. But no...our boys kept you in disarray...and you let us keep you there! This is a HUGE win for us (confidence builder) and a HUGE loss for Burnet.

I have to attribute this result to coaching. Way to go, Coach Nelms. Way to go.

NastySlot
09-26-2009, 12:07 AM
looked to me like the burnet qb...was hurting.....wimberley looked ok....but it's just a matter of time and i think they will hit full stride and play up to the preseason expects.........burnet will rebound....if qb is healthy...i thought the back did a good job when he was in there.

LE Dad
09-26-2009, 12:37 AM
Alright Texans!!:clap: :clap:

trojan37
09-26-2009, 12:39 AM
Well I picked this one wrong. Way to go Texans! Good job.

TexanAlum_06
09-26-2009, 01:04 AM
The Texans really impressed me tonight. Especially with the high level of intensity that the defense kept all night. I was worried they would come out flat after halftime. We definately had a couple of drives where Burnet had their way with us but they played pretty well. A LOT better than I expected.

Offensively we still have a ways to go but they are improving. Dennis looked pretty good but it still looks like he is a little banged up. We really need to cut down on the turnovers. On the flip side though the defense forced 3 turnovers with one of them being an awesome interception by DE Clifford Hunter. He made a huge play when we really needed it.

There at the end when Burnet forced that fumble and then scored on the next play to cut the lead to 21-14 It gave me flashbacks of the dripping springs game last year when they scored 21 points in 2 minutes late in the game and beat us. We need to finish better.Like Wimbopro said, this win is a huge confidence boost for us and hopefully we can correct some more mistakes and build off of this win.

With all that said I dont want to come across like im not giving Burnet any credit because they are a very good team. They could very well finish district with a 5-1 record. Good luck to Burnet next week!

spaniard
09-26-2009, 07:38 AM
congrats texans, wish i could've seen the game even though we lost

ziggy29
09-26-2009, 09:18 AM
District 8 is looking wide open so far. It was looking like Burnet might be the team to beat after the Texans were smoked by Bandera, Burnet has been strong (only loss before yesterday by 3 to B'wood) and LH is down a bit from previous years, but who knows...

wimbo_pro
09-26-2009, 09:22 AM
Spaniard...if Burnet get their act together and uses all their assets, watch out. I dont know enough about them to say what last night was all about (lackluster one-time performance...or...a developing pattern). But they also played with class, I saw no cheap shots, no bad mouthing, nothing like that. I would go see them play elsewhere...I like their style.

BTW..tell me about their QB. He is a good sized boy!! He has a quality delivery, and seems to have some talent that colleges might be looking at.

spaniard
09-26-2009, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Spaniard...if Burnet get their act together and uses all their assets, watch out. I dont know enough about them to say what last night was all about (lackluster one-time performance...or...a developing pattern). But they also played with class, I saw no cheap shots, no bad mouthing, nothing like that. I would go see them play elsewhere...I like their style.

BTW..tell me about their QB. He is a good sized boy!! He has a quality delivery, and seems to have some talent that colleges might be looking at.

wimbo, i honestly can't tell you much about chafin. the last i remember of him was when his dad was my physics teacher in high school and he would come up to the high school after school and hang out with some of us who were messing around till after-school practice. i haven't been able to make it to a burnet game in way too long, work and kids kinda keep me from making the 2 hour drive on fridays to make it down. hopefully they'll end up playing some playoff games closer this direction so i can see them play this year. i end up having to rely on my parent's evaluation of the game to know how it went, hehe.