wedo
09-25-2009, 10:17 PM
Bay City wins 14-7!!

44INAROW
09-25-2009, 11:01 PM
:eek:

Move The Chains
09-26-2009, 12:59 AM
This obviously isn't Sweeny's best year. My guess is they are having big time offensive line problems because they have an ALL STATE RB! He must have nowhere to go because Woodard is GOOD! He, alone, should be able to scrounge more than 7 points, but if you got nowhere to run.... it's kinda hard to bust them big ones.

Dogs_21
09-26-2009, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
This obviously isn't Sweeny's best year. My guess is they are having big time offensive line problems because they have an ALL STATE RB! He must have nowhere to go because Woodard is GOOD! He, alone, should be able to scrounge more than 7 points, but if you got nowhere to run.... it's kinda hard to bust them big ones.

yes their line is not good...I went to the game and it was terrible..

Antec
09-26-2009, 11:03 PM
Bay Citys defense rose to the occasion twice in the fourth quarter as the Blackcats picked up a heart stopping 14-7 win over rival Sweeny Friday night in Bulldog Stadium

"It was a good win and we feel that we got the monkey off our back," said Bay City coach Robert Blackmon

It was the Blackcats first win of the season against four losses and the Bulldogs slipped to 2-2.

But Blackmon wasn't completely satisfied with his team's effort.

"We have a long, long way to get well," said Blackmon.

Bay City has an open date next Friday and then plays Lamar Consolidated in the District 23-4A opener Oct. 10 in Rosenberg.

"This week our guys had a motto to 'Do whatever it takes' and they did it. They just kept fighting," said Blackmon.

Bay City's defense, which had been giving up over 400 yards, held the Bulldogs to 238 yards. Jarrell Woodard scored a touchdown and rushed for over 100 yards.

"Sometimes our pressure put them in tough situations but we just keep fighting," said Blackmon.

Bay City players donned armbands to bring in plays from the sidelines.

"That's something that we're going to stick with because it helps our kids eliminate some of the thinking and let them go to play," said Blackmon.

Bay City built a 14-0 lead entering the final 12 minutes of the game.

Sweeny started at it's own 23-yard line and drove to the Blackcats two when Jamell Woodard scored with 9:36 remaining to make it a 14-7 game after Chris Wilson's kick.

The 'Dogs kept the drive alive when Tr'e Lemon connected with Levi Holmes on a fourth down play.

Bay City got the ball back with 9:30 remaining in the game at its own 30-yard line. The 'Cats punted three plays later.

Sweeny's Gary Woodard was unable to hang on to the ball and Bay City was able to recover it with 8:41 left in the game on its own 49-yard line.

Bay City couldn't take advantage and were forced to punt again.

The Blackcat defense responded when Denzel Ross sacked Lemon for a big loss to set up a fourth down and nine situation.

Lemon then fumbled the ball away and the Blackcats took over with 2:47 left in the game.

Sweeny got the ball back with 2:18 left in the game. The Bulldogs found themselves with a fourth and long but the Blackcat defense held to seal the game.

The Bulldogs drove to Bay City's 30-yard line to start the game but were unable to pick up a first down.

The Blackcats take over on there own 30-yard line but Sweeny's defense able to hold the and forced to punt.

On the Blackcats next possession Courtney Finney took it in from the one for a touchdown with two minutes left in the first quarter. Taylor Brown booted the extra point to make it 7-0.

Early in the second quarter, a field goal attempt went awry on a bad snap and the Blackcats took over at their own 18-yard line with 7:55 remaining.

After a few changes in possessions, Bay City's Tavoris Southall-Mack picked off a pass by Lemon.

An illegal block in the back moved the ball back to the Bulldogs 47-yardline with 3:30 remaining until halftime.

With 6:11 in the third quarter. Sweeny punted the ball. Bay City quarterback Derek Brown then connected to Ja'Len Sidney on a 64-yard scoring strike. Brown's kick brought the score to 14-0.

It set up the fourth quarter.

Brown completed eight of 20 passes for 128 yards, Sidney caught two for 68 yards.

He rushed for 23 yards on two carries.

Robert Taylor caught one pass for 35 yards. Courtney Finney picked up 24 yards and Jermany Williams had 21.

2 krunk
09-27-2009, 08:23 AM
Well Dogs 21; What do you think the answer is? Try different players, line coach not getting it done? I bet they are looking for answers as well. The bulldogs are usually competitive. Maybe they will find the solutions before district starts.

SHSBulldog00
09-27-2009, 10:22 AM
I think they need to use some different people on the line. Give them a chance it can't be any worse.

Sweeny was very uncharacteristic in the number of personal fouls and two ejections. THAT IS NOT SWEENY BULLDOG FOOTBALL. Both of them defensive starters will be suspended for the next game for the ejections. They also need to think about their return game. Where was Sr. Gavin Brown. I would of had him back instead of a Soph. IMO.

Dogs_21
09-27-2009, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
I think they need to use some different people on the line. Give them a chance it can't be any worse.

Sweeny was very uncharacteristic in the number of personal fouls and two ejections. THAT IS NOT SWEENY BULLDOG FOOTBALL. Both of them defensive starters will be suspended for the next game for the ejections. They also need to think about their return game. Where was Sr. Gavin Brown. I would of had him back instead of a Soph. IMO.

I would have had brown back there also. That was a critical moment for them when Woodard dropped that punt..

2 krunk
09-27-2009, 06:24 PM
Word is that Brown was injured in the Sterling game. He may be back this week.