PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater vs. Big Spring update thread

Sweetwater Red
09-25-2009, 07:07 PM
For those of us that believe....

I won't be able to do play by play, but I will keep the score updated.

Side note: It's been said that this is the best team that Big spring has fielded in it's 100 year history.
My opinion is don't believe the hype.

GO MUSTANGS!!!

GetRDoneStangs
09-25-2009, 07:20 PM
Hey Red

I was at the Freshman game last night...(unable to make it tonight)....check out the bathrooms.

Brings back old memories......huh...????

:thinking: :thinking:

Big Spring needs to do some upgrades.....

STANG RED
09-25-2009, 07:26 PM
I finally got home, and am listening on the radio. I'll do some updates.
There just flipping the coin now.

DU_stud04
09-25-2009, 07:30 PM
the webcast sounds very clear, hope its a good one!

STANG RED
09-25-2009, 07:31 PM
Swater ball at own 42 after KO.

STANG RED
09-25-2009, 07:32 PM
Dang 1st down stangs. Bspring 42 yl.

STANG RED
09-25-2009, 07:34 PM
Swater moving the ball well. Inside shovel pass down to the Bspring 23.

STANG RED
09-25-2009, 07:36 PM
To runs up the middle for no gain. 3rd and 10.

Pass for no gain. 4th and 10.

Stangs going for it.

Pass overthrown. Bspring ball on own 23.

STANG RED
09-25-2009, 07:37 PM
bspring pass for 16 yards on 1st down.

STANG RED
09-25-2009, 07:38 PM
9 yard gain on run. 2nd and 1 bspring.

run to left, 1st down but just barely. 1st and 10 bspring at swater 43.

STANG RED
09-25-2009, 07:41 PM
pass incomplete. bspring 4th and 4 at swater 38.

bspring going for it.

sack!!! swater ball

STANG RED
09-25-2009, 07:43 PM
1 yard run. 2nd and 9 swater on swater 38

pass out to 45. 3rd and 3

pass interferance on BS. waved off, said uncatchable.

punt coming.

STANG RED
09-25-2009, 07:44 PM
BS runs into kicker. Swater 1st down. Holy crap, now their saying it was tipped, so flag waved off. BS ball on own 14.

IrishTex
09-25-2009, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
the webcast sounds very clear, hope its a good one!

There's a webcast?
Not that we don't appreciate the updates Stang..

DU_stud04
09-25-2009, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex
There's a webcast?
Not that we don't appreciate the updates Stang.. http://am.kbst.com/news.php

it will be over to the right, listen live. i had to download a plugin for it to play, didnt take more than a few seconds.

STANG RED
09-25-2009, 07:48 PM
BS run for 11. 1st down on own 25.

BS running out of shotgun on every play. Pass incomplete, 2nd and 10.

4:07 left in 1st q.

pass over middle, ball knocked down but interference called on swater. 15 yd gain to the 40.

run for long TD for BS. 60 yd TD. CRAP!

STANG RED
09-25-2009, 07:49 PM
7-0 Bspring. 3:50 left in 1st q. kick coming

IrishTex
09-25-2009, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
http://am.kbst.com/news.php

it will be over to the right, listen live. i had to download a plugin for it to play, didnt take more than a few seconds.

Thanks man...it sounds good...appreciate it!

STANG RED
09-25-2009, 07:50 PM
SW ball on own 34 after KO return.

STANG RED
09-25-2009, 07:51 PM
Pass SW ball out to 48 yd line. good job.

screen picked off back to SW 12. holy crap.

Sweetwater Red
09-25-2009, 07:54 PM
Let's go Mustangs! Kenneth Norman moved to
LB for this game.

STANG RED
09-25-2009, 07:54 PM
BS run for 2 yds. 2nd and 8

run 3 yard loss. 3rd and 12 , pass TD Bspring.

14-0 BS 2:03 to play 1st q.

IrishTex
09-25-2009, 07:55 PM
The Big Spring QB is named Tannahill? I thought he graduated and played for A&M this year???

95mustang
The Big Spring QB is named Tannahill? I thought he graduated and played for A&M this year???

Younger brother.

STANG RED
Does anyone need updates? If not, Ill just kick back and listen. Getting out of hand already anyway.

Sweetwater Red
09-25-2009, 08:04 PM
You had a long drive home. Kick back and listen.

Sweetwater Red
09-25-2009, 08:10 PM
After a BS punt, SW ball at their own 20.

Now 1st down at SW at their 33.

Sweetwater Red
09-25-2009, 08:15 PM
SW punts. BS ball at their 41 yl 2nd at 4.

Sweetwater Red
09-25-2009, 08:17 PM
6 minutes left in the half.

Sweetwater Red
09-25-2009, 08:19 PM
BS punting with 4:30 left in half. SW ball inside 20.

Sweetwater Red
09-25-2009, 08:25 PM
2:39 left in the half. BS ball at their 48. 14-0 still

BEAST
09-25-2009, 08:27 PM
Keep em coming. Swater is hangin close.

Sweetwater Red
09-25-2009, 08:29 PM
Big Spring 21 Sweetwater 0

BEAST
09-25-2009, 08:30 PM
Ok. That's enough. Post if Swater starts a come back.

BEAST

sweetwater07
09-25-2009, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Big Spring 21 Sweetwater 0

Ugly!!!

Sweetwater Red
09-25-2009, 08:42 PM
Halftime: BS 21 SW 0

Sweetwater Red
09-25-2009, 08:56 PM
2nd half about to kickoff. Halftime offensive stats would be pretty even if it wasn't for
Montae Anderson and his 60 yard run.

STANG RED
09-25-2009, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
Ugly!!!

Really not as bad as it looks. The D has had several stops for no gains and negetive yards, and the O has moved the ball pretty well. That 21-0 score is just due to 3 plays that have made the difference.
They had a 60 td run by their stud rb.
We gave them a real short field after a long punt return.
And we threw a pick that gave them the ball on our 12.
Other than those 3 plays, all else is about even.
We're getting better and better every week boys. Just have to stay patient and let the system develop, and let all those underclassmen get more experience. We'll be much better by the end of the season, and next year should be able to compete with anyone. Year after next, we'll be real good. Lets just be patient and let it happen, and enjoy it when it does. We're just lucky we havent had to go through one of these years in a long time. But we'll survive it, just like every other team thats gone through this before. Keep the faith boys.

Sweetwater Red
09-25-2009, 09:14 PM
Another big run by Anderson. 27-0

STANG RED
09-25-2009, 09:15 PM
27-0 Bspring now.

We gave up a 40 someodd td run to the big stud rb Anderson again.

Sweetwater Red
09-25-2009, 09:18 PM
Now 34 - 0

DaHop72
09-25-2009, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
27-0 Bspring now.

We gave up a 40 someodd td run to the big stud rb Anderson again. Young man is a hoss isn't he Red??:( :(

BEAST
09-25-2009, 09:21 PM
Really not as bad as it looks. The D has had several stops for no gains and negetive yards, and the O has moved the ball pretty well. That 21-0 score is just due to 3 plays that have made the difference.
They had a 60 td run by their stud rb.
We gave them a real short field after a long punt return.
And we threw a pick that gave them the ball on our 12.
Other than those 3 plays, all else is about even.
We're getting better and better every week boys. Just have to stay patient and let the system develop, and let all those underclassmen get more experience. We'll be much better by the end of the season, and next year should be able to compete with anyone. Year after next, we'll be real good. Lets just be patient and let it happen, and enjoy it when it does. We're just lucky we
havent had to go through one of these years in a long time. But we'll survive it, just like every
other team thats gone through this before. Keep
the faith boys.

I agree. This is a HUGE change for Sweetwater football. Give it time. When the players truly grasp the reads and so on that goes along with a pro style attack, you Water fans will be in for a treat.

BEAST

IrishTex
09-25-2009, 09:23 PM
I think they said that stud running back for the Steers is close to a 1000 yards already.

STANG RED
09-25-2009, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Young man is a hoss isn't he Red??:( :(

I'm guessing we'll get to see him play on lots of saturdays to come, from the way things sound. How big is he, do you know?

Sweetwater Red
09-25-2009, 09:29 PM
Sophmore QB is playing in the secondary now

IrishTex
09-25-2009, 09:33 PM
Funny how the Big Spring announcers consider this a "rivalry game". I wonder why Sweetwater never considered Big Spring a rival?

:D

Sweetwater Red
09-25-2009, 09:34 PM
Now 40-0 BS

IrishTex
09-25-2009, 09:35 PM
41-0

STANG RED
09-25-2009, 09:38 PM
Funny how the Big Spring announcers consider this a "rivalry game". I wonder why Sweetwater never considered Big Spring a rival?

It is a rivalry to them I'm sure. I dont know what our record against them is. But I'd bet we have won 7-8 of every 10. I know its been like 9 years since they last beat us. And I bet it was that long or longer before that. Everybody is a big rival when your a usual doormat.

Dang we just gave up a pick 6, tipped pass.

Sweetwater Red
09-25-2009, 09:41 PM
Big spring leaving their starters in the whole game.
I told my boss they would do this 48-0 BS. Late fourth quarter.

IrishTex
09-25-2009, 09:42 PM
My momma said there would be days like this..

All we can do is just weather the season guys...

There has been some bright spots...even though it doesn't sound like it..

Once this team matures some, it's gonna all be ok..

No worries.

STANG RED
09-25-2009, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Big spring leaving their starters in the whole game.
I told my boss they would do this 48-0 BS. Late fourth quarter.

I would expect nothing less from them. They were always piss poor sports when getting thumped. So they've had lots of years to perfect it. Long before tonight, I've always said Bspring was the poorest sports I have ever seen. No reason to expect a change now.

Sounds like they do have some backups in now though.

IrishTex
09-25-2009, 09:52 PM
Ol B.J. Walker running hard all night..

Sweetwater Red
09-25-2009, 09:58 PM
Yes it does STANG RED, but why is Montae Anderson still on the field? That is a helluva risk huh?

Rocket
09-25-2009, 10:08 PM

Sounds like Brownwood-Stephenville.

Sweetwater Red
09-25-2009, 10:19 PM
Final score BS 48 SW 0. IMO I feel a helluva lot better after this game then the Monahans game.

Bring on the bye week, Breckenridge and then Snyder.

95mustang
09-25-2009, 11:20 PM
I said it earlier and I will say it again. This Big Spring team is for real. They have alot more talent on the field then they are acustomed to.

Matthew328
09-25-2009, 11:48 PM
agreed they are legit

Trashman
09-26-2009, 12:07 AM
Sweetwater Fans! It's killing me to see you like this. :weeping: You are supposed to be a great team every year. Good luck the rest of the way except when you play us. :thumbsup: I still have hope you will take that third spot in the district. :D

Snyder_TigerFan
09-26-2009, 02:02 AM

It's funny you ask that.....because your Sweetwater commentators said this....

"...Big Spring has not beaten Sweetwater in 9 years so this game means something to them." ....as if it didn't mean something to sweetwater. The excuses were disheartening coming from the announcers....and I didn't even listen to it all. I would have been pissed it I was from Sweetwater.

elguapo
09-27-2009, 09:47 PM
I would expect nothing less from them. They were always piss poor sports when getting thumped. So they've had lots of years to perfect it. Long before tonight, I've always said Bspring was the poorest sports I have ever seen. No reason to expect a change now.

Sounds like they do have some backups in now though.
Vintage sweetwater bias..i am having a really hard time reading your posts'...fact-big spring put the 2's in for the whole 4th quarter...without being scored on..at the end of the 3rd quarter the starters already had roughly 500 yards of offense and the defense had allowed around 100...these things i know are fact..as far as big spring being the poorest sports , check the stats ..there were 3 15 yarders called against sweetwater for illegal chop blocks this year..(which ended our best linebackers season last year..thanks for the great sportsmanship by the way)..please be for your team and support your team but keep it real..things have changed at the spring and are only getting better..dont try to take someone else down to compensate for an off year in sweetwater..the staff at sweetwater has their hands full with some renegade clientel but keep them around..they are doing the best anyone could do and will end up being the right choice for the mustangs in the long run...elguapo has spoken

Scholar
09-27-2009, 09:58 PM
The Pot Calling The Kettle Black-- to say something about someone else which is actually true of you yourself ...

You are the pot calling the kettle black when you point to another person and accuse that person of doing something that you are guilty of doing yourself. Example: "You are accusing me of being lazy? Ha! That's the pot calling the kettle black!"

"The pot" (for cooking) and "the kettle" (for boiling water) sit on the stove over the fire and become black from the flames. Example: "I'm tired of you always wearing my clothing!" Answer: "Aren't you the pot calling the kettle black? You're wearing my pants right now!"

The pot and the kettle are like old friends who have turned black with time; the pot only sees the blackness which is on the kettle; he doesn't see the black on himself. Example: "Here comes the guy who is always late for work." Answer: "Aren't you the pot calling the kettle black? You are usually the last person to show up!"

elguapo
09-27-2009, 10:03 PM
touche' ?

Ranger Mom
09-27-2009, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Scholar
The Pot Calling The Kettle Black-- to say something about someone else which is actually true of you yourself ...

You are the pot calling the kettle black when you point to another person and accuse that person of doing something that you are guilty of doing yourself. Example: "You are accusing me of being lazy? Ha! That's the pot calling the kettle black!"

"The pot" (for cooking) and "the kettle" (for boiling water) sit on the stove over the fire and become black from the flames. Example: "I'm tired of you always wearing my clothing!" Answer: "Aren't you the pot calling the kettle black? You're wearing my pants right now!"

The pot and the kettle are like old friends who have turned black with time; the pot only sees the blackness which is on the kettle; he doesn't see the black on himself. Example: "Here comes the guy who is always late for work." Answer: "Aren't you the pot calling the kettle black? You are usually the last person to show up!"

That was one of the strangest posts I have read in a while!!!:D :D

I have to cheer for Big Spring too....one of the guys I went to school with is their head coach!!!:)

elguapo
09-27-2009, 10:14 PM
yeah ranger mom i was struggling with the actual point of it..i am trying to figure out if i am being accused of being black and calling kettles black or stang red being black calling kettles black...please do clarify scholar..i'm new here..and by the way i know that guy you're talking about

STANG RED
09-27-2009, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by elguapo
Vintage sweetwater bias..i am having a really hard time reading your posts'...fact-big spring put the 2's in for the whole 4th quarter...without being scored on..at the end of the 3rd quarter the starters already had roughly 500 yards of offense and the defense had allowed around 100...these things i know are fact..as far as big spring being the poorest sports , check the stats ..there were 3 15 yarders called against sweetwater for illegal chop blocks this year..(which ended our best linebackers season last year..thanks for the great sportsmanship by the way)..please be for your team and support your team but keep it real..things have changed at the spring and are only getting better..dont try to take someone else down to compensate for an off year in sweetwater..the staff at sweetwater has their hands full with some renegade clientel but keep them around..they are doing the best anyone could do and will end up being the right choice for the mustangs in the long run...elguapo has spoken

I have seen lots of crap come out of Big Spring for many many years, but I hope your right and maybe things have changed over there. But I have to see it for a long time before I buy into it. I personally played in several games at and against Bspring many years ago, and have watched many more as a fan since, so I know what I'm talking about. But again, I hope you are right and that things have changed over there.
As for the Sweetwater program, I completely agree with you. I am very satisfied with the direction the program is headed in, and hope Slaughter stays for many years, because I believe he will build a legit program that will contend for titles every year. But I know its going to take a few years to get it there. I expect us to be much improved next season, and should actually be a strong program again the following season.

STANG RED
09-27-2009, 10:31 PM

I've now read this post 3 times. :confused: :confused: :confused: but still havent got a clue what the hell it means. What are you smoking Scholar???

Scholar
09-27-2009, 10:45 PM
Bah, ok, I'll clarify. I irks me to no end to hear S'water fans accuse Big Spring or Snyder or anyone else for that matter of not having class or showing bad sportsmanship. I have seen very little of those things coming from there for several years. NOW is the time they can finally do something about it, and I'm very curious if they will. If they do, I will be very proud of them, and I will wish them the best. If they are satisfied with the status quo, and allow things to continue on like they have been, I will be very disappointed. What S'water needs to do is go back in the books and look at that State Championship team of the 80's. Now that team had class. Sportsmanship was second nature to them. They would never have been able to get away with some of the crap these kids get away with nowadays. I could care less about the system they are adopting, what coaching scheme they have, etc. etc. Kids need discipline to reach their full potential. They are not getting it and some think they are doing them a favor by not providing it. I can assure you, they are hurting more than helping. They need to do what they know is right, and they can get this thing turned around. That is all.

95mustang
09-27-2009, 10:51 PM
Bah, ok, I'll clarify. I irks me to no end to hear S'water fans accuse Big Spring or Snyder or anyone else for that matter of not having class or showing bad sportsmanship. I have seen very little of those things coming from there for several years. NOW is the time they can finally do something about it, and I'm very curious if they will. If they do, I will be very proud of them, and I will wish them the best. If they are satisfied with the status quo, and allow things to continue on like they have been, I will be very disappointed. What S'water needs to do is go back in the books and look at that State Championship team of the 80's. Now that team had class. Sportsmanship was second nature to them. They would never have been able to get away with some of the crap these kids get away with nowadays. I could care less about the system they are adopting, what coaching scheme they have, etc. etc. Kids need discipline to reach their full potential. They are not getting it and some think they are doing them a favor by not providing it. I can assure you, they are hurting more than helping. They need to do what they know is right, and they can get this thing turned around. That is all.

I am not from Sweetwater, but will disagree with you on this one. I think Coach Slaughter has proven that the disipline is there. I will also say that it is not the 80's anymore and kids are way different now days then they were back then. Hell they are way different now they were in the 90's when I played. You did have a valid point in reference to their championship days of the 80's though Coach Stapler was a stickler for discipline and one tremendous coach.

95mustang
09-27-2009, 10:52 PM
What has the world come to. I am now defending Sweetwater. :doh:

STANG RED
09-27-2009, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
What has the world come to. I am now defending Sweetwater. :doh:

I know. I actually said some good things about Brownwood a couple days ago. My brain must be getting softer in my old age.:doh: :D

LOL, yall are actually a pretty good bunch, and have had to take lots of crap on here from many of us. But yall took it well, and gave as good as you got. Good Luck to the Lions!