PDA

View Full Version : Cameron Vs. Rockdale Updates

Yoe_09
09-25-2009, 04:52 PM
I will be bringing in drive by drive updates via Twitter.

http://twitter.com/Yoe_09

Sub-Varsity Action

7th Grade 34-14 Rockdale. record: 2-1

8th Grade 20-14 Yoe. record: 3-0

Freshmen 26-12 Yoe. record: 5-0

JV 30 something to something Yoe. record 5-0

tigerfan09
09-25-2009, 07:56 PM
0-0 end of the 1st quarter

good defense being played by both sides...it should be a low scoring game...

rockdale80
09-25-2009, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
I will be bringing in drive by drive updates via Twitter.

http://twitter.com/Yoe_09

Sub-Varsity Action

7th Grade 34-14 Rockdale. record: 2-1

8th Grade 20-14 Yoe. record: 3-0

Freshmen 26-12 Yoe. record: 5-0

JV 30 something to something Yoe. record 5-0

0-0 End of first

rockdale80
09-25-2009, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
0-0 End of first

70 yd TD run ROCKDALE 7-0

tigerfan09
09-25-2009, 08:03 PM
Rockdale 6 Cameron 0

beginning of the 2nd quarter

71 yard Daniel Brooks dash into the end zone

15 yard penalty on Rockdale for celebration in the end zone...

Rockdale head coach arguing with referees on the penalty...

tigerfan09
09-25-2009, 08:04 PM
Rockdale 7 Cameron 0

10:26 left in the 1st half

yoe64
09-25-2009, 08:12 PM
Townsend to Freeman. Touchdown YOEMEN

yoe64
09-25-2009, 08:14 PM
XP from chandler, good
Tied 7-7

bigYoe
09-25-2009, 08:26 PM
Rdale just capped off a 70 yard drive, 14-7 Rockdale Closing out the first half. COME ON YOE

rockdale80
09-25-2009, 08:42 PM
21-7 at the half ROCKDALE ON TOP!!!

tigerfan09
09-25-2009, 08:43 PM
This seems the best team Rockdale has fielded in a while...

bigYoe
09-25-2009, 08:43 PM
Rdale gets the ball back with a minute and a half left. Rdale QB throws a pass and is caught then the receiver fumbles but refs call him down(OBVIOUSLY A FUMBLE). Then with 5 second left RDALE QB throws hail mary into the end zone from the 45 and is caught by a Tiger receiver. 21-7 at halftime Tigers.

rockdale80
09-25-2009, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by bigYoe
Rdale gets the ball back with a minute and a half left. Rdale QB throws a pass and is caught then the receiver fumbles but refs call him down(OBVIOUSLY A FUMBLE). Then with 5 second left RDALE QB throws hail mary into the end zone from the 45 and is caught by a Tiger receiver. 21-7 at halftime Tigers.

Like the catch out of bounds earlier for yoe? :rolleyes:

cameron91
09-25-2009, 09:12 PM
:D :D :D :D

glad to see the rock come out and play hard. nothing like SMASH MOUTH FOOTBALL..

cameron91
09-25-2009, 09:49 PM
DO I HEAR THE FAT LADY SINGING :eek:

Rock - 27

Oye - 14 ...

tigerfan09
09-25-2009, 10:13 PM
Rockdale has a very good team this year.

cameron91
09-25-2009, 10:15 PM
great win rockdale..hope you play like this the rest of the year.

cameron as yet to show up in big games, one day we will over come this hurdle :( :( :( :(

tigerfan09
09-25-2009, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by cameron91
great win rockdale..hope you play like this the rest of the year.

cameron as yet to show up in big games, one day we will over come this hurdle :( :( :( :(

You're right about that...Cameron hasn't shown up at a big game since the Randy Sapp era...

tigerfan09
09-25-2009, 10:25 PM
Will the clock ever show 0:00?

Cameron was soundly defeated by Rockdale tonight. When was the last time that Rockdale totally dominated Cameron? It's been since the 90s I believe?

sicem74
09-25-2009, 10:51 PM
what about the 13-1 season in 05 with mullins...how could you ever forget about the big games in that season

Old Tiger
09-25-2009, 10:52 PM
Rockdale's starting defense only gave up 14 to the Yoe offense tonight. Cameron scored garbage points in the final minute against the second string D. #4 and #5 are going to be sore tomorrow!

Great win Tigers! 41-21

tigerfan09
09-25-2009, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by sicem74
what about the 13-1 season in 05 with mullins...how could you ever forget about the big games in that season

You're right...wasn't Charles Foster on that team? He's with the Houston Cougars now, right?

King_LeYoeNidas
09-26-2009, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Rockdale's starting defense only gave up 14 to the Yoe offense tonight. Cameron scored garbage points in the final minute against the second string D. #4 and #5 are going to be sore tomorrow!

Great win Tigers! 41-21

Wellll....I stopped listening when the Yoemen didn't convert the 4th & 10. At that point there were 5 minutes left in the game, Rockdale clearly had the game at hand w/ a score of 27-14. So if you wanna call the last TD Cameron got "garbage" wouldn't you call the last TWO touchdowns Rockdale got the same thing? Cameron had obviously put up a great fight all night and the first freak td rockdale got along w/ the long bomb on the last play of the first half....I think this game was definately a nailbiter for more than 3 1/2 quarters and not nearly the blowout it appears to be.

Dogman_1969
09-26-2009, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
Wellll....I stopped listening when the Yoemen didn't convert the 4th & 10. At that point there were 5 minutes left in the game, Rockdale clearly had the game at hand w/ a score of 27-14. So if you wanna call the last TD Cameron got "garbage" wouldn't you call the last TWO touchdowns Rockdale got the same thing? Cameron had obviously put up a great fight all night and the first freak td rockdale got along w/ the long bomb on the last play of the first half....I think this game was definately a nailbiter for more than 3 1/2 quarters and not nearly the blowout it appears to be.

You must have not been there and listened to kmil. Tigers dominated the yoe from start to end. Tigers led 41-14 till they called the dogs offs on both sides of the ball.

Look at the facts, the yoe got a td on 4and14 when the Tiger DB fell down for their first td, their second one was a great drive that they passed down the field to open the second half with. Their last td was on backups when the score was 41-14 with under 45 seconds left to play.

Bottom line is Tiger's controlled both lines of scrimmage. They took the yoe scat back out of the game. I doubt he had 20 yds rushing and don't think he had a catch. And he was their leading receiver. Totally controlled the game.

Way to Go Tigers..........

aggiejon85
09-26-2009, 01:30 AM
Rockdale's D was lights out tonight, might be one of the best defense's in 3A, If Rockdale and Navasota take care of business, thats going to be one of the biggest game's of the year in 3A.

navscanmaster
09-26-2009, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by aggiejon85
Rockdale's D was lights out tonight, might be one of the best defense's in 3A, If Rockdale and Navasota take care of business, thats going to be one of the biggest game's of the year in 3A.
Agreed. After facing Rudder's disciplined D, I can't wait to see Rockdale's tough as nails D.

87 TIGER
09-26-2009, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by tigerfan09
Will the clock ever show 0:00?

Cameron was soundly defeated by Rockdale tonight. When was the last time that Rockdale totally dominated Cameron? It's been since the 90s I believe? The last time Cameron was dominated by the Tigers was 2 years ago I think the score was 43-21 or something like that 500+ yds on the ground .Can't wait to see the stats from this years game.

Old Tiger
09-26-2009, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
The last time Cameron was dominated by the Tigers was 2 years ago I think the score was 43-21 or something like that 500+ yds on the ground .Can't wait to see the stats from this years game. Daniel Brooks had 172 yards rushing and two touchdowns! Scary part is he's only a soph and runs a 4.4-4.5 forty and IMO he runs similar to West Virginia runningback Noel Devine.

87 TIGER
09-26-2009, 03:05 AM
Wellll....I stopped listening when the Yoemen didn't convert the 4th & 10. At that point there were 5 minutes left in the game, Rockdale clearly had the game at hand w/ a score of 27-14. So if you wanna call the last TD Cameron got "garbage" wouldn't you call the last TWO touchdowns Rockdale got the same thing? Cameron had obviously put up a great fight all night and the first freak td rockdale got along w/ the long bomb on the last play of the first half....I think this game was definately a nailbiter for more than 3 1/2 quarters and not nearly the blowout it appears to be. hey king, with the score 27-14 and 5 minutes left we got the ball around the yoe 30. You have to keep playing because if you give it back to cameron they are just a big play and an onsides kick from winning the game. So you can call it junk but its football, play til the end. It was a hard hitting game just like you would expect in the BOTB. Good luck the rest of the way And that Bell is already looking better, getting all that maroon off.

ziggy29
09-26-2009, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by aggiejon85
Rockdale's D was lights out tonight, might be one of the best defense's in 3A
That was the Rockdale team we saw in Llano in Week 0.

King_LeYoeNidas
09-26-2009, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
You must have not been there and listened to kmil. Tigers dominated the yoe from start to end. Tigers led 41-14 till they called the dogs offs on both sides of the ball.

Look at the facts, the yoe got a td on 4and14 when the Tiger DB fell down for their first td, their second one was a great drive that they passed down the field to open the second half with. Their last td was on backups when the score was 41-14 with under 45 seconds left to play.

Bottom line is Tiger's controlled both lines of scrimmage. They took the yoe scat back out of the game. I doubt he had 20 yds rushing and don't think he had a catch. And he was their leading receiver. Totally controlled the game.

so by your logic, listening to a different station meanst the score was different? I'm not arguing the Rockdale victory. In fact, had it not been for 200 yards in penalties, it may have been worse. What I am arguing is calling a touchdown "junk points" when Rockdale scored 2 times in the last 5 minutes of the game when they were already up by 13 as it was. That is all. Again, I'm all about playing til the end but don't discredit and make it seem as if this win was a walk in the park as it was not. Cameron has a rough time ahead of them and it doesn't get any easier this week. I think that the result of the Mexia/West game shows that anything can happen so I wouldn't count them out just yet. Cameron is now in the very position Rockale was in this time last year and we all know how that turned out.

Coach BS
09-26-2009, 10:36 AM
Way to go Tigers!!
The yoe QB and RB got their Bell rung last night. HA!

rockdale80
09-26-2009, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Coach BS
Way to go Tigers!!
The yoe QB and RB got their Bell rung last night. HA!

GO TIGERS!!!

Yoe_09
09-26-2009, 01:09 PM
I give the tigers credit, we got outplayed and out-coached last night. In my opinion the game totally swung when rockdale got that very long pass with 5 seconds to go in the half. Cameron has yet to show anything offensively that they have compared to last year. I think the offensive line is not picking up some blocks and it is causing us some problems. The coaching so far for the Yoe has been horrid. The play calling has been at best questionable. The Yoe are going to have to step it together quick if they are going to win a few games in district play. Good game rockdale, enjoy the bell for 2 years.

Old Tiger
09-26-2009, 01:16 PM
so by your logic, listening to a different station meanst the score was different? I'm not arguing the Rockdale victory. In fact, had it not been for 200 yards in penalties, it may have been worse. What I am arguing is calling a touchdown "junk points" when Rockdale scored 2 times in the last 5 minutes of the game when they were already up by 13 as it was. That is all. Again, I'm all about playing til the end but don't discredit and make it seem as if this win was a walk in the park as it was not. Cameron has a rough time ahead of them and it doesn't get any easier this week. I think that the result of the Mexia/West game shows that anything can happen so I wouldn't count them out just yet. Cameron is now in the very position Rockale was in this time last year and we all know how that turned out. up 13 points with 5 minutes left doesn't mean the game was in hand or anything! When we scored the final two touchdowns that officially put the game away. Yalls touchdown in the final 30 seconds is considered garbage points against the second string D. That is all that I meant by the statement.

On another note...how have you been doing man?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-26-2009, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by bigYoe

Obviously not a fumble.

yoe64
09-26-2009, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969

What does having listened to KMIL have to do with it? Are you saying KRXT called it different/

Yoe_09
09-26-2009, 02:25 PM
no it was a fumble but that is besides the point. Rockdale won and i give them credit. As far as the refs, they are the worst I have seen in a LONG while.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-26-2009, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
no it was a fumble but that is besides the point. Rockdale won and i give them credit. As far as the refs, they are the worst I have seen in a LONG while.

No, it wasn't a fumble. Did you even watch the game?

Dogman_1969
09-26-2009, 02:33 PM
I agree with you on bad officiating. If the game was called correctly the game would have been a much larger margin for the Tigers. I bet we had 200 yds penalities when the yoe held our DE's on every play and was never called. Especially bad calls by line judge on yoe sideline.

Called the Brooks kid for unsportsmanlike conduct for holding up his left are for 2 seconds as he crossed the goalline after a 70+ yard run. Watch the yoe receiver after his td catches and tell us why nothing was called. They should have just let the kids play.......

Yoe_09
09-26-2009, 03:34 PM
the officiating was horrible for both sides okay. Im not trying to lean one way on this at all. It is the worst officiating ive seen in a while, and im sure someone could have had more points and someone could have had less. Im just stating the fact that the officiating was horrible.