PDA

View Full Version : Site Suggestion

poisoned10
09-25-2009, 02:44 PM
Wasn't sure exactly where to put this, so I figured since the "Football" forum gets more traffic, I would post it here.

Maybe this does exist and I've just missed it, but I would REALLY love to see a "lo-fi" or "mobile" version of 3ADownLow. You know, similar to a 'text only' email versus an html email.

I do a lot through my phone, including browsing the web constantly, especially on Friday nights when I'm away from my computer and want to check up on team from around the state. It is definitely a pain to try to bring up this site, especially when you're on EDGE with only a couple of bars.

Like I said, maybe it does exist and I just can't seem to find it or maybe no one has really thought about it. Maybe it really isn't a possibility for this website, I don't know.

Just a suggestion if it's at all possible.

Thanks for listening!

Ranger Mom
09-25-2009, 02:48 PM
It doesn't exist.

The idea has been brought up a time or two and we didn't get a lot of feed back that seemed really interested.

Maybe it's time for another poll?

kaorder1999
09-25-2009, 02:49 PM
an iphone, ipod touch app would be cool!

pirate4state
09-25-2009, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
an iphone, ipod touch app would be cool! LOL

The only thing I don't like about it with my touch pro is that I have to constantly tap the screen to make the font bigger so I can read it.

I wish we had a twitter page so only score updates could be posted there. That would be so much easier to read.

A twitter page for each region would be AWESOME!

But that would require someone who doesn't attend games to run. :(

IrishTex
09-25-2009, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
LOL

The only thing I don't like about it with my touch pro is that I have to constantly tap the screen to make the font bigger so I can read it.

I wish we had a twitter page so only score updates could be posted there. That would be so much easier to read.

A twitter page for each region would be AWESOME!

But that would require someone who doesn't attend games to run. :(

Heeeeyyy, that's a great idea!!!!
I have a Twitter account...maybe we can test it out tonight?

http://twitter.com/LewP

poisoned10
09-25-2009, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex

You know I'll be sending you updates on the Gilmer games as well. There is one game covered.

IrishTex
09-25-2009, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by poisoned10
You know I'll be sending you updates on the Gilmer games as well. There is one game covered.

Thanks Poison!!
If you want to Tweet me..here is my address.

poisoned10
09-25-2009, 03:01 PM
Thanks Poison!!
If you want to Tweet me..here is my address.

I never got into the whole twitter thing. I never really understood it and I still don't really.

I'll be more than happy though to continue sending text updates so you can update everyone else via Twitter.

Emerson1
09-25-2009, 03:23 PM
Just use Opera Mini. It makes every website readable on my Vu at least. Very convenient when trying to read the forum on my phone as it line breaks so I don't have to scroll left and right

Ranger Mom
09-25-2009, 03:25 PM
I obviously need some "technology" lessons...yall lost me at twitter!!!

waterboy
09-25-2009, 03:26 PM
poisoned10, I will be at the game tonight, so I won't be needing any text updates. Thank you, and I will let you know when I'll be needing updates in the future.

Okay, bud?

pirate4state
09-25-2009, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Just use Opera Mini. It makes every website readable on my Vu at least. Very convenient when trying to read the forum on my phone as it line breaks so I don't have to scroll left and right I have Opera. What is Opera Mini? You know I'm an idiot.

pirate4state
09-25-2009, 03:29 PM

I meant having an "official" 3ADL page dedicated to each region, but that would require permission from the owners.

I follow callertimes on twitter and they are pretty good about RT'ing scores from around our area. :nerd:

poisoned10
09-25-2009, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
poisoned10, I will be at the game tonight, so I won't be needing any text updates. Thank you, and I will let you know when I'll be needing updates in the future.

Okay, bud?

Sounds good!

poisoned10
09-25-2009, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Just use Opera Mini. It makes every website readable on my Vu at least. Very convenient when trying to read the forum on my phone as it line breaks so I don't have to scroll left and right

Never even thought about that. Although I never really liked it on my older BlackBerrys.

IrishTex
09-25-2009, 03:35 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by poisoned10
I never got into the whole twitter thing. I never really understood it and I still don't really.

I'll be more than happy though to continue sending text updates so you can update everyone else via Twitter. [/QUOTEThat works poison...I appreciate it!

Move The Chains
09-25-2009, 04:50 PM
I've got the mytouch and I have no issues on friday. I get online while I'm at the game.... I have a quick link to the forum. I just click it, it brings up the forum. I cvan read threads just like I normally would and I can post, etc. Kind of a pain because the sceen is so small and I have to focus on the screen, but that's why I update by qt's and during timeouts.

People areound me count on me for statewide scores. LOL. I'm usually able to tell them "Man, Gilmer is LOSING at halftime!" and they're like "woah!"

Or they'll ask me "Can you find a score for so and so?" and it's never a problem. Just a matter of about 30 seconds. I don't really know how you could make a mobile version simpler. It would still have to show the threads, etc.

I have no problems the way it is, I guess. Works for me. :thumbsup: