PDA

View Full Version : Ten Biggest Upsets in BCS History

Phil C
09-25-2009, 11:23 AM
This is according to Sports Illustrated. It is interesting but I disagree with their choices of 1 - 4. They may have been surprises but not really upsets. No. 1 was the Boise State 43 Oklahoma 42 game which was a surprise at the time but with how good Boise State has done (yes I know they have soft schedules) it wasn't that big an upset. No. 2 was Appalachian State 34 Michigan 32 which looking back wasn't that big. Appalachian was not in Division 1 but they were a power in their division and Michigan had a down year that year. Nos. 3 and 4 were UT over USC in the Rose Bowl and Ohio State beating Miami in another BCS National Championship Game in OT. These were not that big of upsets because after all it was No. 1 against No. 2 and all were good teams - Hello! Me thinks upsets should be made of more sterner stuff than this. :)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0909/cfb.signature.moments.10.biggest.upsets.bcs.era/content.1.html

blowfish
09-25-2009, 02:01 PM
Not to be a party pooper, but any poll that has Ole Miss in the top ten should be banished and never be allowed to exist!

Phil C
09-25-2009, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by blowfish
Not to be a party pooper, but any poll that has Ole Miss in the top ten should be banished and never be allowed to exist!

I don't go that far but they did move them up too soon and too high but they probably did it to help tv ratings for the game last night. Ole Miss is definitely a top 20 team and is capable of beating top teams but it was too early to put them that high this early.