PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer Buckeys Biggest Loss

lulu
09-25-2009, 10:28 AM
The Buckeye family have suffered their biggest loss of the season
this week.

Matt Camp..38 years old...a loved community leader and a kind Christian man was met by his Heavenly Father and carried home.
He left behind a wife and young son and a whole host of friends.
I am so sorry to all my friends in Buckeye land. I know he was a great part of your team and that your hearts are broken.

He was about as football realted as you can get in Gilmer..thus the post on this forum.

Prayers and thoughts tonight as your community and team honors him at your game.

WIN ONE for MATT
:(

Buckeye80
09-25-2009, 10:48 AM
Matt Camp was pure class! He loved his Buckeyes and his community and fought as bravely as anyone could ever hope for the last three years. He was a brilliant example to everyone in this community and will be very dearly missed.

Win one for Matt, Buckeyes! He'll be watching.

zebrablue2
09-25-2009, 10:54 AM
Prayers sent to all involved and the family!! Sad news indeed..

d0tc0m
09-25-2009, 10:56 AM
Prayers to all Matt's family, friends, and fans in Gilmer and beyond. Matt's got the best seat in the house tonight though! Go Buckeyes!

pirate4state
09-25-2009, 10:59 AM

May he rest in peace

44INAROW
09-25-2009, 11:00 AM
sounds like he was a great fan of Buckeye sports. Rest in Peace Matt :(

lulu
09-25-2009, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

May he rest in peace

I think he was radio host for their games. Tonight at the coin toss his son Cade will be making the toss. This according to the newspaper here. He was a hugh personality to the Buckeyes.

BuckeyeNut
09-25-2009, 11:21 AM
He is a great person, always talking about how he could help people. He will always be apart of Buckeye Football.

waterboy
09-25-2009, 11:24 AM
Yes, there will be a whole lot of heavy hearts at Buckeye Stadium tonight. I knew Matt his entire life, and his Dad was my elementary school principal. I talked to him many times at the bank and in passing. He was a very good, down-to-earth, Christian man whom anyone who ever met him could call a friend. To know him was to love him. I consider it the ultimate honor to have known him, and he will be sorely missed by all who knew him. I'm sure he will be looking through the holes in the floors of heaven tonight watching his favorite team, the Buckeyes, play against their rival, the Daingerfield Tigers, tonight. He will DEFINITELY have the best seat in the house. And like he always said at the end of his Buckeye broadcasts, "Remember, God loves you, and we do, too! Good night!"

SHSBulldog00
09-25-2009, 11:42 AM
Thought's and prayer's for the Camp family and the Buckeye Nation.