PDA

View Full Version : midfield prayers after a game

charlesrixey
09-25-2009, 08:54 AM
I guess i have just been used to Bobcat games for fifteen years; because i never really thought about how many schools do this. Does yours? I wonder what percentage of schools do---i never realized it might not be a majority

Farmersfan
09-25-2009, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
I guess i have just been used to Bobcat games for fifteen years; because i never really thought about how many schools do this. Does yours? I wonder what percentage of schools do---i never realized it might not be a majority

I was really surprised with the Prosper players coming over to our side of the field after the game and standing with our players as our band played our school song. I thought it was great show of sportsmanship. More teams should do it.

trojan37
09-25-2009, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I was really surprised with the Prosper players coming over to our side of the field after the game and standing with our players as our band played our school song. I thought it was great show of sportsmanship. More teams should do it.

China Spring does that with his players. I thought that was classy of Coach Bell to do this with his kids. Also the team prayer in the middle of the field after the game by Celina is awesome.

Ex-Tiger2005
09-25-2009, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan

Snyder does this after every game even with S'water!!! I think it is a great show of class!!!

SHSBulldog00
09-25-2009, 11:02 AM
Sweeny does it before and after the game. It's Tradition.

Ex-Tiger2005
09-25-2009, 11:06 AM
thats def. a great tradition to have!!!

lulu
09-25-2009, 11:08 AM
Our players always shake hands after the game and our Student Council gives a gift of donation to a charity in the name of the opposing school. This is done on field prior to the game with representatives from both schools present.

Ranger Mom
09-25-2009, 11:51 AM
At Greenwood ...no matter who wins or loses....the opposing team stands behind the other with helmets raised during each schools school song after the "good game" handshake....and we always meet at the center of the field with the other team for a prayer.

lulu
09-25-2009, 01:10 PM
I have seen our team pray with many teams but I guess it is if the other teams want to do that or not. I don't know why it is not a constant. Our team always prays but it's not always a joint thing.

I like the standing together of both teams while both school songs are played.

This kind of event breeds good sportsmanship.