PDA

View Full Version : Just reread FNL...wondering how

shamu85
09-24-2009, 05:04 PM
How the heck did Dallas Carter tie one ballgame and get played as closely as they did by both Marshall and Permian? They had NINE kids sign major college scholarships from that team. I can't believe they didn't win every game by 3 TD's. And wow, even outside the robberies, what a messed up bunch of kids they were.

I noticed in the '89 season, they were not in the playoffs. Was this because they were on probation, or because they didn't make it? Anyone know?

Txbroadcaster
09-24-2009, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by shamu85
How the heck did Dallas Carter tie one ballgame and get played as closely as they did by both Marshall and Permian? They had NINE kids sign major college scholarships from that team. I can't believe they didn't win every game by 3 TD's. And wow, even outside the robberies, what a messed up bunch of kids they were.

I noticed in the '89 season, they were not in the playoffs. Was this because they were on probation, or because they didn't make it? Anyone know?

Marshall was good in 88..REAL REAL good. Basically the Carter v Marshall game was the State Title game..even Carter coach Freddie James said that once