PDA

View Full Version : Entertainer Biographies (Warning: Old Man Rant)

Bullaholic
09-24-2009, 09:11 AM
I am so tired of seeing washed-up, recovered alcoholic/drug abuser stories about the lives of famous people just before they come out with their books in a feeble attempt to get back in the limelight and put some more money in their back pockets.

They all drop some bombshell tidbit about their past on Oprah or one of the entertainment tabloid shows just before their biographies are published. Latest case---MacKenzie Phillips and her stories about her sexual relationship with her dad. Enough already---it is sad to think that there are enough mindless lemming, groupie wannabes out there to continue to support such media ploys with their hard-earned dollars.

There---I feel much better now. :D

Farmersfan
09-24-2009, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I am so tired of seeing washed-up, recovered alcoholic/drug abuser stories about the lives of famous people just before they come out with their books in a feeble attempt to get back in the limelight and put some more money in their back pockets.

They all drop some bombshell tidbit about their past on Oprah or one of the entertainment tabloid shows just before their biographies are published. Latest case---MacKenzie Phillips and her stories about her sexual relationship with her dad. Enough already---it is sad to think that there are enough mindless lemming, groupie wannabes out there to continue to support such media ploys with their hard-earned dollars.

There---I feel much better now. :D

We can only blame ourselves. If people didn't care the story wouldn't come out.

Bullaholic
09-24-2009, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan

Not a matter of caring, Farmer---I care for people who have misfortune in their lives and wish them well. I question their motivations in marketing their troubles.

DDBooger
09-24-2009, 10:20 AM
Not a matter of caring, Farmer---I care for people who have misfortune in their lives and wish them well. I question their motivations in marketing their troubles. maybe you should watch those otters holding hands in the water, it will make you feel better! :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epUk3T2Kfno

Bullaholic
09-24-2009, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
maybe you should watch those otters holding hands in the water, it will make you feel better! :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epUk3T2Kfno

LOL. Yep--no doubt about it, booger---those otters are in it for the money---I bet their agent filmed this. :D

DDBooger
09-24-2009, 10:28 AM
LOL. Yep--no doubt about it, booger---those otters are in it for the money---I bet their agent filmed this. :D LMAO :devil:
DAMN THEM! ;)

Farmersfan
09-24-2009, 10:42 AM
Not a matter of caring, Farmer---I care for people who have misfortune in their lives and wish them well. I question their motivations in marketing their troubles.

What OTHER reasons would someone have for marketing their troubles? Of course it's about putting money in their back pocket.

Farmersfan
09-24-2009, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan

What I originally mean was that if people didn't WANT to read about these peoples troubles then the story wouldn't come out. Perhaps caring was the wrong word.