PDA

View Full Version : Cedar Hill Teacher Arrested for Drugs

kaorder1999
09-24-2009, 08:36 AM
Cedar Hill Teacher Arrested for Drugs
Published : Wednesday, 23 Sep 2009, 6:48 PM CDT

Adapted for Web by Tracy DeLatte
CEDAR HILL, Texas - A Cedar Hill middle school teacher was arrested Wednesday at work for having painkillers without a prescription.

School district administrators said the woman, who has not yet been identified, worked at Beltline Intermediate School.

On Friday, her students reported that she was behaving erratically and slurring her speech in the classroom, officials said.

As part of an investigation, she was removed from the campus and put on administrative assignment at district headquarters Monday. Police arrested her Wednesday after finding several pills of Darvocet, a narcotic painkiller.

Administrators said she didn’t go quietly.

“She was rather loud in speaking with them and she felt like her rights had been violated. I believe she stated she was going to contact her representative and President Obama,” said Cedar Hill ISD spokesman Kim Lewis.

The woman has been employed with the district for four to five years and school administrators said they’ve had no previous disciplinary problems with her.

Ranger Mom
09-24-2009, 08:39 AM
This is kinda sorta on the same track....but, is it illegal to take painkillers that aren't prescribed to you??

If so....I am a lawbreaker!!:eek:

crzyjournalist03
09-24-2009, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
This is kinda sorta on the same track....but, is it illegal to take painkillers that aren't prescribed to you??

If they are prescription-level narcotics, then yes.

BILLYFRED0000
09-24-2009, 08:47 AM
Hey mom, It ain't illegal to take them. The question is how did she get them with out a prescription? Controlled substance.

Maroon87
09-24-2009, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999

“ I believe she stated she was going to contact her representative and President Obama,” said Cedar Hill ISD spokesman Kim Lewis.

Classic...

RedWhiteBlue
09-24-2009, 08:58 AM

It is illegal to be in possession of a prescription controlled substance that is not prescribed to you specifically.
So, even if you are prescribed painkillers- it is a good idea to always carry them in the prescription bottle provided to you when you got the prescription so that you can prove they are yours. Otherwise, officers have every right to take you in to custody until you can prove they belong to you. JMO:D

Ranger Mom
09-24-2009, 09:03 AM
When I fell up the stands in Lamesa and sliced my nose open, the ER Dr. tried to prescribe me some pain pills...I declined.

About 2 hours later I was wishing I hadn't....a family member gave me some Darvocet that she had...I took it and never gave it a second thought!!!

pirate4state
09-24-2009, 09:09 AM
Man, the few times Darvocet has been prescribed to me, it has not taken my pain away, all it does is make me sick to my stomach!

Trashman
09-24-2009, 09:12 AM
A friend of mine hurt his back while roofing his house over the weekend. His wife gave him some of her perscription pain pills. On Monday he was selected for random drug testing by his employer. He was required to do 30 days of out patient drug treatment because the pills weren't perscribed to him. He was also suspended without pay the entire 30 days. So be very careful of whose pills you take.

turbostud
09-24-2009, 09:19 AM

Administrators said she didn’t go quietly.

“She was rather loud in speaking with them and she felt like her rights had been violated. I believe she stated she was going to contact her representative and President Obama,” said Cedar Hill ISD spokesman Kim Lewis.

:D :D Im going to call Obama too.

turbostud
09-24-2009, 09:22 AM
When I had PRK eye surgery they gave me some great painkillers. After 3 days and no more pain, I just threw them away so I wouldnt be tempted to keep taking them.

Old Tiger
09-24-2009, 09:31 AM
I think prescription pills are the biggest drug no one really talks about.

Ranger Mom
09-24-2009, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Man, the few times Darvocet has been prescribed to me, it has not taken my pain away, all it does is make me sick to my stomach!

My Dr. gave me Darvocet and Lortab after my surgery....I didn't notice any less pain either.....the Lortab made me sick!!

They are all still sitting in the the bottle in my bathroom!

I would think that teacher would have had to ingested quite a few to be slurring.....I would take 2 and not feel any effect at all.

pirate4state
09-24-2009, 10:15 AM
.....I would take 2 and not feel any effect at all. Me either!

Old Tiger
09-24-2009, 10:22 AM
I would take 2 and not feel any effect at all. take a shot of your favorite liquor and see how that works.

Move The Chains
09-24-2009, 10:27 AM
I believe she stated she was going to contact her representative and President Obama,” ROFLMAO

BILLYFRED0000
09-24-2009, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
ROFLMAO

She is probably one of the ones that also thinks she won't have to pay her mortgage or pay for her gas anymore....:rolleyes:

kaorder1999
09-24-2009, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
She is probably one of the ones that also thinks she won't have to pay her mortgage or pay for her gas anymore....:rolleyes:

:clap:

Mcguirk
09-24-2009, 12:05 PM
I always wondered why they walk the drug dogs through the schools and the students parking lot, but never the teachers parking lot.;)

garciap77
09-24-2009, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Mcguirk
I always wondered why they walk the drug dogs through the schools and the students parking lot, but never the teachers parking lot.;)
You better stop parking there Mcguirk!;)

zeeman
09-24-2009, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
A friend of mine hurt his back while roofing his house over the weekend. His wife gave him some of her perscription pain pills. On Monday he was selected for random drug testing by his employer. He was required to do 30 days of out patient drug treatment because the pills weren't perscribed to him. He was also suspended without pay the entire 30 days. So be very careful of whose pills you take.

Exactly! Not very smart on your friends part. Especially since I'm sure he knew his company did random drug testing. He should have went to the doctor when he hurt his back. He's lucky they didn't fire him.

Trashman
09-24-2009, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by zeeman
Exactly! Not very smart on your friends part. Especially since I'm sure he knew his company did random drug testing. He should have went to the doctor when he hurt his back. He's lucky they didn't fire him.

He has learned a very valuable lesson.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-24-2009, 06:02 PM
He has learned a very valuable lesson.

So what are you going to be doing while you're off of work for 30 days? Aside posting on here of course. ;)

injuredinmelee
09-24-2009, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
You better stop parking there Mcguirk!;)

McQuirk is too smart to get caught. (Allow me to say in no way do I assume or believe that Mr. McQuirk uses or abuses any type of narcotic... hes too dang smart for that too.)

Trashman
09-24-2009, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
So what are you going to be doing while you're off of work for 30 days? Aside posting on here of course. ;)

Now that was funny! LOL I am home because my 4 year old and I both are suffering from upper respiratory infections. Been confined to the house for the past 4 days and it is driving us both crazy. Doc says I can go back to work next week. Not sure who is happier me or the 4 year old who has to go back to day care. :D

DDBooger
09-24-2009, 11:49 PM
Now that was funny! LOL I am home because my 4 year old and I both are suffering from upper respiratory infections. Been confined to the house for the past 4 days and it is driving us both crazy. Doc says I can go back to work next week. Not sure who is happier me or the 4 year old who has to go back to day care. :D when I was a kid and I got sick I used to love to hock up loogis and show em to my brother. He had the worst gag reflex lol being an older brother is awesome.

Footballhudini
09-25-2009, 05:52 AM
liquor and illegal pills...

this thread is terrible

Footballhudini
09-25-2009, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
I think prescription pills are the biggest drug no one really talks about.

ill give a big +1 to this1