PDA

View Full Version : A. Wylie is Brownwood's red headed step child

Looking4number8
09-23-2009, 09:35 PM
Two post were put up this morning at about the same time. One a well written and legit aritical about how good Wylie's defense is this year. The second is a complete B.S. post about Brownwood. The Brownwood thread has twice and many views and twice as many post as the Wylie thread.

Sorry A.W. people, it seems nobody loves you... you just have to settle for being 2nd fiddle to Brownwood! From now on if you want to talk about your 2nd tier school, just put something about us in the tittle. We don't mind helping you guys out.. heck we actually like you guys, :) :)

lakers
09-23-2009, 09:48 PM
"tittle" haha

garciap77
09-23-2009, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Two post were put up this morning at about the same time. One a well written and legit aritical about how good Wylie's defense is this year. The second is a complete B.S. post about Brownwood. The Brownwood thread has twice and many views and twice as many post as the Wylie thread.

Sorry A.W. people, it seems nobody loves you... you just have to settle for being 2nd fiddle to Brownwood! From now on if you want to talk about your 2nd tier school, just put something about us in the tittle. We don't mind helping you guys out.. heck we actually like you guys, :) :)

We love you too!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/2946129062_766234b92e-1.jpg

:D

:p

;)

Looking4number8
09-23-2009, 10:06 PM
Last Year

Originally posted by garciap77

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/2946129062_766234b92e-1.jpg

;)

This Year

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/phoca_thumb_l_img_16721.jpg

garciap77
09-23-2009, 10:34 PM
This is what we do to Lions!

http://www.reporternews.com/videos/detail/wylie-bulldogs-punish-lions/

injuredinmelee
09-23-2009, 11:56 PM
i would reckon that we take care of it on the field and you bwood folks just like to talk talk talk talk talk about it. Usually the case when you cant back it up.

Gators17
09-24-2009, 12:31 AM
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

hollywood
09-24-2009, 07:45 AM
This is what we do to Lions!

http://www.reporternews.com/videos/detail/wylie-bulldogs-punish-lions/

Hahahahaha... Gp77, was that Vernon's JV? My goodness, they made y'all look like a decent 3A team.:D

BwdLions
09-24-2009, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
i would reckon that we take care of it on the field and you bwood folks just like to talk talk talk talk talk about it. Usually the case when you cant back it up.

Yes, the Brownwood fans talk, talk, talk, about it. However, you're dead wrong about the second part. The actual Brownwood players will back it up on the field. Don't get too cocky. Wylie is good, but they're not unbeatable.

Rocket
09-24-2009, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

The players aren't talking, the fans are. The fans aren't playing, the players are. How can the fans EVER back it up on the field? LOL

Lighten up melee... quit being so grumpy. Sheesh.

Wylie is definitely not unbeatable. VERNON SUCKED! My goodness...

jockcity33
09-24-2009, 10:42 AM
I have no dog in this fight just an observation. For the last two weeks not much as been said about Brownwood, then gets a win last week and the B'wood posters come out of the dark and start talking about how good they are, Wylie always talks about good they are and their record can pretty much back that up.

Brownwood posters why not talk your talk when your team is not playing well and show the team that you are still supporting them instead of going into your little cocoon.

Move The Chains
09-24-2009, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
VERNON SUCKED! I thought it was against the rules to say this kinda thing? :thinking: :confused:

Either way... not cool man. Some players read this stuff. Try to be a bit more respectful. :rolleyes:

IrishTex
09-24-2009, 10:50 AM
I have n o dog in this fight either, mark me down as saying Abilene Wylie wins another state crown this year.

hollywood
09-24-2009, 10:53 AM
Keep inflating the balloon. Can't wait until Oct 9th...

garciap77
09-24-2009, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by jockcity33
I have no dog in this fight just an observation. For the last two weeks not much as been said about Brownwood, then gets a win last week and the B'wood posters come out of the dark and start talking about how good they are, Wylie always talks about good they are and their record can pretty much back that up.

Brownwood posters why not talk your talk when your team is not playing well and show the team that you are still supporting them instead of going into your little cocoon.
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/TheRocketTheory.jpg

;)

Ex-Tiger2005
09-24-2009, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by IrishTex
I have n o dog in this fight either, mark me down as saying Abilene Wylie wins another state crown this year.

This is what I have been hearing!!! My uncle went to the Frenship game and said this Wylie team might be better than the 05 team. I played against that 05 team and they were REAL good so i am anxious to see these guys play!!!

BwdLions
09-24-2009, 11:47 AM
What would you have us say after the 35-0 loss to S'ville? There's not much to brag about after a loss like that. We've had a lot of injuries to key players this year and are still 3-1. We should be healthy by the time we play district. Will be beat Wylie or Graham? Who knows. Do we think we have a chance to beat them? I sure do. We'll see.

garciap77
09-24-2009, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
What would you have us say after the 35-0 loss to S'ville? There's not much to brag about after a loss like that. We've had a lot of injuries to key players this year and are still 3-1. We should be healthy by the time we play district. Will be beat Wylie or Graham? Who knows. Do we think we have a chance to beat them? I sure do. We'll see.

We could have a Wylie beats Brownwood, Brownwood beats Graham, and Graham beats Wylie, and lets not forget Snyder! Should be a great went our district starts!

Rocket
09-24-2009, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
I thought it was against the rules to say this kinda thing? :thinking: :confused:

Either way... not cool man. Some players read this stuff. Try to be a bit more respectful. :rolleyes:

Yeah that may have been a little over the line, it was true though.

Rocket
09-24-2009, 12:19 PM
We could have a Wylie beats Brownwood, Brownwood beats Graham, and Graham beats Wylie, and lets not forget Snyder! Should be a great went our district starts!

Yeah, our district is good. No doubt. I say Brownwood wins in D2 and Wylie wins in D1. Total domination.

Rocket
09-24-2009, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions

The Stephenvile game gives no insight or picture of the Brownwood Lions. It was a rainy night, got bit by the injury bug, and was just an all around bad night. Not an accurate picture of Brownwood. Not even close.

blowfish
09-24-2009, 12:44 PM
Talked to the guys at the Whataburger in Early the other day and they said that they cant wait for district play to start for BWood. The Alcohol sales usually go up after district sarts. They need something to water down their dissappointment.

On the other hand they did say that Rocket has his own parking spot for the whole season.

garciap77
09-24-2009, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by blowfish
Talked to the guys at the Whataburger in Early the other day and they said that they cant wait for district play to start for BWood. The Alcohol sales usually go up after district sarts. They need something to water down their dissappointment.

On the other hand they did say that Rocket has his own parking spot for the whole season.

That's not what they are saying at the Wal-Mart in Early! I ran into some Lion fans on my way to the LH/AW game a few weeks ago. We started talking and in conversation I asked them if they knew “Rocket”; they just start laughing. Apparently they ran him out of town a few years ago!:D

;)

OldBison75
09-24-2009, 01:08 PM
Actually, I would say that Wylie may be like the Republicans in this years Congress compared to Brownwood being the administration. They keep telling the administration that the program just dosen't add up and the administration keeps saying, "Well, if it was not for this and that, and if you will just believe us, it will work."

garciap77
09-24-2009, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Actually, I would say that Wylie may be like the Republicans in this years Congress compared to Brownwood being the administration. They keep telling the administration that the program just dosen't add up and the administration keeps saying, "Well, if it was not for this and that, and if you will just believe us, it will work."

:clap: :clap: :clap:

lol

;)

Texasfootball2
09-24-2009, 01:18 PM
That's not what they are saying at the Wal-Mart in Early! I ran into some Lion fans on my way to the LH/AW game a few weeks ago. We started talking and in conversation I asked them if they knew “Rocket”; they just start laughing. Apparently they ran him out of town a few years ago!:D

;)

Sorry to burst your bubble garciap77 but there is no Wal Mart in Early! :D :crazy1: . I'm not excatly sure just where the Whataburger is but it's close enough to go either way.

Just thought you guys wanted to know:)

I'm out!

95mustang
09-24-2009, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by jockcity33

Were you not around last year? According to everyone else on here we talked to much last year. I have posted just as much on here and supported the Lions just as much win or lose. I have never been in a cocoon. For the few that know me they know I am do dadgum big to get into a cocoon.

95mustang
09-24-2009, 01:43 PM
Oops I forgot to add Brownwood will once again show Wylie why we are the center of their universe. :D

95mustang
09-24-2009, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex

Not disagreeing with you one bit on that statement.

hollywood
09-24-2009, 01:49 PM
Keep inflating the balloon. It'll eventually pop, let's say on... Oct 9th. The Bulldogs will be in for a surprise.

DaHop72
09-24-2009, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
For the few that know me they know I am do dadgum big to get into a cocoon. :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

pirate4state
09-24-2009, 01:56 PM
The Stephenvile game gives no insight or picture of the Brownwood Lions. It was a rainy night, got bit by the injury bug, and was just an all around bad night. Not an accurate picture of Brownwood. Not even close. Don't forget, for all the above reasons, you guys threw the game.

DaHop72
09-24-2009, 01:58 PM
The Stephenvile game gives no insight or picture of the Brownwood Lions. It was a rainy night, got bit by the injury bug, and was just an all around bad night. Not an accurate picture of Brownwood. Not even close. Stephenville ;) ;)

Sville
09-24-2009, 02:08 PM
The Stephenvile game gives no insight or picture of the Brownwood Lions. It was a rainy night, got bit by the injury bug, and was just an all around bad night. Not an accurate picture of Brownwood. Not even close.

You know I started to let this go out of respect for other Bwood posters, but I just can't. I am goin to stick up for the performance our young men had against Bwood. First off you weren't even at the game were you? You were probably where you live now in freakin New Mexico. That is what your website says now anyways. The Jackets won not b/c of who Bwood had missing or got hurt. They won b/c they DOMINATED the line of scrimmage as Lionel Richie sings "All Night Long". The outcome of the game would of been the same even if your precious Lions would of been at full strength. The only difference is the margin would of been closer. We won b/c our offensive and defensive lines were better than yours. And to set the record straight. It rained on and off in the 1st half and it only sprinkled on and off in the 2nd half. TSU Memorial is fake grass that drains exceptionally well. So stop blaming it on the weather. We played in it too, Einstein.

So chumpalicious what it boils down too. Is you are a guy that is good with a PC that has never played a down of meaningful football in his life. That relies on 2nd hand information to form his ridiculous opinions from F'in New Mexico. You also make all your Bwood brethren cringe every time you post a dumb@$$ comment. So I suggest in the famous words of Eddie Murphy, "Have a coke and a smile and shut the F up."

pirate4state
09-24-2009, 02:13 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Man, that's funny stuff right there. Too bad it's gonna get edited or pulled, but that's greatness right there!

:1popcorn:

Ex-Tiger2005
09-24-2009, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Sville
You know I started to let this go out of respect for other Bwood posters, but I just can't. I am goin to stick up for the performance our young men had against Bwood. First off you weren't even at the game were you? You were probably where you live now in freakin New Mexico. That is what your website says now anyways. The Jackets won not b/c of who Bwood had missing or got hurt. They won b/c they DOMINATED the line of scrimmage as Lionel Richie sings "All Night Long". The outcome of the game would of been the same even if your precious Lions would of been at full strength. The only difference is the margin would of been closer. We won b/c our offensive and defensive lines were better than yours. And to set the record straight. It rained on and off in the 1st half and it only sprinkled on and off in the 2nd half. TSU Memorial is fake grass that drains exceptionally well. So stop blaming it on the weather. We played in it too, Einstein.

So chumpalicious what it boils down too. Is you are a guy that is good with a PC that has never played a down of meaningful football in his life. That relies on 2nd hand information to form his ridiculous opinions from F'in New Mexico. You also make all your Bwood brethren cringe every time you post a dumb@$$ comment. So I suggest in the famous words of Eddie Murphy, "Have a coke and a smile and shut the F up."

:eek: :eek: :eek: :devil: :devil: :devil:

garciap77
09-24-2009, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Sorry to burst your bubble garciap77 but there is no Wal Mart in Early! :D :crazy1: . I'm not excatly sure just where the Whataburger is but it's close enough to go either way.

Just thought you guys wanted to know:)

I'm out!

Of course there is a Wal-Mart in Early!:D

Just keep looking you'll find it!

I also heard at Mr. Burger (from the Wylie Freshman girls) that you looked pretty winded the other day!:D

;)

ccmom
09-24-2009, 02:46 PM

Wow....just wow...:doh: :eek:

Rocket
09-24-2009, 03:03 PM

LOL Did I get to ya?

Remember the Everman game last season? Was that game a representation of the true Stephenville Yellow Jackets? Was it like 56-3? I will be interested to hear your take on this.

I actually caught the game on TV last weekend when I was in Brownwood. Your guys played well. But you didn't get the best we had. Sorry. It is what it is. You won the game. Good job! Go have another bonfire! You bunch of UFO lovin' weirdos.

Anger Management. Look into it.

Move The Chains
09-24-2009, 03:09 PM

So chumpalicious what it boils down too. Is you are a guy that is good with a PC that has never played a down of meaningful football in his life. That relies on 2nd hand information to form his ridiculous opinions from F'in New Mexico. You also make all your Bwood brethren cringe every time you post a dumb@$$ comment. So I suggest in the famous words of Eddie Murphy, "Have a coke and a smile and shut the F up." :eek:

He said "chumpalicious!" LMAO

and :clap:

TheDOCTORdre
09-24-2009, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
:eek:

He said "chumpalicious!" LMAO

and :clap:
yeah this thread was worth reading just because of that word:D

blowfish
09-24-2009, 03:26 PM
Personally I think that Rocket should receive some type of monetary compensation for alowing the DLow to survive. If not for his insightful ramblings the board would be dead.

I for one am going to paypal right now and making a donation to somebody for something in Rocket' s name! :ack!:

TheDOCTORdre
09-24-2009, 03:34 PM
Personally I think that Rocket should receive some type of monetary compensation for alowing the DLow to survive. If not for his insightful ramblings the board would be dead.

I for one am going to paypal right now and making a donation to somebody for something in Rocket' s name! :ack!:

I am accepting donations :D

Rocket
09-24-2009, 03:37 PM

HAHA Blowfish, you coming to the meet and greet at Brownwood?

Rocket
09-24-2009, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Man, that's funny stuff right there. Too bad it's gonna get edited or pulled, but that's greatness right there!

:1popcorn:

I agree. A 25 year losing streak can really make a person bitter. LOL

It was a great post. No doubt.

blowfish
09-24-2009, 03:55 PM
HAHA Blowfish, you coming to the meet and greet at Brownwood?

Unfortunately I will be unable to attend to "Battle in Brownwood" I will however be listening on the web and posting here on the DLow.

Do ya'll play Sweetwater at home or at Sweetwater? If it is in Sweetwater I may try to make that one.

Rocket
09-24-2009, 04:04 PM
Unfortunately I will be unable to attend to "Battle in Brownwood" I will however be listening on the web and posting here on the DLow.

Do ya'll play Sweetwater at home or at Sweetwater? If it is in Sweetwater I may try to make that one.

We will be in Sweetwater. I will be at that one, too.

Rocket
09-24-2009, 07:15 PM
I just finished a cool video on the Abilene Wylie/ Brownwood matchup coming up. It also has clips from the last 3 times they played. It will be fun and should get us hyped up for the game.

I will post a link once it is uploaded and ready.

garciap77
09-24-2009, 08:48 PM
I just finished a cool video on the Abilene Wylie/ Brownwood matchup coming up. It also has clips from the last 3 times they played. It will be fun and should get us hyped up for the game.

I will post a link once it is uploaded and ready.

Let me help you out with a couple of pics!:D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/running-1.jpg
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/qbsack-1.jpg
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/qb2-1.jpg
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/2946129062_766234b92e.jpg

Rocket you know it's going to be a great game! Hope you don't mind the kidding around!:)

Looking4number8
09-24-2009, 08:51 PM
Let me help you out with a couple of pics!:D

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/qb2-1.jpg

Hey, isnt this the one those Abilene refs called that 4th quarter fumble on!

garciap77
09-24-2009, 09:08 PM
Hey, isnt this the one those Abilene refs called that 4th quarter fumble on!

No this is when you beat us at Brownwood!

Looking4number8
09-24-2009, 09:13 PM
No this is when you beat us at Brownwood!

???? How did you already get pictures of Oct 9, 2009????:) :) :) :)

95mustang
09-24-2009, 09:14 PM

You beat me to it Looking>

garciap77
09-24-2009, 09:25 PM

Nice try! But, no beer! Go Hooters!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr181/txfella/ivanbeer.jpg

;)

garciap77
09-24-2009, 09:27 PM
Hey L48! Can we go have some beers at the Hooters in Early before the BW/Wylie game? It should be fun!;)

Looking4number8
09-24-2009, 09:34 PM
Hey L48! Can we go have some beers at the Hooters in Early before the BW/Wylie game? It should be fun!;)

Seriously, you guys are welcome to stop by the house before the game.. I live on the highway headed to the stadium and have lots of porch for some serious pregame beer and bbq. It would be byob... (bring your own boobies) because we just don't have enough to of those in town to share with you Wylie guys..

Another idea is my buddy at Humphry Petes would save us a room for a pregame meet and great if we wante to do some good cold ones there

95mustang
09-24-2009, 09:38 PM
Seriously, you guys are welcome to stop by the house before the game.. I live on the highway headed to the stadium and have lots of porch for some serious pregame beer and bbq. It would be byob... (bring your own boobies) because we just don't have enough to of those in town to share with you Wylie guys..

Another idea is my buddy at Humphry Petes would save us a room for a pregame meet and great if we wante to do some good cold ones there

Petes would be nice.

95mustang
09-24-2009, 09:42 PM
Better yet we are off this week. Lets start a few weeks early. :)

garciap77
09-24-2009, 09:43 PM

:2thumbsup
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/wettee.jpg

Sounds great! Count me in!

Looking4number8
09-24-2009, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
Better yet we are off this week. Lets start a few weeks early. :)

Me and a buddy will be there tomorrow night... you welcome to join us. Have to admit, I am a regular.

Looking4number8
09-24-2009, 09:45 PM
:2thumbsup
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/wettee.jpg

yep, you are the reason I cheer for Wylie most weeks!