PDA

View Full Version : Vernon update

Dominicfrank
09-23-2009, 11:41 AM
I have out of the loop this year. Looks like maybe an all-time low in Vernon football this year. Anyone from Vernon have any insight ? Are we just young? Do we have some good players earning their stripes or are we just having a bad year that could turn into more ?

RedWhiteBlue
09-23-2009, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Dominicfrank
I have out of the loop this year. Looks like maybe an all-time low in Vernon football this year. Anyone from Vernon have any insight ? Are we just young? Do we have some good players earning their stripes or are we just having a bad year that could turn into more ?
I have been wondering about you guys myself, D.....:thinking:

Dominicfrank
09-23-2009, 11:43 AM
We have only scored a couple times this year. I can understand a down year but this seems to be a REAL bad one.

Graham for real this year? McCoy a senior ? Tough district regardless of how good you are. Good Luck.

RedWhiteBlue
09-23-2009, 01:55 PM
Thanks!! Very, very tough. Yes, Casey is a Senior.:(

BILLYFRED0000
09-23-2009, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Dominicfrank

Yeah. not looking too good for the lions. I like that bunch and the school. Good luck guys.

RedWhiteBlue
09-23-2009, 02:22 PM
Good luck to Vernon Lions and the rest of your season!!:D

goosealaniz
09-23-2009, 08:53 PM
this year vernon is young... and the QB wears what looks like linemen shoulder pads so he has to throw it in an awkward position because he can only lift his arms so high before the shoulder pads hit his own helmet.

footballmom
09-30-2009, 09:48 AM
Vernon Lions are a little young this year, we do not have the size we have had in the past. A very young RB Devin Butler who is only a freshman(my nephew) . We just need to let these guy's know that the VERNON LION fans are behind them 100 percent. We actually talked to these kids and they feel that everyone has given up on them, so why even bother. WE LOVE THE LIONS WIN OR LOSE!!!! Stay strong Lions.

Ranger Mom
09-30-2009, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by goosealaniz
and the QB wears what looks like linemen shoulder pads so he has to throw it in an awkward position because he can only lift his arms so high before the shoulder pads hit his own helmet.

Why is that???

R1Editor
09-30-2009, 10:14 AM

Johnny Utah
09-30-2009, 10:17 AM
I was lucky enough to watch the Vernon Lions work out in the spring of 2003, very impressive. Great town it seems. They will rebound, too much history not to, the same with Sweetwater. Every program(for the most part) goes through cycles.

garciap77
09-30-2009, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by footballmom
Vernon Lions are a little young this year, we do not have the size we have had in the past. A very young RB Devin Butler who is only a freshman(my nephew) . We just need to let these guy's know that the VERNON LION fans are behind them 100 percent. We actually talked to these kids and they feel that everyone has given up on them, so why even bother. WE LOVE THE LIONS WIN OR LOSE!!!! Stay strong Lions.

I saw RB Devin Butler vs Wylie and he is a very good RB. I just don't know why Vernon didn't play him much in the first half.

Bullaholic
09-30-2009, 10:38 AM
This year's Vernon players need to talk to some of us who had the mis-fortune of our teams meeting up with some of the great Vernon Lion teams of the past who just flat ran over us and just about everybody else in their path during those years. The Vernon Lion tradition is one of the stronger ones that I have seen and I have no doubt that the talent pool is still considerable in Vernon and will unite with time to make the Lions roar again very soon. Best of luck to the Vernon Lions, except for their district game with the Bulls, of course.

goosealaniz
09-30-2009, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Why is that???

im not sure

IP-HAWKS
09-30-2009, 11:58 PM
I wouldn't count out the VERNON LIONS just yet!

garciap77
10-01-2009, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by IP-HAWKS
I wouldn't count out the VERNON LIONS just yet!

:iagree:

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-02-2009, 11:27 AM
After that first win, things get better.

Go Lions.

Dominicfrank
10-07-2009, 10:20 AM
I am about to post the TRN 5-3A update on a different thread. I like what I heard. Freshman RB who is getting good yards, I like that , something to build on.