PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood should be ranked #1

Looking4number8
09-23-2009, 08:27 AM
Just messing with ya... We are open this week and Brownwood does'nt even have a thread on the first 4 or 5 pages... I have no life and today is an easy work day for me, so I thought I would throw a thread out there that would draw a little attention to my boring week.

Rocket
09-23-2009, 08:32 AM
We will be by the time the season is over.

turbostud
09-23-2009, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Rocket

There is a difference in theory and reality. :rolleyes:

Rocket
09-23-2009, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by turbostud
There is a difference in theory and reality. :rolleyes:

We shall see...

95mustang
09-23-2009, 08:47 AM
I will make the vote for #1. Afterall polls are opinions right?

Footballhudini
09-23-2009, 10:33 AM
3-7

jason
09-23-2009, 10:38 AM
maybe their volleyball team is really good???

Footballhudini
09-23-2009, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by jason

they should be. after all, they were 4a 2 years ago

OldBison75
09-23-2009, 10:40 AM
I'm gonna put Brownwood in the same category as my Navasota Rattlers. I believe they are a top 10 team and have the potiential to go all the way. Both teams still have alot to prove and are in very tough districts. If both move through thier districts undefeated, then they are top 3 or 4. Alot of good football teams still have a say in where both teams finish.

Footballhudini
09-23-2009, 10:41 AM
they could also go winless in district if not careful

nobogey72
09-23-2009, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by jason

NOT in the 7th grade. We have smoked them twice this year. Total and Complete DOMINATION!!!!!!! :D

Rocket
09-23-2009, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Footballhudini

Based on what?

BwdLions
09-23-2009, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
I'm gonna put Brownwood in the same category as my Navasota Rattlers. I believe they are a top 10 team and have the potiential to go all the way. Both teams still have alot to prove and are in very tough districts. If both move through thier districts undefeated, then they are top 3 or 4. Alot of good football teams still have a say in where both teams finish.

I like the way you think OldBison75. ;)

BwdLions
09-23-2009, 11:40 AM
Based on what?

Rocket, remember what your mother told you? Don't argue with people that don't make any sense. Footballhudini doesn't have a clue. :rolleyes:

injuredinmelee
09-23-2009, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Footballhudini
well most years but with Breck and Sweetwater everyone has two easy weeks... sorry SW folks I had to stir the pot a little bit.

Rocket
09-23-2009, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
well most years but with Breck and Sweetwater everyone has two easy weeks... sorry SW folks I had to stir the pot a little bit.

Wylie is about to get all they can handle. Believe that.

OldBison75
09-23-2009, 12:24 PM
So is Brownwood gonna get the win this week against BYE? Hopee none of the Lions get injured in this one.

garciap77
09-23-2009, 12:28 PM
So is Brownwood gonna get the win this week against BYE? Hopee none of the Lions get injured in this one.
LOL

Rocket
09-23-2009, 12:28 PM

Not sure..If Graham can beat 'em, I know we can.

Brownwood is getting healthy. October 9th is gonna be fun.

garciap77
09-23-2009, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Just messing with ya... We are open this week and Brownwood does'nt even have a thread on the first 4 or 5 pages... I have no life and today is an easy work day for me, so I thought I would throw a thread out there that would draw a little attention to my boring week.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:stirpot:

:1popcorn:

garciap77
09-23-2009, 12:30 PM
Hey Coach Rocket! Will you and Kid Ice be scouting this weekend? We are playing a spread offense!

P.S. Nobogey is not allowed to come down to the M&G, so you don't have to be scared now!

Rocket
09-23-2009, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Hey Coach Rocket! Will you and Kid Ice be scouting this weekend? We are playing a spread offense!

P.S. Nobogey is not allowed to come down to the M&G, so you don't have to be scared now!

Is Wylie playing a good spread offense? LOL

Our M&G spot is too far away from the concession stand for nobogey.

Rocket
09-23-2009, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Rocket, remember what your mother told you? Don't argue with people that don't make any sense. Footballhudini doesn't have a clue. :rolleyes:

I know. I just want to see if he can put together a coherent response to back up his stupid posts. Still nothing...

garciap77
09-23-2009, 12:49 PM
Is Wylie playing a good spread offense? LOL

Our M&G spot is too far away from the concession stand for nobogey.

Keep laughing teacher, or coach, or whatever!:D

;)

RedWhiteBlue
09-23-2009, 12:50 PM
Not sure..If Graham can beat 'em, I know we can.

Brownwood is getting healthy. October 9th is gonna be fun.
Good one!!!:D But just like OldBison said make sure your boys are careful and don't get hurt on their off weekend. I know I am getting sick of you using that line. It's time for you to come up with a new song to sing....:cool:
Seriously, Brownwood folks- what is the word on your injured boys? When are you expecting them back? Just wondering.....:)

Rocket
09-23-2009, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
Good one!!!:D But just like OldBison said make sure your boys are careful and don't get hurt on their off weekend. I know I am getting sick of you using that line. It's time for you to come up with a new song to sing....:cool:
Seriously, Brownwood folks- what is the word on your injured boys? When are you expecting them back? Just wondering.....:)

Everybody but Brown (QB) is going to be fine. Our defense will be 100%. Shipley will be back as well.. :) We still aren't sure on Brown's status and date of return.

Rocket
09-23-2009, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Keep laughing teacher, or coach, or whatever!:D

;)

Oh I can't wait until Brownwood-Wylie Week on the Downlow... It is going to be awesome!

95mustang
09-23-2009, 01:12 PM
Oh I can't wait until Brownwood-Wylie Week on the Downlow... It is going to be awesome!

The Brown/Wylielow. I might have to take the week off from work just to be able to keep up with the thread.

Rocket
09-23-2009, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
The Brown/Wylielow. I might have to take the week off from work just to be able to keep up with the thread.

We will literally take over the board. It is going to be crazy. Get your pics ready, Garcia...

Looking4number8
09-23-2009, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang

+1

ccmom
09-23-2009, 01:29 PM
We will literally take over the board. It is going to be crazy. Get your pics ready, Garcia...

I think we should just bring last year's Wylie/bwood threads to the front page that week. Y'all are still full of the same mess you were last year. :p :taunt:

RedWhiteBlue
09-23-2009, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
I think we should just bring last year's Wylie/bwood threads to the front page that week. Y'all are still full of the same mess you were last year. :p :taunt:
Thats kind of what I was thinking, cc. I may have to take a week off from the DL.... It is definitely going to get deep around here!!:thinking: :eek:

Sville
09-23-2009, 03:01 PM
You Bwood folks do know the difference between potential and reality, don't ya?

Let ole Sville share a story with you.

Little Johnny asked his dad for a school report, "What is the difference between potential and reality, dad?"

His dad told Johnny to go ask his mother, brother, and sister, if they would sleep with Brad Pitt for a million dollars?

Little Johnny goes ask his momma if she would sleep with brad Pitt for a million dollars. She hem and hawed around and finally said, "Well I guess we could pay off all the bills and send you kids to college so yes I would."

Next Little Johnny went and asked his brother the same question. His brother said, " Shoot yeah. Do you realize how much money that is."

Finally Little Johnny asked his sister if she would sleep with Brad Pitt for a million dollars. She said, "OMG yes. He is so hot!"

Little Johnny went back to his dad and his dad asked him, if he knew the difference between potential and reality now?

Little Johnny said yes dad. Potentially we are sitting on 3 million dollars but the reality of the situation is we are living with two whores and a queer.

Moral of the story: Potentially Brownwood is the number 1 team in 3A, but the reality of the situation is the Lions haven't been to the playoffs in 2 years and have one winning season in the last 5.

ccmom
09-23-2009, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Sville

Little Johnny asked his dad for a school report, "What is the difference between potential and reality, dad?"

His dad told Johnny to go ask his mother, brother, and sister, if they would sleep with Brad Pitt for a million dollars?

Little Johnny goes ask his momma if she would sleep with brad Pitt for a million dollars. She hem and hawed around and finally said, "Well I guess we could pay off all the bills and send you kids to college so yes I would."

Next Little Johnny went and asked his brother the same question. His brother said, " Shoot yeah. Do you realize how much money that is."

Finally Little Johnny asked his sister if she would sleep with Brad Pitt for a million dollars. She said, "OMG yes. He is so hot!"

Little Johnny went back to his dad and his dad asked him, if he knew the difference between potential and reality now?

Little Johnny said yes dad. Potentially we are sitting on 3 million dollars but the reality of the situation is we are living with two whores and a queer.

Moral of the story: Potentially Brownwood is the number 1 team in 3A, but the reality of the situation is the Lions haven't been to the playoffs in 2 years and have one winning season in the last 5.

ZING.....:eek:

Looking4number8
09-23-2009, 03:06 PM

Wait, wait ,wait... If there are whores around here, I sure as He!! aint finding them!

RedWhiteBlue
09-23-2009, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Wait, wait ,wait... If there are whores around here, I sure as He!! aint finding them!
But are you findin' the funny little guys (and I don't mean 'funny' ha ha)?? See... that may be your problem, Wookin'!:rolleyes: :doh:

BuckeyeNut
09-23-2009, 03:25 PM
We shall see...

You must be outside your mind:D :D

Rocket
09-23-2009, 03:40 PM

In 4 of the last 5 years, Brownwood was playing in some of the toughest districts in 4A with 3A numbers. Yeah, you spit out some facts, but they are empty with detail.

In 2004, we took our lumps with Sophpomore Jarret Lee (LSU). We still made the playoffs and were 2 and done in 2004 with Lee as a Soph.

Then in 2005, Lee moves away his Jr year leaving us to start over again with no QB. Our QB and backup QB get hurt. We still make the playoffs, but were 1 and done.

In 2006, Pachall is a Soph, we make it to the Quarters after squeezing into the playoffs on a coin toss. Playing teams with 1800+ 3 out of 5 weeks in District. In that District, Brownwood is Quarterfinalists, Waco is a Finalist, and Copperas Cove was a Finalist. IN 4A.

In 2007, we just couldn't get it done in that tough district and miss the playoffs. We did beat the #1 4A team in the state at their house after Robert Griffin gets ejected in the 1st Quarter because he threw a fit after getting his bell rung.

In 2008, we all know what happened. We drop to 3A, have the best offense in the state (10 games), and defense can't be found and we lose Blue Chip DB Kenny Vacarro. Kenny could have helped us win some of those close games last year and he was also a great offensive player as well. Either way, 2008 is what it is. Oh and Sville had to throw 4 hail mary passes to beat us. LOL AND we went toe to toe with some of the best teams 3A had to offer and it took everything they had to beat us (even with our lack of defense).

Now we are in 2009. New staff, New excitement. Our best WR, Return man, DB is hurt in the second scrimmage along with numerous others (including our QB) recently and we are still 3-1 (3-0 against 3A opponents). You point to the past and say we are potentials but not quites? I point to the present and say we have already dominated 2 teams that were (in the recent past) a state-finalist, and semi-finalist and another that will probably win their district this year.

We have had 2 losing seasons in the last 5. 2 were even seasons, 1 was winning. :)

Ranger Mom
09-23-2009, 03:47 PM

Wouldn't it be funny.....just for a joke.....if we mods thread banned every one from BW and AW that week from every thread having to do with either team??:p

Wait a minute.....with the "tenacity" of some of these posters, I wouldn't put it past them to go to an unrelated thread and make it "their own."

We might just have to temporarily "bench" some people, but we would leave it where you could still read.....

wouldn't that be fun????:D

Gobbler Fan
09-23-2009, 03:55 PM
Ban em all ...:devil:

95mustang
09-23-2009, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Wouldn't it be funny.....just for a joke.....if we mods thread banned every one from BW and AW that week from every thread having to do with either team??:p

Wait a minute.....with the "tenacity" of some of these posters, I wouldn't put it past them to go to an unrelated thread and make it "their own."

We might just have to temporarily "bench" some people, but we would leave it where you could still read.....

:hand: Did you get that Grape Jelly cleaned up? :D

RedWhiteBlue
09-23-2009, 05:14 PM
In 4 of the last 5 years, Brownwood was playing in some of the toughest districts in 4A with 3A numbers. Yeah, you spit out some facts, but they are empty with detail.

In 2004, we took our lumps with Sophpomore Jarret Lee (LSU). We still made the playoffs and were 2 and done in 2004 with Lee as a Soph.

Then in 2005, Lee moves away his Jr year leaving us to start over again with no QB. Our QB and backup QB get hurt. We still make the playoffs, but were 1 and done.

In 2006, Pachall is a Soph, we make it to the Quarters after squeezing into the playoffs on a coin toss. Playing teams with 1800+ 3 out of 5 weeks in District. In that District, Brownwood is Quarterfinalists, Waco is a Finalist, and Copperas Cove was a Finalist. IN 4A.

In 2007, we just couldn't get it done in that tough district and miss the playoffs. We did beat the #1 4A team in the state at their house after Robert Griffin gets ejected in the 1st Quarter because he threw a fit after getting his bell rung.

In 2008, we all know what happened. We drop to 3A, have the best offense in the state (10 games), and defense can't be found and we lose Blue Chip DB Kenny Vacarro. Kenny could have helped us win some of those close games last year and he was also a great offensive player as well. Either way, 2008 is what it is. Oh and Sville had to throw 4 hail mary passes to beat us. LOL AND we went toe to toe with some of the best teams 3A had to offer and it took everything they had to beat us (even with our lack of defense).

Now we are in 2009. New staff, New excitement. Our best WR, Return man, DB is hurt in the second scrimmage along with numerous others (including our QB) recently and we are still 3-1 (3-0 against 3A opponents). You point to the past and say we are potentials but not quites? I point to the present and say we have already dominated 2 teams that were (in the recent past) a state-finalist, and semi-finalist and another that will probably win their district this year.

We have had 2 losing seasons in the last 5. 2 were even seasons, 1 was winning. :)

Is it just me or isn't it ironic that this is posted on the "Brownwood should be ranked #1" thread? Maybe he read it wrong and thought it said, "Reasons why Brownwood isn't ranked #1" Just sayin'...:confused: :thinking: :doh:

Rocket
09-23-2009, 05:20 PM
Is it just me or isn't it ironic that this is posted on the "Brownwood should be ranked #1" thread? Maybe he read it wrong and thought it said, "Reasons why Brownwood isn't ranked #1" Just sayin'...:confused: :thinking: :doh:

You obviously cannot read and comprehend. See the quote I replied to! :doh:

On the other hand, the time of defending Brownwood is coming to a close. The team is going to take care of that soon enough.

Oh and in 2006, we beat Wylie.
In 2007, we beat Wylie.
In 2008, Wylie finally beats us (by 3 and a horrible ref call), but so does everybody else. LOL

Rocket
09-23-2009, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Yeah and watch your site traffic fall off the map. It will be the biggest game in the state in 3A. Yup, washed-up, full of potential Brownwood vs. juggerNOT Wylie.

TheDOCTORdre
09-23-2009, 05:28 PM

I gotta agree with Rocket on this one...

by the end of the season Brownwood will be ranked #1 on excuse makin list:D

RedWhiteBlue
09-23-2009, 05:29 PM
You obviously cannot read and comprehend. See the quote I replied to! :doh:

On the other hand, the time of defending Brownwood is coming to a close. The team is going to take care of that soon enough.

Oh and in 2006, we beat Wylie.
In 2007, we beat Wylie.
In 2008, Wylie finally beats us (by 3 and a horrible ref call), but so does everybody else. LOL

You know whats funny? I didn't read any of it.:D But I was curious to see what you would come back with. And I am so glad you will soon quit defending Brownwood and you will finally just let their actions speak for themselves- because they are doing a fine job on their own I must say.:D
And then you through in the freakin' old horrible ref call bit. Ugh!!:rolleyes: :doh:

Rocket
09-23-2009, 05:32 PM
You know whats funny? I didn't read any of it.:D But I was curious to see what you would come back with. And I am so glad you will soon quit defending Brownwood and you will finally just let their actions speak for themselves- because they are doing a fine job on their own I must say.:D
And then you through in the freakin' old horrible ref call bit. Ugh!!:rolleyes: :doh:

It was a bad call!!! And I know how much those Wylie posters hate it... HAHA Am I right, ccmom?

ccmom
09-23-2009, 06:24 PM
It was a bad call!!! And I know how much those Wylie posters hate it... HAHA Am I right, ccmom?

Ok...you asked, so here is my take on it...

After seeing "the call" on replay, it probably was a bad call. I don't have every millisecond of the game memorized like a lot of Brownwood posters do, because THANK GOODNESS we don't pick up the "Kitty Cat Channel" here....you know the one that plays that same game over and over and over. :rolleyes:

So, for arguement's sake, let's say it was a bad call. (yes, I have already admitted it probably was)
1) Who is to say that if Brownwood had kept the ball, that they would not have turned it over on the next play? By the same token, who is to say that Brownwood wouldn't have taken it in for a TD on the next play? NOBODY KNOWS!!

2) Does the Brownwood coaching staff truly believe this was an intentional move by the refs, or is this just coffee shop opinion? :confused: If the coaching staff believes that to be the case, which I highly doubt, then why in the world wouldn't they do everything they could to try to use another chapter of officials for this year's district games? :thinking:

3) If Brownwood's 2008 team had been as superior to Wylie as you had claimed before the game, then why in the world did the entire game come down to one call? :confused: Shouldn't y'all have been whipping the Dawgs by that time in the game, so that one call wouldn't have made such a difference? :confused:

4) Whining about bad calls never sits well with me. Case in point...in the 2008 semi-final game, there were some who questioned whether Prosper's QB really got into the endzone during the second OT. To me...it looked the refs got it right, but some disagreed. However, IMO if Wylie had TRULY been the better team and had taken care of business, it never would have come down to OT, much less double OT. They were two evenly matched teams that played their hearts out. Prosper got it done....Wylie didn't. Kudos to them! They deserved the state title that they earned.

So, you see, Rockee....this is why it gets under my skin to hear all this whining about "the call." BOTH teams played their hearts out that night....it could have gone either way. It didn't go yours that time. Get over it, and find a new excuse.

See ya on 10/9, precious! :kiss: (and please don't ask me any more questions. If you think this was exhausting to read, you should try typing it! ;) )

Rocket
09-23-2009, 07:00 PM

After seeing "the call" on replay, it probably was a bad call. I don't have every millisecond of the game memorized like a lot of Brownwood posters do, because THANK GOODNESS we don't pick up the "Kitty Cat Channel" here....you know the one that plays that same game over and over and over. :rolleyes:

So, for arguement's sake, let's say it was a bad call. (yes, I have already admitted it probably was)
1) Who is to say that if Brownwood had kept the ball, that they would not have turned it over on the next play? By the same token, who is to say that Brownwood wouldn't have taken it in for a TD on the next play? NOBODY KNOWS!!

2) Does the Brownwood coaching staff truly believe this was an intentional move by the refs, or is this just coffee shop opinion? :confused: If the coaching staff believes that to be the case, which I highly doubt, then why in the world wouldn't they do everything they could to try to use another chapter of officials for this year's district games? :thinking:

3) If Brownwood's 2008 team had been as superior to Wylie as you had claimed before the game, then why in the world did the entire game come down to one call? :confused: Shouldn't y'all have been whipping the Dawgs by that time in the game, so that one call wouldn't have made such a difference? :confused:

4) Whining about bad calls never sits well with me. Case in point...in the 2008 semi-final game, there were some who questioned whether Prosper's QB really got into the endzone during the second OT. To me...it looked the refs got it right, but some disagreed. However, IMO if Wylie had TRULY been the better team and had taken care of business, it never would have come down to OT, much less double OT. They were two evenly matched teams that played their hearts out. Prosper got it done....Wylie didn't. Kudos to them! They deserved the state title that they earned.

So, you see, Rockee....this is why it gets under my skin to hear all this whining about "the call." BOTH teams played their hearts out that night....it could have gone either way. It didn't go yours that time. Get over it, and find a new excuse.

See ya on 10/9, precious! :kiss: (and please don't ask me any more questions. If you think this was exhausting to read, you should try typing it! ;) )

The only reason I bring that call up is to prove one little point. Brownwood is not scared of Wylie. Brownwood has beaten Wylie 2 out of 3 times since we have started playing on Friday Night and while the rest of 3A holds Wylie in such high regards (as it should be, Wylie has earned it) Brownwood was smacking your best teams around during scrimmages and recently on Friday nights. To say Wylie was so much better than Brownwood last year is not true on a head-to-head matchup.

A ref blew the game on a hideous call. You are right, it could have gone either way and if we were so much better it should not have come down to that. But we all know our defense wasn't going to allow us to win any games last year. With a passing game like we had, you have to have a defense that can cover up the turnovers. Either way, the timing of that call was the hardest part to take. I believe we were up by 7 and driving and then he GIVES you the ball on the 45? Momentum is one of the biggest things in football and that will def turn the tide. Refs can affect games. Excuse? maybe, but don't deny it. Refs can affect the outcomes of games.

Fast forward to this season. Our defense can actually make stops and we have some monsters on both sides of the ball that have not even really been released yet. We still haven't had a breakout game. We haven't had to. It is like having an A bomb at your disposal. You wait until the right time to drop it. If you don't have to drop it, why drop it? You will see soon.

Sville
09-23-2009, 07:15 PM
Don't make excuses, make adjustments.

If, if and buts were candy and nuts what a Merry Christmas Brownwood would have.

zebrablue2
09-23-2009, 07:17 PM

as the old song goes-- you may be right- I may be crazy. but I don't think so. be willing to bet an adult bev. with you though:D

Rocket
09-23-2009, 07:18 PM
Don't make excuses, make adjustments.

If, if and buts were candy and nuts what a Merry Christmas Brownwood would have.

That's all you got? LOL

Rocket
09-23-2009, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
as the old song goes-- you may be right- I may be crazy. but I don't think so.

I will go this far... crazier things have happened.

garciap77
09-23-2009, 08:07 PM

All night long!!!!!!!!!!!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/2946129062_766234b92e-1.jpg

:D

;)

garciap77
09-23-2009, 08:56 PM

:lies: :lies: :lies:
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_2463-2.jpg

:D

garciap77
09-23-2009, 09:03 PM

Stop it ccmom! You are going to make the baby cry!!!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/cry-baby-1.gif

;)