PDA

View Full Version : Espn

blowfish
09-22-2009, 10:27 PM
Although I am not easily impressed and had the fortune to meet many celebs in my career I nearly fell over when I had a conversation with a guy from ESPN tonight.

He is in charge of getting info and media on the players for their "big" games. He was looking for pics and video on Case Keenum. Never dreamed I would ever help ESPN in any capacity.

I told my 17 and 20 year old I talked with ESPN and they said "Yeah right DAD". :D

Gobbla2001
09-22-2009, 10:32 PM
What kind of info did they want? Doesn't matter, this is all they'll say:

"Keenum is the first quarterback in 30 years that played his high school ball west of Dallas, South of Lubbock and East of New Mexico to have beaten a team with the school colors of green in the state championship game his senior year of high school and end up defeating a team north of the red river and south of the Kansas City, MO (not KS) ranked in the top 5 at their home field that was either funded by a Lawyer, Doctor, Vet or Oil-man, Back to you"

"Wow, Bob, that is some accomplishment"

blowfish
09-22-2009, 10:34 PM
They actually didnt want much info, of course they got it anyway. Couldnt resist telling them. Mostly they want pictures and video of his high school days. I got the impression they might use the "they both played in Abilene" angle.

Maroon87
09-22-2009, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
What kind of info did they want? Doesn't matter, this is all they'll say:

"Keenum is the first quarterback in 30 years that played his high school ball west of Dallas, South of Lubbock and East of New Mexico to have beaten a team with the school colors of green in the state championship game his senior year of high school and end up defeating a team north of the red river and south of the Kansas City, MO (not KS) ranked in the top 5 at their home field that was either funded by a Lawyer, Doctor, Vet or Oil-man, Back to you"

"Wow, Bob, that is some accomplishment"

:spitlol: dude...so true

Gobbla2001
09-22-2009, 10:41 PM
Frickin'-a-right it's true...

but no, that's pretty cool blowfish, and I'm real happy for Keenum and what's he's 'really' accomplished at UH... just wish he hadn't won his last HS game :(

nobogey72
09-23-2009, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Frickin'-a-right it's true...

but no, that's pretty cool blowfish, and I'm real happy for Keenum and what's he's 'really' accomplished at UH... just wish he hadn't won his last HS game :(

That was actually his Jr. year. He lost his last HS game the next year vs. Gainsville.

WildTexan972
09-23-2009, 09:28 AM
or maybe it was Gainesville

nobogey72
09-23-2009, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
or maybe it was Gainesville

or maybe you are such a good speller and I am so impressed at your outstanding observation.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :nerd: :nerd: