PDA

View Full Version : Burnet @ Wimberely

sandmaster
09-22-2009, 01:32 PM
Who starts strong in 8-3a?

Pudlugger
09-22-2009, 01:37 PM
I think Burnet wins this one. Wimberley seems down this year. We'll see though.;)

cookiemonster
09-22-2009, 02:22 PM
Wimberley is getting healthy at the right time to make a run at the 8-3A District Championship.

95mustang
09-22-2009, 02:25 PM
My vote will have to go to Burnet in this one. They are a scrappy bunch.

shamu85
09-22-2009, 02:26 PM
Burnet by two TD's. This is not Wimberley's year.

Red&White_9x5
09-22-2009, 02:34 PM
I am taking Burnet in this one. There is no doubt that the Texans have some horses and I know they have been injured, but I just think that at this point the Burnet squad is more prepared. It should be a good game though, and since they are playing in Wimberley the Bulldogs are already down a touchdown and they haven't even got off the bus yet!

TexanAlum_06
09-22-2009, 02:58 PM
I think Burnet will win this one. Regardless if we are healthy or not we just have not played well this season at all. From what i understand Burnet has a pretty good passing game and our weakness on defense is in the secondary by a large margin. That doesnt mix well.

Rocket
09-22-2009, 03:00 PM
Burnet. Easily.

pirate4state
09-22-2009, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Red&White_9x5
I am taking Burnet in this one. There is no doubt that the Texans have some horses and I know they have been injured, but I just think that at this point the Burnet squad is more prepared. It should be a good game though, and since they are playing in Wimberley the Bulldogs are already down a touchdown and they haven't even got off the bus yet! :eek: haha

Daddy D 11
09-22-2009, 03:05 PM
since they are playing in Wimberley the Bulldogs are already down a touchdown and they haven't even got off the bus yet!

:1omg!: :fnypost: :iagree:

BwdLions
09-22-2009, 04:53 PM
Burnet should win this one. They should do very well in that district this year. I was impressed with them in week 0.

spaniard
09-22-2009, 05:08 PM
i'm thinking burnet will win this one by 13, not sure why it'll be 13, just feels right ;)

Trashman
09-22-2009, 07:27 PM
Burnet makes winning look easy.:D

Charlie47
09-22-2009, 08:16 PM
Ten years cheering for Burnet, can't stop now!:clap: :clap: :D

Super_R
09-23-2009, 07:54 AM
I'm hearing that both the starting and back qb for Wimberley are injured.

swineflu
09-23-2009, 08:16 AM
Burnet.....by 2 TD's

themsu97
09-23-2009, 11:04 AM
Burnet had a difficult time last year with the running back... he has not graduated... game is in Wimberly...

but Burnet should win

Old Dog
09-23-2009, 01:56 PM
I think that good running back is only a Soph. now. Lots of potential in front of him.

cookiemonster
09-23-2009, 02:07 PM
Super I think you need to check your sources on the two QB's. Starter is back and the other will move to WR. All injuries are coming back this week for the Texans and district 8-3A better look out!!!!!!!

lange4
09-23-2009, 03:11 PM
Injured players are coming back to teams all across the District. Wimberley is not the only team that has been affected.

LHdog
09-23-2009, 04:04 PM
This is a "trap" game for Burnet. As most Burnet fans know from previous games in Wimberley, you must overcome more that just the Texan football team in order to win there. If the game is close in the 2nd half, then the advantage goes to Wimberley as the "home cooking" officiating is always good for a 7 to 10 point swing.

lange4
09-23-2009, 04:10 PM
Yep, I agree. Four worst places to play, Wimberley, Liberty Hill, Bandera, and Brady.

TexanAlum_06
09-23-2009, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by lange4
Yep, I agree. Four worst places to play, Wimberley, Liberty Hill, Bandera, and Brady.

I would take out Brady and insert Llano.

lange4
09-23-2009, 06:40 PM
Well I am glad to see somebody else feels that way too. And the bad news is we have to play there 5 times a year.:)

banderafan
09-23-2009, 08:53 PM

OUCH!!

wimbo_pro
09-23-2009, 08:59 PM
With the way we have played part of the opener and the last 3 games, how can anybody pick us to win against anyone?? We couldnt even win in an inter-squad scrimmage playing like this.

With that said, the talent is there to beat Burnet, but we gotta bring it. We can do it, I have confidence that we can. But will we? I think we will come around, and maybe this will be the week. Go Texans!

Daddy D 11
09-23-2009, 10:47 PM
How's LH a bad place to play?

Other than the fact that for 3 years we didn't lose a game at home.

Super_R
09-24-2009, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by cookiemonster
Super I think you need to check your sources on the two QB's. Starter is back and the other will move to WR. All injuries are coming back this week for the Texans and district 8-3A better look out!!!!!!!

I said I heard they are injured...I guess I should have said were injured. Good for them.

garciap77
09-24-2009, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
How's LH a bad place to play?

Other than the fact that for 3 years we didn't lose a game at home.

Even though we did not play, I really liked the atmosphere and the cheese burgers. I like the sitting, it's close to the playing filed and great for taking pictures. The parking lot was a different story and only because it rained.:)

Red&White_9x5
09-24-2009, 07:56 AM

I would have to say in the near past officiating hasn't been that much of an issue in LH. I will agree on the other three especially Brady and Wimberley. These two towns must have their own little officiating chapter and they do all sports!

wtman
09-24-2009, 09:35 AM
I would have to say in the near past officiating hasn't been that much of an issue in LH. I will agree on the other three especially Brady and Wimberley. These two towns must have their own little officiating chapter and they do all sports!

you must not have been at the Burnet game last year then..

Super_R
09-24-2009, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by wtman
you must not have been at the Burnet game last year then..

That's right...the officials tipped that pass right to Woodbury for the LH win.

themsu97
09-24-2009, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Super_R

no, that would be the pass interference call... ball in end zone... contact at 15 yard line... and on the last two plays the holdings that were not called... but I guess tackling the de and olb are not holds since it was a clean horse collar...

cookiemonster
09-24-2009, 10:17 AM
So your telling me the official jumped up and tipped the ball!!! That should have been sent to the UIL.

TexDad
09-24-2009, 10:27 AM
Yes, Wimberley has it's own chapter!!! That's funny, we did use SA Chapter and this year we went to Austin's chapter. Wonder why we got away from SA since they were so obvisiously bias toward the Texans. Really people, I have been to lot's of games over the last 20+ years and I could say the same thing about almost every place we have played. When some teams lose it's always the officials to blame, home or away.

wtman
09-24-2009, 11:11 AM

Be careful Super R, you know not of what you speak...

There were consequences from the chapter based on the poor officiating of the Dawgs-Hill game last year....

And yes, the little young back-judge official in the Reebok cleats wishes he had indeed tipped the ball to LH! It was going to be his 15 minutes of fame!

Super_R
09-24-2009, 11:38 AM
relax wtman it was a hell of a game loaded with big plays, bad plays, good calls, and bad calls...when that happens the losing team almost always feels cheated.

Super_R
09-24-2009, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by themsu97
no, that would be the pass interference call... ball in end zone... contact at 15 yard line... and on the last two plays the holdings that were not called... but I guess tackling the de and olb are not holds since it was a clean horse collar...

Holding that was not called...holding happens on every play. Defensive ends get tackled on a regular basis nowdays. Why would the olb get held...his man was running a route.

This is all in the past now. It was an amazing game to watch.

wtman
09-24-2009, 11:52 AM
no sour grapes. burnet did not deserve to win anyway...they just didnt' make the plays to win the game like the Panthers did....but don't tell me there are no officiating "discrepancies" at Liberty Hill. Yes they are good, VERY GOOD, but there are other reasons they have a 3 year home-game winning streak.

themsu97
09-24-2009, 12:33 PM
Holding that was not called...holding happens on every play. Defensive ends get tackled on a regular basis nowdays. Why would the olb get held...his man was running a route.

This is all in the past now. It was an amazing game to watch.

really? holding happens on every play? so it should only be called at the point of attack... so when the DE and the OLB come on a blitz, those are called... and the qb rolls to his right, which is what he did, and that is where the stunt and blitz come from and both are held which allowed the qb time to throw the pass then it should not have been called?
it is all in the past for sure but point was where homerism is at its finest...
yes, every game has bad calls, it is just when the bad calls occur... lucky for some of ya'll you never have to play a game in the Golden Triangle... that is homerism at its finest...

wimbotexan
09-24-2009, 12:55 PM
i think the texans havent played one game to thier full potential all the starters are back and i can see a different energy from the team if wimberley shows up to play they will upset burnet just like they did last year

espn1
09-24-2009, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by wimbotexan
i think the texans havent played one game to thier full potential all the starters are back and i can see a different energy from the team if wimberley shows up to play they will upset burnet just like they did last year Burnet will need some good luck! Wimberley is the worst place to play in the State!Cousins and Uncles or something, I've seen many horrible calls since the 70's.

TexDad
09-24-2009, 02:59 PM
From the 70's?????That's funny, we have only had a high school since 1985-86. Like I said earlier, I have seen it everywhere, yes even in Burnet...

TexanAlum_06
09-24-2009, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by espn1
Burnet will need some good luck! Wimberley is the worst place to play in the State!Cousins and Uncles or something, I've seen many horrible calls since the 70's.

Fail

espn1
09-24-2009, 03:33 PM
No doubt I've seen many bad calls. I'm not sure who I got you cofused with when I was in Jr. High. Maybe Hays!

TexDad
09-24-2009, 03:42 PM
I say even with the 7 to 10 points the officials are supposely worth, we are still going to have to step it up to hang with Burnet. Our RB will need a huge game this week to keep Burnet's offense off the field.

wimbo_pro
09-24-2009, 05:03 PM
Waaaaaa!! We got a bad call!!! Waaaaaa!!! The state's referee union loves Wimberely and not us!!WAAAAAAAAAA!

wimbo_pro
09-24-2009, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by espn1
Burnet will need some good luck! Wimberley is the worst place to play in the State!Cousins and Uncles or something, I've seen many horrible calls since the 70's.

WaaaaAAAaaaaAAAAaaaaa!!!!!

LHdog
09-24-2009, 07:02 PM
Even in the Burnet Bulletin this week, the sports editor acknowledged the histrorical tendency for "homer" calls when playing at Wimberley. If it's in the newspaper, then it must be true.

wimbo_pro
09-24-2009, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by LHdog
Even in the Burnet Bulletin this week, the sports editor acknowledged the histrorical tendency for "homer" calls when playing at Wimberley. If it's in the newspaper, then it must be true.

LOL...you are so right. But all joking aside...really...do you think there is some funny business going on? I mean...really?

i have noticed very little accusations of homer calls when we are down and losing. Hear tons of it when we win...just an observation.

sandmaster
09-24-2009, 09:11 PM
Well I am glad to see somebody else feels that way too. And the bad news is we have to play there 5 times a year.:)

Llano gets no home cooking when they are playing, if anything, the refs are against them at home! Believe me, I have seen plenty of games. Brady is the worst place to play in the State of Texas, hands down.

Gobbla2001
09-24-2009, 09:20 PM
I still can't get over how Wimberley was in our district a little over a decade ago and now they're in Region 1...

Gobbla2001
09-24-2009, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by sandmaster
Brady is the worst place to play in the State of Texas, hands down.

I dunno about playing football there, but I've seen the place and I wouldn't want to run track there... 8 runners race around the second turn that leads behind the bleachers, a minute later only 1 comes out...

Tx Challenge
09-24-2009, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
Fail

Young buck here. I didnt think JV players were allowed to post..:D :D

Best of Luck to you guys this week Alum

TexanAlum_06
09-25-2009, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge
Young buck here. I didnt think JV players were allowed to post..:D :D

Best of Luck to you guys this week Alum

You get the hell outta here with your nonsense fogey. lol jk:D

Good luck to yall as well.

Super_R
09-25-2009, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Waaaaaa!! We got a bad call!!! Waaaaaa!!! The state's referee union loves Wimberely and not us!!WAAAAAAAAAA!

Did you really just do that. Thiat is how10 year old and younger kids patronize each other.

Dawg Dad
09-25-2009, 08:01 AM
Burnet better watch out! They are coming into Wimberley at the wrong time. Wimberley is almost completely healthy for the first time all year, and they basically own the bullpups!

wimbo_pro
09-25-2009, 10:06 AM
Did you really just do that. Thiat is how10 year old and younger kids patronize each other.

Careful there Super R...accusing others here on the board as coming across as immature might strike others as somewhat hypocritical.

Super_R
09-25-2009, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Careful there Super R...accusing others here on the board as coming across as immature might strike others as somewhat hypocritical.

I didn't accuse you as being immature...I just pointed out that you chose the same method to patronize others as a kid would. It's your prerogative. Have fun tonight.

cookiemonster
09-25-2009, 10:54 AM
A healthy Wimberley D is going to be just too much for the Bulldogs.

wimbo_pro
09-25-2009, 12:20 PM
I didn't accuse you as being immature...I just pointed out that you chose the same method to patronize others as a kid would. It's your prerogative. Have fun tonight.

U2.

LHexPlayer
09-25-2009, 03:36 PM
Why don't all you whiners go sign up to be a ref? Bunch of babies.