PDA

View Full Version : Sinton Lady Pirates vs. Robstown

Vrabird
09-22-2009, 11:47 AM
Sinton Lady Pirates are going for win #4 in district tonite in Sinton. Come out and support the girls!!

Phil C
09-22-2009, 01:13 PM
I will be there but don't be fooled. Robstown is tough.

pirate4state
09-22-2009, 01:14 PM
Vrabird - I may actually get to make some of this game. LOL

I came out for a little bit Saturday. Yikes! :eek: :eek:

Vrabird
09-22-2009, 01:46 PM
We are not talking about Saturday!!!!! Maybe it will wake the girls up. They definitely seen what a REAL volleyball team plays like.

Phil C
09-22-2009, 01:53 PM
It will be tough tonight! Don't be fooled. Robstown is a proud and just town and will want to make an impression tonight. We must be ready.

pirate4state
09-22-2009, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Vrabird
We are not talking about Saturday!!!!! Maybe it will wake the girls up. They definitely seen what a REAL volleyball team plays like. LOL yeah, okay. At least in the third game, of the first match, they made improvements. ;)

Those 2 teams were UNREAL! Goodness. It can only help them down the road. Lord knows they won't see anything like that in our district! :doh:

Phil C
09-22-2009, 02:01 PM
Poth is a small town but they have been very powerful in volleyball the past 20 years or so. I remember in the 90s Freer had great volleyball teams and lost to Poth 3 out of 4 years in close matches at regional. Poth went on to easily win state and the games with Freer were the real state championship games. In the one match Freer won it was the same case because Freer won state that year.
Poth has continued to dominate. I met a friend from Floresville that is just north of Poth and he said good volleyball players there and in surrounding towns transfer (legally of course) to Poth so they can be on a good winning team. Also he was laughing because they hired a supt. who happened to have had a daughter who was an outstanding volleyball player and many felt it wasn't a coincidence. They love the volleyball there and many good players love to transfer there.

Vrabird
09-22-2009, 02:11 PM
I believe it!! They looked like an all star team. There were not too many holes on that court. Our girls gave a lot of hustle though and never gave up!!!

Vrabird
09-22-2009, 07:59 PM
Sinton Lady Pirates win in 3 games. 25-8,25-7,25-12.
4-0 in district!!! Way to go Lady Pirates!!!!!!!!!!!

sinton66
09-22-2009, 08:35 PM
Congrats Lady Pirates! Keep it going.

Phil C
09-23-2009, 09:24 AM
Robstown did have a very good player in Victoria Guitierrez. She was number 17 and I think she is a senior. She did the most spectacular one person block I have ever seen. We played Wimberly when they won state a few years ago and they could block shots but it was two on the block rather than one on one like Victoria did. Most spectacular indeed.

pirate4state
09-23-2009, 11:28 AM
Good job girls! As I drove into the parking lot, people were filing out of the gym. :doh: :(

I'll have to wait until next week to watch them play.

How is OG doing in VB? Should they give the girl's any competition?

I know next week is a big week. Traveling to Fal on Tuesday and hosting AP on Friday!

Phil C
09-23-2009, 12:48 PM
I don't know how Orange Grove and Ingleside came out last night in the district. West Oso defeated Mathis 3 - 2. In another battle of the unbeatens Aransas Pass beat Falfurrias 3 - 0. We play both these teams next week. Aransas Pass is a good team and is also unbeaten in district. They would even be better if the teenage terminator was playing for them this year.