PDA

View Full Version : I DO NOT get it!!!!

Ranger Mom
11-24-2003, 12:12 PM
I was hardly on here at all yesterday, and evidently I missed all the "noise" being made about where Sinton and Burnet are playing. It seems like almost every post where this game is mentioned, someone brings that up!! :rolleyes:

All I can say is that I would be more than happy to drive across the great state of Texas and watch my team play.

When we played Daingerfield last year at Coppel, we were at least twice as far away as they were. Were we whining and complaining?? HECK NO, we were just ecstatic to be there!!

I don't understand it - I would give anything to still be playing!

Owen B
11-24-2003, 12:19 PM
Fans of about 180 3A teams would agree with you, Ranger Mom.

CatWoman
11-24-2003, 12:21 PM
Same here RangerMom. I also don't care much for their $$$ comments about loss of revenues, etc. I personally think they're missing the whole point of high school football and the fun and thrill it brings.

Ranger Mom
11-24-2003, 12:38 PM
CatWoman:
Same here RangerMom. I also don't care much for their $$$ comments about loss of revenues, etc. I personally think they're missing the whole point of high school football and the fun and thrill it brings.I know - I finally quit reading it.

Who do I think will win? Burnet
Who do I want to win? Sinton
Why? Overall, I like the Sinton people here better!

sahen
11-24-2003, 01:03 PM
i think from what i read most of the problem was with the fact that sinton made the game easier to access to them when burnet tried to make it somewhat even last year...so that kinda ticked off burnet...but to tell you the truth i think the biggest problem with the game is not the travel cause that is expected in 3a playoff football but because the game is right in the middle of a texas tradition...UT vs. A&M....doesnt matter how bad the either UT or A&M gets and how much of a blow out it might be everyone wants to watch it...esp. the die-hard football fans which are the people traveling hours to watch a highschool game....so basically tehpeople are mad cause they gotta choose between UT vs. A&M and Burnet vs. Sinton....

weatherag07
11-24-2003, 01:15 PM
Ranger Mom:

CatWoman:
Same here RangerMom. I also don't care much for their $$$ comments about loss of revenues, etc. I personally think they're missing the whole point of high school football and the fun and thrill it brings.I know - I finally quit reading it.

Why? Overall, I like the Sinton people here better!Please don't judge the Burnet fans by some idiotic statements from like 2 people. We are grateful to still be playing ball right now.

Owen B
11-24-2003, 01:34 PM
sahen:
...but to tell you the truth i think the biggest problem with the game is not the travel cause that is expected in 3a playoff football but because the game is right in the middle of a texas tradition...UT vs. A&M...I took a quick look and saw that there are at least 14 other games in 3A-5A scheduled for Friday. Three of them run concurrently with UT vs. A&M, but people travelling to all of them would miss the UT-A&M game. The only complaints I've seen on any of the 4 football forums I follow are from a couple of Burnet fans on this board. (BTW, I didn't check travel distances on all those games, but I noticed a couple where one team has to travel farther than Burnet does to Corpus Christi.)

CatWoman
11-24-2003, 02:10 PM
High School football is supposed to be played on Friday nights!! As a huge high school football fan, UT and A&M pale in comparison.

pirateman98
11-24-2003, 02:42 PM
I want to say that I agree with everyone on this subject here. It shouldn't be about us, the fans, but the kids. We are not the one's playing the game here, they are. Let's remember that we are here to support them no matter what. If some of the fans can't make, yes its ruff, but that is a part of life. I still, to this day, have not seen Sinton play once this year. For one, I live in Austin and two, I don't have a car. I have to work this Friday as well but I am not complaining. My heart will be with them and Burnet(only beause of the drive :D )while I am working(only after the game with Sinton will I cheer for Burnet).

Here is a little story I have to tell:
Two years ago, when we played at Kyle field two weeks straight, my sister and her husband drove there and back with four kids with them. From Sinton to College Station is about 4 1/2 to 5 hour drive one way. After that drive my sister was a little wierded out and a little upset we didn't win(the State Title) but she didn't complain. She also complained about the kids fighting but what family doesn't have that problem during a trip. I hope that everyone from Burnet makes it there and back safely. Best wishes to them and all who are traveling this weekend to see there teams play. Good Luck and Go Pirates!!!

Buckeye80
11-24-2003, 02:42 PM
Ranger Mom:

When we played Daingerfield last year at Coppel, we were at least twice as far away as they were. Were we whining and complaining?? HECK NO, we were just ecstatic to be there!!Yeah that one is a little unfair. Daingerfield is only about 150 miles from Coppel, so it was a little more than twice as far for you guys. I don't understand the logic in making some of the venue decisions, but I agree with you that I'll drive wherever I have to go to see my Buckeyes play.

sahen
11-24-2003, 03:40 PM
Owen B:

sahen:
...but to tell you the truth i think the biggest problem with the game is not the travel cause that is expected in 3a playoff football but because the game is right in the middle of a texas tradition...UT vs. A&M...I took a quick look and saw that there are at least 14 other games in 3A-5A scheduled for Friday. Three of them run concurrently with UT vs. A&M, but people travelling to all of them would miss the UT-A&M game. The only complaints I've seen on any of the 4 football forums I follow are from a couple of Burnet fans on this board. (BTW, I didn't check travel distances on all those games, but I noticed a couple where one team has to travel farther than Burnet does to Corpus Christi.)true...i wasn't saying i agree w/ the complaining....just saying why the people were complaining.....sometimes where and when ur games are played are just the luck of the draw...sometimes its crappy like in this case and others it is good...

dawgdad
11-24-2003, 04:37 PM
Most of the Burnet fans I've talked to are not complaining about the trip to CC. It's Sintons call. They had to drive to Round Rock last year and now it's our turn to take a road trip. That's just the way it goes.

xlr8tor
11-24-2003, 04:49 PM
pirateman98:

Here is a little story I have to tell:
Two years ago, when we played at Kyle field two weeks straight, my sister and her husband drove there and back with four kids with them. From Sinton to College Station is about 4 1/2 to 5 hour drive one way. After that drive my sister was a little wierded out and a little upset we didn't win(the State Title) but she didn't complain. She also complained about the kids fighting but what family doesn't have that problem during a trip. I hope that everyone from Burnet makes it there and back safely. Best wishes to them and all who are traveling this weekend to see there teams play. Good Luck and Go Pirates!!!Yeah, I remember long trips like that. Usually Dad made that statement, "If I have to stop this vehicle, everybody's gettin it!" Just my take.

Bongo
11-24-2003, 05:41 PM
Frankly, being an Aggie, I'm kinda glad we play on Friday!

SintonFan
11-24-2003, 05:51 PM
weatherag07:

Ranger Mom:

CatWoman:

Why? Overall, I like the Sinton people here better!Please don't judge the Burnet fans by some idiotic statements from like 2 people. We are grateful to still be playing ball right now.Look at some of the other threads that are now started, your 2 just tripled and more are to follow, I'm sure. eek!

sinton66
11-24-2003, 07:29 PM
You know, folks, I'm getting damned tired of these people bashing Sinton for winning a stupid coin toss. They wanted the Alamodome, our coaches wanted Seguin. They couldn't agree, so we flipped. That seems very simple to me. Nothing but sour grapes!

Rabbit'93
11-24-2003, 07:47 PM
66 What happened to our board?

My two cents is ... It's coming off as "how dare you people ask US, to travel. Don't you know who we are?" I can promise you that if the game was in the Dome Sinton backers would have said nothing.

I don't even remember Everman complaining about traveling to SA. Whoever said its a 3 hour trip, you're an idiot. I drove it back in Oct. try about 4 1/2 from DFW.

Some people bring up the Holiday. Hell I can name at least a dozen that are playing Fri. My team included. $$$ the only thing I have to say about the whole revenue thing is...if you're counting on playoff games for revenue, then you're school must be hurting.

We have a bunch of adults acting like children here. This message board used to be better than that.

29x281
11-24-2003, 07:51 PM
"It's coming off as 'how dare you people ask US, to travel. Don't you know who we are?'" -- Rabbit93

That may be how it's "coming off," but that's not how it really is. Even your own phrasing suggests you think there might be more to it.

There is more to it.

Ranger Mom
11-24-2003, 07:52 PM
Rabbit'93:
66 What happened to our board?

My two cents is ... It's coming off as "how dare you people ask US, to travel. Don't you know who we are?" You know, I couldn't have stated it better. That is EXACTLY the feeling that I get reading about this.

I was fortunate to get to attend all six of the Rangers play-off games last year - the road trips were what made it so fun!! (Even my trip home from the State Championship - which because of circumstances beyond my control took almost 8 hours) :p

weatherag07
11-24-2003, 07:57 PM
SintonFan:

weatherag07:

Ranger Mom:

CatWoman:

Why? Overall, I like the Sinton people here better!Please don't judge the Burnet fans by some idiotic statements from like 2 people. We are grateful to still be playing ball right now.Look at some of the other threads that are now started, your 2 just tripled and more are to follow, I'm sure. eek! It just sounds like many of the fans are just upset about the site/date/time. You can't blame them. I know, everybody has to take their turns making the trips. It just isn't the greatest time. So soon after Thanksgiving and all, right on the coast. Nothing can be done about it now, so everybody's just blowing their steam. I understand them, I wanted to go to the game, but I can't now (in Dallas for Turkey Day), and that's how it goes. I just count on them winning so I can see them next week.

Rabbit'93
11-24-2003, 08:00 PM
Who cares that people are changing their Turkey Day plans. There's another one next year. The same can't be said for the team you guys have this year.

<small>[ November 24, 2003, 07:06 PM: Message edited by: Rabbit'93 ]</small>

weatherag07
11-24-2003, 08:06 PM
Rabbit'93:
Who cares that you're changing your Turkey Day plans. There's another one next year. Your teams in the playoffs. The same can't be said for the team you guys have this year.You are not getting what I'm saying...
I'm *not* changing my plans. I was simply stating that that is partly why many Burnet fans are upset...that and the ticket situation. Don't jump on me for saying that. I know many people only get to see certain family members once a year, and that is usually on Thanksgiving. Nonetheless, Burnet will still turn out a fair fan base.

sinton66
11-24-2003, 08:07 PM
WeatherAg07, you've been kind and polite and we appreciate it, but with SOME of your fans, it isn't just letting off steam.

Rabbit'93
11-24-2003, 08:07 PM
weatherag07:

Rabbit'93:
Who cares that you're changing your Turkey Day plans. There's another one next year. Your teams in the playoffs. The same can't be said for the team you guys have this year.You are not getting what I'm saying...
I'm *not* changing my plans. I was simply stating that that is partly why many Burnet fans are upset...that and the ticket situation. Don't jump on me for saying that. I know many people only get to see certain family members once a year, and that is usually on Thanksgiving. Nonetheless, Burnet will still turn out a fair fan base.Sorry I didn't mean for it to sound like that. I re-worded it. :D

weatherag07
11-24-2003, 08:09 PM
Rabbit'93:

weatherag07:

Rabbit'93:
I'm *not* changing my plans. I was simply stating that that is partly why many Burnet fans are upset...that and the ticket situation. Don't jump on me for saying that. I know many people only get to see certain family members once a year, and that is usually on Thanksgiving. Nonetheless, Burnet will still turn out a fair fan base.Sorry I didn't mean for it to sound like that. I re-worded it. :D No prob! wink

sinton66
11-24-2003, 08:14 PM
Here's the deal on the tickets. We agreed to reserved seats. Obviously, we are expecting a HUGE crowd, and we have to accomodate everybody. If there was no reserved seating, you Burnet folks kight have had to arrive VERY early to get a seat. Picture this, if I buy a reserved seat, walk up to it, and discover your kid sitting next to you in MY seat, I'm not going to be happy. You wouldn't either if the situation was reversed.

eye of the tiger
11-24-2003, 08:28 PM
1997 Commerce had to travel to the Astrodome to play Sealy on a Friday. I believe the date was December 23rd. Christmas time. Sealy won the coin toss. It was a privilege to have my team still playing. Bunch of Commerce,including me, had to fly to make it. But we made it. Lost the game but the excitement was incredible. Teams have to travel a lot during the playoffs, especially our west Texas friends. You deal with it. I just don't understand the complaining. And to complain about the way Corpus Christi handles ticket sales makes it seem like the same rules didn't apply to Sinton. And one post on one of the several hundred threads about this, even implied that school taxes might go up because of the loss of revenue. As if as few thousand dollars means anything to the taxing authorities. Ricdiculous. Having a good football team does't mean you get special treatment. And as far as their superintendent goes, I think he should be censored for his actions. Free speech carries responsibility. His position carries responsibility. His actions were not very responsible at all. I,m sure not all of Burnet felt the way a few posters on this board do, but with the actions of the school system's leader, the whole town is probably in an uproar. It will probably lend to a not so nice game. I hope I am wrong.

<small>[ November 24, 2003, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: eye of the tiger ]</small>